Southgate Peddled.

Crumpy Gunt

1. W.B.A.       13  7  3  3  24:13  24

2. Newcastle    13  7  3  3  19:8   24

3. Cardiff      13  7  2  4  26:12  23

4. Middlesbro   13  7  2  4  20:13  23

5. Blackpool    13  6  4  3  19:13  22

1 point from top. I definitely thought he would get the sack in feb-march and then again after the relegation, doesn't make sense that they decided to stick with him through all that and then sack him now when they are doing relatively well

1 point from top. I definitely thought he would get the sack in feb-march and then again after the relegation, doesn't make sense that they decided to stick with him through all that and then sack him now when they are doing relatively well

crowds obviously no other logical reason

It's always the crowds with us (don't laugh).  They did for Lennie Lawrence, Robbo and now Gate although personally, I would have sacked him after the Cardiff City debacle in the FA Cup Quarters.

What is most disappointing is if we fired him in January, got someone like Curbishley in and given him the window, I suspect we'd still be in the Premier League.

That said, the championship wont prove any difficulty for an experienced manager - I have been surprised about how sht this league really is.

ask their fans if they are doing well. the performances have been terrible.

Surely to gauge opinion you need to ask more them 12 people

Surely to gauge opinion you need to ask more them 12 people

i work with a few aswell and all to a man and one woman wanted him gone in the summer.

First time Gibson has ever sacked a manager aswell, which makes it all the more bizarre. But I think Gibson cacked his pants at the falling gates and had already made his mind up to let him go before they got the win last night, the result was irrelevent.

Basically he has tried to give Southgate all the time in the world to get it right, but the fans started to vote with their feet. he saw he needed to make a decision and he made it. Good solid chairmanship I reckon, oh for that sort of sense in the boardroom at SJP. The best we can hope for is that they employ Blarney O'Dreary or someone, like southgate, who is new to management. If they get a decent manager we've had it. Cardiff, WBA and Boro will wrap up the top three and we'll be scrapping it with one of them in the playoffs if we are lucky.

Slightly off topic, but Adam Johnson is class, with him playing well they'll be up there no matter who is in charge.

Planning?!?

The last nail in the coffin came when Gibbo herd the crowd was there smallest ever crowd at the Riverside for a league game

This.

Gibson has seen the crowds suffer more than usual this season, one win last night won't change that, and knows he had to do something otherwise the club will struggle for funds.

Also surprised at this. But I guess it shows ambition from the board, something we're completely bereft of.

They have a chairman who CARES about the club.

WE have a chairman who sh*ts on the club.

If their board had ambition they wouldn't have appointed Southgate in the first place.

Fair point - but he's an intelligent bloke, maybe he may have been good - but intelligent players rarely are.

John Barnes is the perfect example of this.