Southgate Peddled.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Wally_McFool

Anthony Vickers  Evening gazette smog blog says that Strachan and Pendrey will be confirmed as the new Smog bosses tomorra.

Being published in the later editions of the gazette appantly

Looks like Strachan, but my darkhorse for the job is Nigel Pearson.

I also have a 'hunch' that this will be the case. (Pearson)

We should all put some money on.

:lol:

Guest johnson293

From the Beeb...

Among the favourites to replace Southgate is former Celtic boss Gordon Strachan, who has been out of work since leaving the SPL side in May, while other names linked are Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson and former Newcastle and Blackburn manager Graeme Souness.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/8318553.stm

:pow:

Guest neesy111

Feel sorry for Southgate.

Ugly cunt but seems a nice guy.  Not exactly doing an awful job either.

did last season, he's been sacked cos off really last season

Guest Dennis Carter

Souness said on Skysports he would never manage again the other week, so I can't see it being him unless he meant to say he can't see himself being offered the chance to manage again....

Looks like it's gonna be Strachan. Strange decision to sack him I think. Yeah attendances have been down and they've had a few bad results, but it's not as if they are a million miles away from the pace. They've got a fairly young squad and Southgates worked with them for a number of years, so to get rid of someone who knows their strengths and weaknesses inside out seems strange when whoever comes in could take 2 months of tinkering to figure the squad out by which time they could well and truly be out of the running

Guest Dennis Carter

I have just flicked SSN on and Richard Bevan was in the studio. He said he thinks Southgate is a future England Manager  :kasper:

Did he mention anything about Chris Houghton and the Real Madrid job?

I'm still surprised nobody has signed up Johnson, think he's the best player in this league and has a real touch of class about him. Although I am guessing they would want a rather hefty fee for him.

Guest johnson293

I'm still surprised nobody has signed up Johnson, think he's the best player in this league and has a real touch of class about him. Although I am guessing they would want a rather hefty fee for him.

Speculation on Total Sport last night that Bruce was watching him on Tuesday night, and may make a move in January.

Guest Roger Kint

Bet its Keegan.

Lot of other people have.

Best odds of 6-1 last night

Ladbrokes have pulled it from their site now so must be confirmed on Strachan?