Newcastle United 2-1 Doncaster Rovers - 24/10/09 - post match reaction from p20

PM

people say we were lucky but how many attempts/chances did they create?

On target 10 v 3

Off target 8 v 3

definitely deserved the win. we let down by poor finishing more than poor defending

The fact we're top of this division says far more about the overall standard of the league than us. We were awful. Utterly appalling. The fact Doncaster Rovers were less shite than us today is irrelevant. The fact we're top is irrelevant. The number of things wrong at this club is just insane. I don't even know where to start.

Any Premiership reserve team would wipe the floor with us. The whole club needs to be ripped apart, from the very top to the very bottom. Starting with the owner. It's a shambles and an embarrassment that we're top of this league. We're dreadful.

Never been this down after seeing us win. :(

Missed it. Class result for us really, not for quality of the opposition but just to turn around our slump. Cant believe i missed a last minute winner  :angry: gutted.

And again we win the game when Ranger comes on.

Pretty sure some smart fella made an entire thread based on this a few days ago  :smug: :smug:

A crestfallen Harewood was roundly booed by the home fans as he was replaced by Nile Ranger' date=' but Carroll, who was spared the axe by his manager after his misses, repaid the faith with a stunning equaliser after 67 minutes.[/quote']

How true is that, people who were there?

What happened with the penalty?

A looping cross came in and their player headed it off R. Taylors arm (which was up in the air). It was only from about 2 yards or so, but if it was us I would have appealed for it.

Cheers.

The fact we're top of this division says far more about the overall standard of the league than us. We were awful. Utterly appalling. The fact Doncaster Rovers were less shite than us today is irrelevant. The fact we're top is irrelevant. The number of things wrong at this club is just insane. I don't even know where to start.

Any Premiership reserve team would wipe the floor with us. The whole club needs to be ripped apart, from the very top to the very bottom. Starting with the owner. It's a shambles and an embarrassment that we're top of this league. We're dreadful.

Christ. When even you're being so down it says something. :undecided:

A crestfallen Harewood was roundly booed by the home fans as he was replaced by Nile Ranger' date=' but Carroll, who was spared the axe by his manager after his misses, repaid the faith with a stunning equaliser after 67 minutes.[/quote']

Pretty true, very loud cheer when his number went up, followed by noticeable booing. I don't agree with it like but he has been garbage. Ranger changed the game.

Very true. Worse than anything i've heard since Barton's substitution against Forrest in 97.

The fact we're top of this division says far more about the overall standard of the league than us. We were awful. Utterly appalling. The fact Doncaster Rovers were less s**** than us today is irrelevant. The fact we're top is irrelevant. The number of things wrong at this club is just insane. I don't even know where to start.

If they lose games they're going to play worse, hopefully this win will lift them again. The important thing is to turn around the results. We beat the side who are currently 2nd earlier in the season, we have the ability to beat anyone in this league. They just to keep their performances up & they've been dropping. Probably due to confidence more than anything.

Pretty true, very loud cheer when his number went up, followed by noticeable booing. I don't agree with it like but he has been garbage. Ranger changed the game.

Everywhere he's been it's the same

About time Marlon started asking himself "Is it everyone else thats wrong, or ME ?"

The fact we're top of this division says far more about the overall standard of the league than us. We were awful. Utterly appalling. The fact Doncaster Rovers were less s**** than us today is irrelevant. The fact we're top is irrelevant. The number of things wrong at this club is just insane. I don't even know where to start.

Unfortunately for me, it was all about the 3 points regardless of how they were won.

Weirdly, this absolute s**** group of players play well when the confidence is there. Hopefully this win will spur them into picking a few more points.

It's about getting out of this league in whatever way possible. We address the squad and its ability to play in the Premier League in the summer IMO.

We're a crisis club who couldn't beat Cramlington U12s on their day, but we're top of the table. Let's keep it that way.

Harper had very little to do, the defence were shaky at times but our midfield opens up like the red sea even in this division.  Butt should never start in the middle ahead of Guthrie who isn't a winger and is wasted in that position.  Get LuaLua on the wing and I think our game will open up a lot more than it does now. 

Butt has loads of experience but his body is so wrecked he can't use that experience and he still finds it difficult to find his team mates with the ball.  Kadar was at fault for the goal but he wasn't too bad considering who he was along side and who was protecting the defence.  Jonas did nothing for most of the game but Carroll and Harewood do very little to help anybody trying to find them with the ball.

Ranger looked good before he was dropped and again did more than the bloke who is keeping him out of the team.  Both Carroll and Harewood should have probably come off because of the way they were playing.  Carroll justified staying on and looked better when playing along side Ranger, the whole team looked better after we brought Ranger on as he brought a bit of sparkle to our game.

We scored two good goals and we're lucky that they missed the penalty because I think we'd not have come back if that had gone in.

I'm not sure the sending off was justified as I didn't see anything wrong but I guess the TV will prove it one way or the other.

Hughton is out of his depth and got 3 of his starting 11 wrong, Guthrie should have started in the middle and Harewood should have started on the bench as he’s useless if the ball isn’t delivered directly to him, he’ll not move for the ball.  We need to start with a proper right winger so we can make the most of our right hand side.

Our first half performance was woeful again, we’ve got to get to the bottom of why this is happening and we have to stop hoofing the ball up field but we need to do something in midfield as we have to bypass them most of the time because they don’t offer themselves for a pass.

I’m not keen on Nolan but he’s produced again and is always looking to score and we need that from midfield.

They were also lucky we missed three sitters

The booing when he went off was quite loud and came from all areas of the ground.

How did you play today? Couldn't really hear Soccer Saturday earlier at the pool hall.

Either a way, that is a simply massive goal for you.

Does anyone actually want to win the Championship? WBA failing to win again, Preston and Boro drawing. With Sheff Utd tumbling atm, I fancy you to go win there next week.

The booing when he went off was quite loud and came from all areas of the ground.

Doesn't deserve to be booed like but he's aptly atrocious

How did you play today? Couldn't really hear Soccer Saturday earlier at the pool hall.

Either a way, that is a simply massive goal for you.

Does anyone actually want to win the Championship? WBA failing to win again, Preston and Boro drawing. With Sheff Utd tumbling atm, I fancy you to go win there next week.

Have to put Cardiff as favorites the way they're scoring right now. We'll have to improve a lot to keep up with them at this rate.

Does anyone actually want to win the Championship?

We want to and will. I blacked out for about 2 and a half minutes earlier at half time. I had a vision of 29th April 2010, I was watching SSN and we were 11 points clear at the top of the league.

The booing was frustration from certain people in the crowd, I didn't boo him but a lot of people thought he deserved it and I can understand that.  I'm not sure what good booing will do as it'll just knock any confidence that Harewood has and we'll still need to use him while he's here.

The booing was frustration from certain people in the crowd, I didn't boo him but a lot of people thought he deserved it and I can understand that.  I'm not sure what good booing will do as it'll just knock any confidence that Harewood has and we'll still need to use him while he's here.

He's a squad player and should've been from the start...from what i've seen he's a last resort