Sheff Utd v Newcastle, 02/11/09 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

What kind of fucking plank leaves Guthrie and Ranger on the bench? Do we really have to put up with this for an entire season?

Guthrie will come on in the 75th minute and Ranger in the 88th. Something ludicrous like that :facepalm:

BTW it isnt for the season, its until 2011 :(

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Butt ahead of both Guthrie and Ranger. f***s sake, dunno why we even bothered turning up :facepalm:

What did you expect? Hughton uses Ranger as an impact sub, but far too late in about the 84th minute and Guthrie usually replaces someone around the 70th minute mark. Not impressive but we've become used to it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The thing is Hughton dosen't have the discipline to leave out the likes of Nolan (I know he's playing well but he's a big character), Smith or Butt. They all have big personalities and he can't leave them out. I know two out of those players have been good this season but it's just a point to how much of an influence they have.

Watch this be a repeat of the defeat at Forest. Same score, same shit tactics.

This.  :sadnod:

At least if it is, I'll know it within the opening few minutes, as it didn't take me long to realise that we were going to get beat at Forest.

Is he playing Butt because he was in the squad which beat Doncaster? I'm not excusing the idiocy of it, just asking if thats the policy?

No, he's playing Butt and Smith in the same midfield because they are both senior pros and it won't do to upset the main men.

3-0 to us. Butt hattrick.

Seriously though, people are giving Sheff Utd too much credit. They've been shit recently.

Will make it a lot worse if we lose. Scunthorpe are awful too and Hughton's fucking around cost us that game. Really not feeling good about this game now but who knows, hope we batter them at the start to knock the confidence out of Sheffield.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is he playing Butt because he was in the squad which beat Doncaster? I'm not excusing the idiocy of it, just asking if thats the policy?

No, he's playing Butt and Smith in the same midfield because they are both senior pros and it won't do to upset the main men.

My post exactly. Very true

main men as in the player manager and player coach!!

You would have thought Hughton getting the manager spot would give him some confidence in dropping the likes of Butt. He has nothing to fear, he has the job now.