Sheff Utd v Newcastle, 02/11/09 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Harper

R Taylor   S Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

Is probably what i'd play to be honest.

That's a sexy team, best I've read so far.

So sexy the front three have a whopping no goals between them this season.

You do realise that Shola and Nolan have easily outscored the rest of the team? There really haven't been many goals besides those two.

Oh shit I totally forget.

Harper

R Taylor   S Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Guthrie   Smith   Nolan

Loven   Ranger   Jonas

Is probably what i'd play to be honest.

That's a sexy team, best I've read so far.

So sexy the front three have a whopping no goals between them this season.

You do realise that Shola and Nolan have easily outscored the rest of the team? There really haven't been many goals besides those two.

Oh s*** I totally forget.

Sure, whatever. The point is that we don't have any especially prolific forwards or wingers to throw in right now. We should just pick the players on form and talent and hope that Nolan continues his good play.

Guest toonlass

A defeat here may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Care to explain why not?

He probably think it may pressure ashley into allowing a loan signing or something, or maybe even sack Hughton.

:lol:

Simply because it will further fury fans, instead of masking over the shower of s*** we have just been hit with. It wont have any massive effect like, but I think if we could protest for that one game last season when the situation was considerably better, then surely now is the time to all Unite against this c***.

i thought the protest was a disaster tbh. did nothing but f*** up our season monumentally.

Do people still trot this s**** line out?

If they're referring to the incidents surrounding the Hull game, then it's a decent, if misguided and useless, point. Even a draw against Hull means we stay up. If the atmosphere is not so antagonistic, maybe we get that. Moot point anyway, tbh, though.

Or indeed against West Ham, Blackburn (x2), Sunderland, Fulham(x2), Wigan, Liverpool(x2), Manchester City, Bolton, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham or Aston Villa. Can't see why fans voicing their displeasure at a man who has destroyed our club at one game early on in the season can be blamed for the season we had.

It didnt single handedly destroy our season but it hardly helped. Everything about last season was a royal disaster, all us fans feeling sorry for ourselves, the side underperforming and getting slated for it, constant mistakes from the players because of the increased level of pressure they were under. Then self belief & confidence goes, which we then slate even more. That mentality is hardly going to breed success & i think its better that we stay away from it as much as possible.

If people stick to keeping their complaints outside of the ground, it wouldnt have as much of an effect. The problem is that isnt likely.

Care to explain why not?

He probably think it may pressure ashley into allowing a loan signing or something, or maybe even sack Hughton.

Simply because it will further fury fans, instead of masking over the shower of s*** we have just been hit with. It wont have any massive effect like, but I think if we could protest for that one game last season when the situation was considerably better, then surely now is the time to all Unite against this c***.

i thought the protest was a disaster tbh. did nothing but f*** up our season monumentally.

If they're referring to the incidents surrounding the Hull game, then it's a decent, if misguided and useless, point. Even a draw against Hull means we stay up. If the atmosphere is not so antagonistic, maybe we get that. Moot point anyway, tbh, though.

Or indeed against West Ham, Blackburn (x2), Sunderland, Fulham(x2), Wigan, Liverpool(x2), Manchester City, Bolton, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham or Aston Villa. Can't see why fans voicing their displeasure at a man who has destroyed our club at one game early on in the season can be blamed for the season we had.

I always suspected that sacking Keegan had something to do with the Hull result. Radical view.

Guest toonlass

Care to explain why not?

I always suspected that sacking Keegan had something to do with the Hull result. Radical view.

Really? OMG I thought it was a banner that was to blame!  :lol:

Yes, ignore the several changes of manager, the sale of Given and numerous poor performances on the pitch, the reason we were relegated came down to this: a little banner being paraded around a section of the ground against Hull City. Top six if that hadn't happened. Silly banner.

And if someone waves a fist in the general direction of Derek Llambias next Saturday, that'll be the turning point of the season and the moment the promotion dream ended.

Guest michaelfoster

My mate works for the NE ambulance service and rang me to say he had transferred Peter Lovenkrands dad from one hospital to another in Newcastle so im not sure whether Lovenkrands will be in the squad tomorrow

Guest toonlass

My mate works for the NE ambulance service and rang me to say he had transferred Peter Lovenkrands dad from one hospital to another in Newcastle so im not sure whether Lovenkrands will be in the squad tomorrow

Nice to see patient confidentiality is alive and well

Guest michaelfoster

Nice to see patient confidentiality is alive and well

Well he didnt tell me which hospital, he told me he met Lovenkrands at the hospital after transferring his father

Well, I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. I just think that they way we have been playing since the Ipswich game we have just been waiting for a team good enough to punish us, and even though Sheff Utd arn't as good as they were, I just think that they will be good enough to punish us.