Sheff Utd v Newcastle, 02/11/09 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Have a feeling Hughton will play Carroll up front by himself tonight, hope he doesn't

Throw in Smith/Butt in the middle as well :angry:

I think the midfield will be: Raylor, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Jonas.

I don't think he'll play Ranger for some reason

Won't Raylor be playing right back? Simpson will probably be at CB, although there's probably a good case for going with Kadar and Colo as the central defenders. Probably a bit too daring for Careful Chris methinks.

Even if just Colo (out of the three injured defenders) makes the starting 11 tonight, I'd be very tempted to stick Geremi at right-back, play Colo and Kadar and Enrique. We need Ryan Taylor on the right wing if we're going to have anyone capable of picking out Carroll and (hopefully) Ranger.

Even if just Colo (out of the three injured defenders) makes the starting 11 tonight, I'd be very tempted to stick Geremi at right-back, play Colo and Kadar and Enrique. We need Ryan Taylor on the right wing if we're going to have anyone capable of picking out Carroll and (hopefully) Ranger.

geremi may be better at that than ryan.

Anyone know if this match will be shown on whatever tele they have in Argentina?

the minister tude is going to watch on line apparently...maybe thats your best bet.

Don´t the computer i have access too will be good enough for that sort of activity unfortunately.

Anyone know if this match will be shown on whatever tele they have in Argentina?

http://msn.foxsports.com/fse/tvschedule/shows/premierleague  doesn't look like it.

Cheers fella.

It will be streamed online at bet365.com, providing you're outside the UK

I can watch this without placing a bet? Awesome!  Thanks, matey!

the minister tude is going to watch on line apparently...maybe thats your best bet.

Don´t the computer i have access too will be good enough for that sort of activity unfortunately.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fse/tvschedule/shows/premierleague  doesn't look like it.

Cheers fella.

It will be streamed online at bet365.com, providing you're outside the UK

I can watch this without placing a bet? Awesome!  Thanks, matey!

Oh yes indeedy! All you need to do is log in... What I've found so far is most of the CCC-games that aren't a 3.pm kickoff on saturdays is being streamed there, so keep that in mind!

Heading off soon, HTL

Pubs for pre match anyone?

Was a student in sheffield for the last three years. The nursery tavern on ecclesall road by the renault garage should be a pretty safe bet and beer is dirt cheap. Is dead studenty area so shouldnt be too much bother. The marsdens pub by the train station always has a fair few away fans....went past when the smogs were away in me toon strip n got some considerable stick once.

Yeah, it's televised in England, so all the usual outlets will have it streaming. If you have broadband, you should be able to watch with little difficulty.

A bit nervous about this one. A fancied team at the start of the season but haven't done much yet. The division is so tight though. It would be nice to get us the win as it would take us 6 clear of Boro and the last playoff place. We've been lucky that through our bad run the other teams slipped up.

A bit nervous about this one. A fancied team at the start of the season but haven't done much yet. The division is so tight though. It would be nice to get us the win as it would take us 6 clear of Boro and the last playoff place. We've been lucky that through our bad run the other teams slipped up.

Imagine if we hadnt had a bad run, we'd be 10 points clear or something.

We'll win by 3 clear goals.

Put your money where your mouth is. Go on, I dare ya.

I'll just lump on us to win. Even though I know we're shit I've never heard of the people playing for the other teams so generally assume we'll win and lump on. It betrays a real lack of intelligence.

For those that seem to think Chris learns and he goes along - do you think he will play Marleen "pin head" Harewood?

Lets hope Chris does learn as he goes.

Given

Simpson  Colo Kadar Enrique

Rtaylor  Guthrie  Smith  Jonas

Nolan  Ranger

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Wish I shared other people's confidence in a result tonight. Sheffield might be shit, they might have injuries but the games against equally shit sides like Scunthorpe have taught me not to take anything for granted.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Reckon it will be tight and scrappy. 1-0 win or a 1-1 draw. Can't see us losing, but it's 50/50 if we'll get the three points or just the one.

Hughton will play:

Harper

R.Taylor       Simpson     Coloccini     Enrique

Guthrie        Smith            Nolan         Gutierrez

Harewood    Carroll

Unfortuantely Harewood will start and Simpson will play next to Colo (I reckon). He won't risk S.Taylor but Colo's injury hasn't been as bad as Taylor's, but he'll probably get a place on the bench.

Subs- (Rough)- Krul, S.Taylor, Kadar, Butt, Geremi, Ranger, Lovenkrands