Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

next season it will net money if we are sponsered, which will help to imrove the team hopefully. The giant screen would also be positive surely?

Where are they going to put this giant screen though?

What do we need to know?  The score?  That's pretty simple as long as you make the start of the match.  How long's left?  Fat Sam's digital watches do that for us surely.

I'm really proud at our lack of all that stuff (big screens, songs after goals etc)Can do without any of it

next season it will net money if we are sponsered, which will help to imrove the team hopefully. The giant screen would also be positive surely?

They will get nowhere near the money they are quoting for it, assuming some company are daft enough to have their name associated with this bearing in mind the ill feeling its generating, maybe we will be able to buy a million pound player which Lambias promised if indeed its used to improve the squad.

No hang on that was promised during the January window and we will earn jack squat from sports direct and we will be back on the market during the summer window.

The whole renaming business wasn't the world's worst idea, and could have really benefited the club. What annoys me is that they announce it and then, at the first sign of trouble, they retreat and come up with a really daft idea that isn't going to satisfy anyone.

They should have waited to see if people were going to get used to the idea. Instead they've made one unholy mess of it. The whole point of renaming the stadium is product placement ie Jeff Stelling says 'Let's see what's going on at the Reebok stadium'. He's not going to say, 'Let's hear what's going on at the sportsdirect.com@stjamespark stadium'.

FFS, GET A GRIP!

Guest kissmyballs

The whole renaming business wasn't the world's worst idea, and could have really benefited the club. What annoys me is that they announce it and then, at the first sign of trouble, they retreat and come up with a really daft idea that isn't going to satisfy anyone.

They should have waited to see if people were going to get used to the idea. Instead they've made one unholy mess of it. The whole point of renaming the stadium is product placement ie Jeff Stelling says 'Let's see what's going on at the Reebok stadium'. He's not going to say, 'Let's hear what's going on at the sportsdirect.com@stjamespark stadium'.

FFS, GET A GRIP!

I doubt it was a retreat. The plan was almost certainly to rename the ground after Mr Ashley’s other business all along, and you can be sure he never had any intention of sportsdirect paying proper money for the privilege. Obviously he couldn’t just come straight out and say “St James Park will be reamned The Sportsdirect Arena and the club will receive no money” as that would have resulted in even great anger than there was when supporters thought we might end up playing at the Adidas Arena. His plan was to spread the bad news over a period of time to reduce the potential of a full scale riot.

Mr Ashley clearly bought NUFC to use it to promote his sports retail empire. He doesn’t care what happens to our club as long as it makes money for his other business.

FFS, GET A GRIP!

I doubt it was a retreat. The plan was almost certainly to rename the ground after Mr Ashleys other business all along, and you can be sure he never had any intention of sportsdirect paying proper money for the privilege. Obviously he couldnt just come straight out and say St James Park will be reamned The Sportsdirect Arena and the club will receive no money as that would have resulted in even great anger than there was when supporters thought we might end up playing at the Adidas Arena. His plan was to spread the bad news over a period of time to reduce the potential of a full scale riot.

Mr Ashley clearly bought NUFC to use it to promote his sports retail empire. He doesnt care what happens to our club as long as it makes money for his other business.

This is the classic cock-up v conspiracy debate. For me, it has all the hallmarks of a cock-up. Like so much of what has happened over the last two years.

Guest kissmyballs

Why why can’t it be both? He bought us to benefit sportsdirect but has made a right cock up of it. I’m sure getting relegated wasn’t part of the plan.

FFS, GET A GRIP!

I doubt it was a retreat. The plan was almost certainly to rename the ground after Mr Ashley’s other business all along, and you can be sure he never had any intention of sportsdirect paying proper money for the privilege. Obviously he couldn’t just come straight out and say “St James Park will be reamned The Sportsdirect Arena and the club will receive no money” as that would have resulted in even great anger than there was when supporters thought we might end up playing at the Adidas Arena. His plan was to spread the bad news over a period of time to reduce the potential of a full scale riot.

Mr Ashley clearly bought NUFC to use it to promote his sports retail empire. He doesn’t care what happens to our club as long as it makes money for his other business.

and hes going to pay owards of 250mill for the pleasure ?.

utter shite in my humble opinion.

So why did he buy the club then?

he wouldn't have if he'd done due dilligence.

in fact if that was the reson he'd have been better off putting together a 50mill package with fred for shirt-ground sponsorship and marketing rites.