Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At work yesterday afternoon I was actually laughing so hard I snorted tbh. I'm really not a snorter.

It's so ridiculous and far fetched that it's funny imo. He's clearly a massive clueless dicktwat, but you've gotta laugh. I mean, come on, the amount of times I can forcibly say 'The Sports Direct Dot Com At Saint Jameses Park Stadium' in a sentence is just fantastic.

popping up to SD.com@SJPS in a minute to get tickets for my housemate and I for the game on Saturday.

I must admit, if pork pie is taking this seriously, I'll be a little upset if the reverse of the ticket isn't labelled "sportsdirect.com@St. James' Park Stadium Seating Plan".

tut tut.  You need to keep on top of the game Michael...

At work yesterday afternoon I was actually laughing so hard I snorted tbh. I'm really not a snorter.

It's so ridiculous and far fetched that it's funny imo. He's clearly a massive clueless dicktwat, but you've gotta laugh. I mean, come on, the amount of times I can forcibly say 'The Sports Direct Dot Com At Saint Jameses Park Stadium' in a sentence is just fantastic.

Hmm. "Fantastic play at the .com" is quite catchy tbf...  :harry:

Just got an email from my MP thanking me for bring the issue to his attention and he has signed the EDM against the renaming of St James'. So anyone in North Northumberland, Alan Beith has signed it. haha

By the way, for the shortfall, which I doubt is £50million. Just another easy round number for Llamblier to say, like the £20mil Ashley puts in, the £100mil Ashley wanted, or the million or so we will pay for players.

Anyway, how much have we got back in the last year anyway. We made a transfer profit in January, how much? A massive transfer profit in the Summer, how much? A massive drop in wages during the summer. How much? We can't be that far away. And I doubt our turnover halved anyway. We had a new home top out as well.

By the way, for the shortfall, which I doubt is £50million. Just another easy round number for Llamblier to say, like the £20mil Ashley puts in, the £100mil Ashley wanted, or the million or so we will pay for players.

Anyway, how much have we got back in the last year anyway. We made a transfer profit in January, how much? A massive transfer profit in the Summer, how much? A massive drop in wages during the summer. How much? We can't be that far away. And I doubt our turnover halved anyway. We had a new home top out as well.

40m of our turnover was in the tv deal, attendances are down by 7000 how much the corperate sections been hit we don't know and no transfer anywhere is payed up front its all over a few years in instalments

40m of our turnover was in the tv deal, attendances are down by 7000 how much the corperate sections been hit we don't know and no transfer anywhere is payed up front its all over a few years in instalments

Apart from when Ashley decides to buy players then NUFC buy up front, we paid the full amounts up front for Nolan and taylor, despite letting Man city with all there money pay on tick for Given and for less than he's worth!

Apart from when Ashley decides to buy players then NUFC buy up front, we paid the full amounts up front for Nolan and taylor, despite letting Man city with all there money pay on tick for Given and for less than he's worth!

no one ever claimed he was competent

Money received for transfers isn't included in turnover regardless of whether its paid up front or in instalments, in the same way money paid out for players isn't included in annual costs. Its a bean counter thing.....

On the flipside of that should we go up thats £40m for PL fees, new sponsorship, new shirt deal, Butt/Geremi leaving(almost £7m of the wages) all without doing anything. Ensuring that would eclipse the losses they brought onto us through relegation instead of bleating at how hard its been for them.

I'm actually quite positive about our finances if we go up.  Wage bill will be around 35M which is respectable.

Yes but the squad costing us around £35 million is nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

Nobody is arguing that. Its a lot better base than £70m wagebill for players who arent good enough though isnt it?

It is. But, starting from where we will be next summer, whether a squad that can compete in the Premiership can be assembled by the current regime for a wage bill of £35 million has to be questionable. There is an absence of real quality in the squad and real quality costs money.

Chelsea doing the same. :lol:

Breaking news on SSN: "Chelsea to consider naming rights for Stamford Bridge".

A statement read saying they shouldn't have to fall behind the likes of Arsenal & Spurs who will have, or do have, sponsors on the grounds name.

Abramovich out!

A statement read saying they shouldn't have to fall behind the likes of Arsenal & Spurs who will have, or do have, sponsors on the grounds name.

Abramovich out!

Saw that  :lol:

Arsenal was a new ground not a renaming - so its a bit different tbh. Didn't know White Hart Lane had a change of name   ???

Edit: it must be referring to Spurs proposed new ground I guess.

Abramovich out!

Arsenal was a new ground not a renaming - so its a bit different tbh. Didn't know White Hart Lane had a change of name   ???

That is going to happen when they move to there new ground

Chelski fans not in uproar.....NO THREADS & IT HAS BEEN MINUTES SINCE THIS NEWS BROKE!!!

http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/index.php?/forum/7-the-chelsea-forum/

Abramovich out!

A new stadium is different, but it gives the club who has that an advantage when it comes to getting money in. I can see more and more clubs doing this and was only a matter of time tbh. We just set the ball rolling.

This has got to be the last straw for Chelsea fans.

If the Chelsea fans boo & shout things do you reckon Roman will be a big baby & put the club up for sale?

I think it all hinges on whether there's an @ involved really - everything seems to have calmed down round here since the sd.com@SJPS stuff was announced.

Abramovich out!

A new stadium is different, but it gives the club who has that an advantage when it comes to getting money in. I can see more and more clubs doing this and was only a matter of time tbh. We just set the ball rolling.

I don't really even see why this so much different than everything else. The game is corporate, but the club and the stadium will be called what the supporters call them.

Guest sicko2ndbest

There is a world of difference between a supportive owner who has thoroughly backed his team and stayed in the background to a lying cheating cheap skate who thinks we owe him one!