Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought he had permission for 6 signs, where are the other 5?

I guess it makes the club more sale-able on paper to a perspective new buyer?

Advertising that generates income = Business men

6 SIGNS!!!! Deffo deal breaker. Well played Mike.  Wonder if Peter Lim pulled out of buying Liverpool because word had reached Asia that the Toon had the green light for 6 signs making it better deal.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

6 SIGNS!!!! Deffo deal breaker. Well played Mike.  Wonder if Peter Lim pulled out of buying Liverpool because word had reached Asia that the Toon had the green light for 6 signs making it better deal.

It all adds up to a better chance of selling the club, why is that a bad thing

It's ironic that many folk having a strop about some signs on a stadium rarely actually visit it.

It's a whole load of nowt, instead of mithering and complaining how's about getting behind the side on Saturday in what is an infinitely bigger deal than this horseshit.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It's ironic that many folk having a strop about some signs on a stadium rarely actually visit it.

It's a whole load of nowt, instead of mithering and complaining how's about getting behind the side on Saturday in what is an infinitely bigger deal than this horseshit.

Quite right, who gives a toss really? Other clubs fans have got a lot more to complain about than a few signs.

There's some things that shouldnt have a price, and the prestige of SJP is one of them. Yes, advertisement boards are around the pitch & in the stands, but this is surley different and a massive bridge too far. Even more illustrious companies shouldnt have their name plastered all over the gallowgate end like that... of course its not worth a couple of million imo.

Guest neesy111

I'm not that bothered by it but pleased I won't be able to see it.

It's only an advert on the top of a roof that was built in the 1990's.

This is my opinion as well.  More things to be concerned about atm, like getting 3 points on saturday.

What does free advertising that generates no income for the club = ?

If the advertising space everywhere physically possibe is allegedly for sale, and one of the most popular clubs in the most popular league in the world can't sell it how many prospective owners is that attracting?

Guest thenorthumbrian

The unique identity and character of St James is dead, and the soul of the club is slowly being crushed.   

The unique identity and character of St James is dead, and the soul of the club is slowly being crushed.   

Agree with this.  I think very slowly and gradually the club is alienating itself from this city and the supporters.  The longer Ashley hangs around the greater the damage.  I don't think this is intentional on his part but there is a lack of understanding of (and willingness to learn) how to run a football club and its role within the city and the community.  Many people are starting not to care and eventually most won't and where will the football club be then.

People like Keegan, Robson and SJH recognised this and reached out and embraced the city and supporters and when everyone is on one side, it is a very powerful force.  Unfortunately this lot will not or cannot see this.

Agree with this.  I think very slowly and gradually the club is alienating itself from this city and the supporters.  The longer Ashley hangs around the greater the damage.  I don't think this is intentional on his part but there is a lack of understanding of (and willingness to learn) how to run a football club and its role within the city and the community.  Many people are starting not to care and eventually most won't and where will the football club be then.

People like Keegan, Robson and SJH recognised this and reached out and embraced the city and supporters and when everyone is on one side, it is a very powerful force.  Unfortunately this lot will not or cannot see this.

:sadnod:

Absolutely fucking sickening, He's clearly not going not be happy until every flat surface inside and outside the ground bears his tacky cheap chav shop logo.

The day he sells up and all that shit comes down will be a glorious one.