Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope the Nusc never comes close to buying the club.

no such thing as NUSC anymore but if the NUST did somehow manage to buy the club the couldn't do a worse job than Ashley!

Well it could, as without ashleys money we'd be in administration.  Where are NUST gonna find 20m per season.

No idea,  maybe they will reveal that next week when they launch there bid to buy the club.

no such thing as NUSC anymore but if the NUST did somehow manage to buy the club the couldn't do a worse job than Ashley!

Well it could, as without ashleys money we'd be in administration.  Where are NUST gonna find 20m per season.

No idea,  maybe they will reveal that next week when they launch there bid to buy the club.

Did you see their Financial Expert?  She was a woman who seemed like her main job was working in a school canteen, they won't even have thought of that.  They wont even raise the money, god knows where they got 20m of pledges from.  Probably just asking people in the street.

"Can I ask you if you would like to pledge a sum of money in order to purchase NUFC"

"Yes, I'll pledge 10m pounds."

If, as they claim, they've contacted the great and the good of the world of pensions, finance etc. and they've all said they're interested then they deserve to be heard by the fans.

I'm not nor have I ever claimed to be a financial mastermind so I do not know how plausible this all is but if there is even the smallest chance of it working then i'll throw my weight behind it. The fact that they're not asking people to follow them blindly and we're going to have the chance to speak to independent financial advisors and make our minds up about whether this is for us or not is a good sign.

The fans could do a better job running the club than Ashley, of that I have no doubt.

Does anyone know the NUST grand plan to take over the club/world or is it a big secret until next week?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=26164

The whole plan aims to raise between £200 and £300m, purchase of the club, payment of debts and working capital to get us back up there and running successfully.

theres going to be a number of ways to invest, one of them being by handing over £2,500 of actual money, others include the pension investment (which is the one Im personally going to be using because it doesnt involve pulling any actual cash out but moving pension around).

Obviously many, many of us dont just have a spare £2,500 we can invest in our football club and especially to get a return below what we would in a bank but at the same time, knowing that you are getting a return on your investment in addition to owning a chunk of the club is very tempting.

Its each to their own and the full information will be available for everyone to see and make their own minds up. Theres going to be financial advisors opening up in the City Centre allowing people to walk in and discuss the options and whats best for them. Nobody is expected to just put their hands in their pockets and hand over the cash, its got to be done based on whats best for you.

Theres also nothing stopping groups of people, supporters clubs, workplaces etc, chipping in a hundred quid each and raising £2,500 between them to give that group a voice.

Importantly though, whether you invest £2,500 or £25million you get the same voice, 1 member 1 vote.

We already have £27m before we've launched with some big players still to announce. Im not involved in the planning of this but I would have said that all deposits are just that, deposits, the person making it can change their mind and withdraw and if it doesnt happen then yes, you'd get your money back.

Thats what I would hope to see happen, once the details are announced on Monday then we'll all be able to read the small print before making any decisions.

Dont get me wrong, this could more than easily fail but theres also a lot of backing of it from some major players in the financial markets, pension companies, banks etc who are looking to use it as a vehicle to invest in (same logic though, one member one vote, so we wont suddenly see Prudential or someone saying "we own 51% of the club so fuck you").

Its time to see what happens, back it however we can. For instance as I said there'd be no reason why a hundred of us on here couldnt put in £25 and buy a slice. 50,000 people at £2,500 I agree is "difficult" to see happening, 5,000 @ £25,000 pension slice more than realistic. That in itself would buy the club and pay off the overdraft. Make it 8,000 investors though and you've suddenly got a £75m player fund.

Add the other means of investing, the big names who stick in a million here or two million there and you are looking very capable of getting to £300m.

Oh well, I dont have 2,500 quid...or a pension...or any money for that matter. Guess its not for me then.

Nor do I at the minute but it's still interesting and probably worth getting behind. The fact there is seemingly no risk involved with putting your money in the pot will probably be attractive to those who have the cash and the urge to get involved.

Still think its a load of bollocks, how many people are going to invest their retirement money in a bloody football club, you'll never make it back unless we win the premier league or something.  I certainly wouldn't.  I'd like to own part of the club but with 52000 people voting you're not going to get much of a say anyway and also the general consensus amongst most of our fans is bollocks anyway, they'd probably just appoint Keegan and spend all the money on strikers.

The only reason the club needs subsidising is because of Ashley. Unless the NUST were to run the club as disastrously as he has, we would not need to (allegedly) find £20m per season.

Still think its a load of bollocks, how many people are going to invest their retirement money in a bloody football club, you'll never make it back unless we win the premier league or something.  I certainly wouldn't.  I'd like to own part of the club but with 52000 people voting you're not going to get much of a say anyway and also the general consensus amongst most of our fans is bollocks anyway, they'd probably just appoint Keegan and spend all the money on strikers.

You're such a card. Who'd would've thought of using an inaccurate stereotype Sky have perpetuated against there own fans?

Yeah, because that's exactly how it works at Barcelona.

I do tend to agree however that IMO the majority of supporters would make the wrong decisions about the people to put in charge to run a successful club, and we'd kneejerk our way through chairmen if they weren't unrealistically perfect in every way.

You're such a card. Who'd would've thought of using an inaccurate stereotype Sky have perpetuated against there own fans?

I'm just joking about that bit really, is a bit true though, most of my mates talk absoulte bollocks as does my dad, my dad thinks Nicky Butt should start for the experience for example.  ONly people I hear that talk sense really are on here.

Yeah, because that's exactly how it works at Barcelona.

I do tend to agree however that IMO the majority of supporters would make the wrong decisions about the people to put in charge to run a successful club, and we'd kneejerk our way through chairmen if they weren't unrealistically perfect in every way.

Aye and go through managers like Santa gets through sellotape.

Guest Brazilianbob

As has been said before, the only thing that will get Ashley out of NUFC is cold hard cash.  Anything else is a waste of time, the bloke is a hardened businessman with a skin as thick as a rhino, demonstrations etc only serve to embarrass the populace of tyneside and can indirectly affect the teams performances and results.  I'm all for the NUST buy out.  If it can be achieved I can see it being the start of a football revolution in terms of club ownership. 

I'm just joking about that bit really, is a bit true though, most of my mates talk absoulte bollocks as does my dad, my dad thinks Nicky Butt should start for the experience for example.  ONly people I hear that talk sense really are on here.

:lol: You're taking the piss, aye?

I don't agree with most supporters either. If I had my way i'd have Jonas taken out the back of the training ground and beat with a stick until he learned how to float in a decent cross although i've realised i'm in a minority. I, like you, have also suffered an earbashing at the hands of one of the few Nicky Butt fans still out there (it might've been your Dad. If so tell him he's a cunt). Do these experiences mean I'm against fan ownership? No, because I respect the fact that they, like me, have a vested emotional (and if NUST get their way, financial) interest in the club.

I'd much rather disagree with people who I know have put their time and money into this football club over the years rather than a bloated billionaire with no attachment.

I don't agree with most supporters either. If I had my way i'd have Jonas taken out the back of the training ground and beat with a stick until he learned how to float in a decent cross although i've realised i'm in a minority. I, like you, have also suffered an earbashing at the hands of one of the few Nicky Butt fans still out there (it might've been your Dad. If so tell him he's a c***). Do these experiences mean I'm against fan ownership? No, because I respect the fact that they, like me, have a vested emotional (and if NUST get their way, financial) interest in the club.

I'd much rather disagree with people who I know have put their time and money into this football club over the years rather than a bloated billionaire with no attachment.

Aye, was a slight jest.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have this over Ashley, I just don't think it will work

A) I don't think they'll raise the money.

B) Do any of these people havea  clue about running a 300M investment.

C) We'll make Kneejerk and rash decisions and we'll spend whatever money we raise in the first window.

As has been said before, the only thing that will get Ashley out of NUFC is cold hard cash.  Anything else is a waste of time, the bloke is a hardened businessman with a skin as thick as a rhino, demonstrations etc only serve to embarrass the populace of tyneside and can indirectly affect the teams performances and results.  I'm all for the NUST buy out.  If it can be achieved I can see it being the start of a football revolution in terms of club ownership. 

Personally speaking, I'm embarrassed by the current lack of demonstrations etc.

The assumption always seems to be that any effect protests will have on the players will be a negative one. However quite often the best and most supportive atmospheres are caused by the crowd uniting over having someone or something to hate. When there's an an on-pitch injustice from either the referee or an opposition player, or when we're playing a club we hate, the atmosphere and support is far better than normal even if it's fuelled by negativity. The fact that people are already "up" for chanting and shouting at a pantomime villain means that when it comes to the team attacking it's a far easier transition for the crowd to cheer on the team than it is when everyone's sat silently in their seats muttering about how poor we are.

I bet the support for the team will be much better on Saturday than usual.

I don't agree with most supporters either. If I had my way i'd have Jonas taken out the back of the training ground and beat with a stick until he learned how to float in a decent cross although i've realised i'm in a minority. I, like you, have also suffered an earbashing at the hands of one of the few Nicky Butt fans still out there (it might've been your Dad. If so tell him he's a c***). Do these experiences mean I'm against fan ownership? No, because I respect the fact that they, like me, have a vested emotional (and if NUST get their way, financial) interest in the club.

Aye, was a slight jest.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have this over Ashley, I just don't think it will work

C) We'll make Kneejerk and rash decisions and we'll spend whatever money we raise in the first window.

That's fair enough I suppose. They're all valid reasons to be unsure about any potential fan takeover.

I see it this way - if they don't make enough money then there is no harm done so it's not really something to worry too much about. To combat the last two points I personally would be hoping the fans would elect a President ala Barca. When 'fan ownership' is uttered I think a lot of people assume Paul from Row M suddenly is going to be given the day to day running of the club and that's that. In reality I imagine we'd see a Newcastle fan with the knowledge and personal experience, someone like Barry Moat or Graham Wylie, voted in and given a set term running the club.

Obviously i'm not involved with any of this work so it's all speculation on my part but that's personally how I see it working.

Aye, was a slight jest.

That's fair enough I suppose. They're all valid reasons to be unsure about any potential fan takeover.

I see it this way - if they don't make enough money then there is no harm done so it's not really something to worry too much about. To combat the last two points I personally would be hoping the fans would elect a President ala Barca. When 'fan ownership' is uttered I think a lot of people assume Paul from Row M suddenly is going to be given the day to day running of the club and that's that. In reality I imagine we'd see a Newcastle fan with the knowledge and personal experience, someone like Barry Moat or Graham Wylie, voted in and given a set term running the club.

Obviously i'm not involved with any of this work so it's all speculation on my part but that's personally how I see it working.

From what it sounds like it does infer that members will all have avote on major decisions. I would be happy with this structure if it was basically run like a normal football club where the Chairman basically makes most of the decisions but is answerable to the board.

Personally I don't think it matters whether the Chairman is from Newcastle either in fact I'd prefer if he wasn't, I'd like someone who has already been a chairman or MD before like David Dein (Dreamworld).  I think a freh perspective would help.

Aye, was a slight jest.

From what it sounds like it does infer that members will all have avote on major decisions. I would be happy with this structure if it was basically run like a normal football club where the Chairman basically makes most of the decisions but is answerable to the board.

Personally I don't think it matters whether the Chairman is from Newcastle either in fact I'd prefer if he wasn't, I'd like someone who has already been a chairman or MD before like David Dein (Dreamworld).  I think a freh perspective would help.

I can't see the 'vote on every issue' thing being workable in the real world. It takes too long. Maybe for stuff such as kit supplier, sponsors, pie and pint prices etc. but not for transfers and the like.

I suppose we'll not know the full details until Monday, possibly later.

Aye, was a slight jest.

I can't see the 'vote on every issue' thing being workable in the real world. It takes too long. Maybe for stuff such as kit supplier, sponsors, pie and pint prices etc. but not for transfers and the like.

I suppose we'll not know the full details until Monday, possibly later.

Yeah I know day to day decisions wont be made like that but say manager changes will, I just think itll be kneejerktastic tbh, like I said we'll get through so many managers.

yes i agree,  fans won't/can't be asked to vote on everything.  We will more than likely get votes to elect a board/president/chairman etc and maybe get a say in stuff like earlier mentioned kit suppliers etc.

Does anybody on here have any idea how this type of set up works in barca and german clubs like Schalke who are supporter owned?

yes i agree,  fans won't/can't be asked to vote on everything.  We will more than likely get votes to elect a board/president/chairman etc and maybe get a say in stuff like earlier mentioned kit suppliers etc.

Does anybody on here have any idea how this type of set up works in barca and german clubs like Schalke who are supporter owned?

Think they just vote the president in and him and the board make the decisions.  The electees set out a plan(who they will target, how much they will spend) and are voted in accordingly.

Think they just vote the president in and him and the board make the decisions.  The electees set out a plan(who they will target, how much they will spend) and are voted in accordingly.

Thats what we would have to do to make it work,  fans use their votes to elect board/president for say 1, 2 or 3 yrs terms and the elected board etc are responsible for making the big decisions such as hiring/sacking managers.