Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure what the proposed actions are, but if it involves a sustained verbal attack on the board/owner then that shouldn't affect any of our players at all - probably have the opposite effect if its loud and near enough everyone joined in. Players should/would only be concerned if it was aimed at them.

If it also involves a boycott of games then I like the suggestion put on here of targeting a home cup match. Wouldn't want anything to get in the way of disrupting our promotion bid. Getting out of this league at the first attempt is (to me) just slightly higher a priority than Ashley's ownership.

Everyone attending the match should go outside the ground and sing for the team during the match because they'd still hear us. Then protest before and after as well as boycotting.

Would send a massive message to the board and team tbh.

Guest kissmyballs

Not sure what the proposed actions are, but if it involves a sustained verbal attack on the board/owner then that shouldn't affect any of our players at all - probably have the opposite effect if its loud and near enough everyone joined in. Players should/would only be concerned if it was aimed at them.

If it also involves a boycott of games then I like the suggestion put on here of targeting a home cup match. Wouldn't want anything to get in the way of disrupting our promotion bid. Getting out of this league at the first attempt is (to me) just slightly higher a priority than Ashley's ownership.

100% agree - it's the best thing we can do and think the will is there amongst supporters. Unfortunately unless somebody the supporters trust says “right we’re going to boycott xyz game” everybody will worry about their sacrifice being in vain and a half hearted effort is the best we can hope for. Unfortunately the only group the majority of supporters would trust are opposed to boycotts on the grounds it might be a flop and they’d look silly, whilst at the same time saying ‘hey let’s all chip in £2k and buy the club’.

As much as I understand where sicko2ndbest is coming from, there’s times when leadership is essential.

Guest Brazilianbob

Can I just point out to those who plan to protest tomorrow, currently the logo in the ground is Sports Direct.com Yes?  What the club are doing is actually adding the name @St James Park to this logo, so in effect protestors will be protesting against the addition of St James Park!  I know I am being pedantic but the national newspapers are bound to pick up on this and they will have a field day.  Just give it some thought people before you embarrass yourselves and the rest of tyneside ok!

Guest kissmyballs

Everyone attending the match should go outside the ground and sing for the team during the match because they'd still hear us. Then protest before and after as well as boycotting.

Would send a massive message to the board and team tbh.

That’s a good idea as well, but again without some form of leadership it won’t happen. There are lots of good ideas knocking around. Hell, we could have turned up with 40,000 white hankies tomorrow like they do in Spain. It wouldn’t have convinced the owner to back down over the name of the ground, but it would have at least provided a clear demonstration of our feelings on the matter.

Can I just point out to those who plan to protest tomorrow, currently the logo in the ground is Sports Direct.com Yes?  What the club are doing is actually adding the name @St James Park to this logo, so in effect protestors will be protesting against the addition of St James Park!  I know I am being pedantic but the national newspapers are bound to pick up on this and they will have a field day.  Just give it some thought people before you embarrass yourselves and the rest of tyneside ok!

Ashley has already managed to embarrass Tyneside enough, dont think it will get much worse than this.

Guest kissmyballs

No they're not. This time last week NUFC played their home games at St James’ Park, tomorrow our team will be running out at sportsdirect.com@stjamespark. The only embarrassing thing will be if we publically let Ashley walk all over 100 years of tradition. The media are looking for us to protest, some of them have almost been demanding we do.

Personally I don’t care about the media, but if you’re worried about what they think you should get yourself along the Millburn stand post match. Otherwise it’ll be “Geordie nation gives up without a fight, do they really care about their club as much as they say” type stuff.

Four small problems.

1) NUST might not raise enough money. Its hardly a nailed on certainty is it?

2) Even if they did raise enough money whats to say Ashley wouldnt tell them to f*** off

3) If we get promoted the asking price will probably double.

4) If NUSTs big idea does goes tits up, what then?

If NUST had formally announced their plans before this weekends game we could make an informed judgement on whether or not it did represent a better option than protesting. Unfortunately theyre waiting until next week to provide us with any details, which has only served to add to the confusion Ashley uses to avoid the flack he deserves. By the time weve worked out whats going on its always too late. Resolve has turned to despair, determination into a feeling of helplessness.  NUST are playing right into Ashleys hands.

I dont see why we cant open a savings account and protest (putting all your eggs in one basket is rarely a good idea) but Im not here to try and persuade those who want to turn up at sportsdirect.com@stjamspark tomorrow as if nothing had happened theyve got it wrong. If they want to do nowt thats up to them. All I would say is this, if you are angry and feel we should protest, then stay angry and protest. Follow your heart; dont let some as yet unannounced plan from NUST and a fence sitting online article sway you from doing what you believe to be right.

IN fairness to NUST the launch of there campaign and the announcement coming next week has been worked on and planned for weeks, its been a work in progress,  as far as i understand the announcement that they will make next week was going to happen before Ashley announced the stadium idea.  i may be wrong but don't think they could bring it forward.

Guest kissmyballs

Four small problems.

1) NUST might not raise enough money. It’s hardly a nailed on certainty is it?

2) Even if they did raise enough money what’s to say Ashley wouldn’t tell them to f*** off

3) If we get promoted the asking price will probably double.

4) If NUST’s big idea does goes tits up, what then?

If NUST had formally announced their plans before this weekend’s game we could make an informed judgement on whether or not it did represent a better option than protesting. Unfortunately they’re waiting until next week to provide us with any details, which has only served to add to the confusion Ashley uses to avoid the flack he deserves. By the time we’ve worked out what’s going on it’s always too late. Resolve has turned to despair, determination into a feeling of helplessness.  NUST are playing right into Ashley’s hands.

I don’t see why we can’t open a savings account and protest (putting all your eggs in one basket is rarely a good idea) but I’m not here to try and persuade those who want to turn up at sportsdirect.com@stjamspark tomorrow as if nothing had happened they’ve got it wrong. If they want to do nowt that’s up to them. All I would say is this, if you are angry and feel we should protest, then stay angry and protest. Follow your heart; don’t let some as yet unannounced plan from NUST and a fence sitting online article sway you from doing what you believe to be right.

IN fairness to NUST the launch of there campaign and the announcement coming next week has been worked on and planned for weeks, its been a work in progress,  as far as i understand the announcement that they will make next week was going to happen before Ashley announced the stadium idea.   i may be wrong but don't think they could bring it forward.

That’s fair comment, all I’m saying is we can’t rely on NUST’s campaign to buy the club to save us from the claws of Mr Ashley. It might be the best idea ever, or it might be complete lunacy. Until we know more it’s probably better to ignore it and do what we can do.

When i was on the front page, at the side (in the bit where it shows the first few words of the last thread and who posted the comment) it said

Thread:    Are you really going to....

By:                    kissmyballs 

It was classic to say the least.  ;D 

I hope there are no protests during the game. Give the team support during the 90 minutes. (As promotion is still the most important thing for this season)

I think the time to protest is after the game, a mass protest inside the ground, As when Sky and BBC are doing the summaries of the game  with protest going on at the same time that would gain more publicity than protests though the game

Guest sicko2ndbest

What a fantastic day today could be, a day to show that fat cunt exactly what we think of him and his regime

Haway the lads

Aye fat cockney rapist. Was a few hundred in the LC who stayed back after the match chanting. Was protests after that under the Milburn, Steve Harper walked out the reception and clapped the fans who were there.

we hung back in the Leazes middle while everyone filed out.

Was funny as fuck watching the 'fat cockney rapist' banner unfold.  Then some chants, then the stewards leg it to try and nick it, resulting in a mass tug of war.  Did you escape with it in the end?

70 minutes - the stand up for St. James' Park was decent.  At least 70% of the ground did.