Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I only come back to Newcastle every 2-3 months when I can afford it and I'm up this weekend.  I'm going to the match with a couple of my mates, one in particular will definitely not be keen on the protesting lark at all.  I'm looking forward to catching up with my mates and that so I reckon I might meet everyone between 12 and 1, then pop along to St James at about 2.15 and see what the craic is. I'm all for stand-up protests, "Sports Direct is f***ing s***" chants and the like, and will probably loiter around outside for a bit afterwards.  I don't plan on bringing any weapons or anything.

Stay behind afterwards.

Providing I know of the various protests and I agree with how they plan to take action I will be protesting. It's gone too far now for me - far too far.

Can someone supply a list of supposed porotests please?

My idiot logic? Try again when you can spell, construct a sentence, understand grammar, or finally figure out what the EU is.

Got to love how when people can't come up with an argument they bring spelling and grammar into the argument. Always makes me laugh.

Providing I know of the various protests and I agree with how they plan to take action I will be protesting. It's gone too far now for me - far too far.

Can someone supply a list of supposed porotests please?

Only one I've heard mentioned was stopping behind after but that was only by the Ultras and I've not a seen a mention of anything else so I wouldn't expect much other than the odd song about fat cockney bastards leaving the club.

Staying behind is a mint idea, but it would require a certain amount of people to make it successful. 20,000 fans remanining stood in St James' for an hour or two would be immense.

Stay standing for the first 20minutes (like the save our seats campaign)

Protests outside the Milburn reception before the game from 1pm & after the game till 6pm.

I can sort of understand people saying "dont have negativity/anomosity in the air before the game, it cant help the atmosphere in the ground", if thats the case, just make sure your there after the game.

Suppose it's the cultural difference but for the life of me I can't understand the passive mentality of the majority of the fans. I don't mean to criticize people, cause I'm far away from things and I don't pay for season tickets etc but still.. I believe 100% that protests are needed and were needed ever since the Keegan debacle. It's only natural to react when somebody screws you over something that you care about deeply.

There's just too much discipline in UK.. If this was Italy, France or even fucking Bulgaria, Ashley would've been driven away a long time ago..

Staying behind is a mint idea, but it would require a certain amount of people to make it successful. 20,000 fans remanining stood in St James' for an hour or two would be immense.

Stay standing for the first 20minutes (like the save our seats campaign)

Protests outside the Milburn reception before the game from 1pm & after the game till 6pm.

I can sort of understand people saying "dont have negativity/anomosity in the air before the game, it cant help the atmosphere in the ground", if thats the case, just make sure your there after the game.

Yeah but none of that has been advertised anywhere so nothing will happen.

Guest icemanblue

My idiot logic? Try again when you can spell, construct a sentence, understand grammar, or finally figure out what the EU is.

Got to love how when people can't come up with an argument they bring spelling and grammar into the argument. Always makes me laugh.

:lol:

Who asked you, like?

Who asked you, like?

:D

Guest Heneage

So what happens when we're midtable and the rest of our decent players bugger off because they hate performing in such a hostile atmosphere?

Oh the poor wee lambs eh? Are they men or are the mice? They all know that the bad feeling is not towards them, it shouldn't affect them.

So you reckon crossing the 'picket line' when they arrive on a Saturday lunchtime or performing to an empty stadium or having to play through round choruses o boos and anger and anti-Ashley chants will make them win every game?

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, f***ing up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

What a pile of s****.

Is what I tend to think reading most of your posts.

Johnny is right, why should we be causing more trouble. He won't change the name back, we haven't lost St James Park, it's kist edited slightly. The players clearly have been bothered by off field problems and they've stated as much in interviews about wanting clarity of manager and situation. By having a protest you achieve nothing more than disharmony. There's a time and a place to voice concerns and it's not now.

So, when and where is this time and place?

I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult for you to protest from behind your monitor anyway.

I've been at most of the home games this season you cretin. :lol:

And I'm going Saturday, in fact, my seats will be closer so am da betta fan :crazy2:

I'm learning I can't reason with your idiot logic.

Blefescu; The time and place would be at the end of the season when we know where we stand be it promotion or not. We are doing well in the league with a small squad. So why rock the boat with protests?

Uh huh, sure you have.

Oh, and I think those of us with a mind and sense of identity have got plenty of reasons to 'rock the boat'.

Oh Dear, clutching at straws yet again. Can't think of a real argument so attempts to belittle me, and fails, again.

Why don't you stick to wearing your horrendous barber jacket, do you have matching Jack Wills jogging bottoms?

As Toontastic so rightly identified, your inability to construct a good argument, is only highlighted by daft comments that have no relation to what we are discussing.

So what happens when we're midtable and the rest of our decent players bugger off because they hate performing in such a hostile atmosphere?

Oh the poor wee lambs eh? Are they men or are the mice? They all know that the bad feeling is not towards them, it shouldn't affect them.

So you reckon crossing the 'picket line' when they arrive on a Saturday lunchtime or performing to an empty stadium or having to play through round choruses o boos and anger and anti-Ashley chants will make them win every game?

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, f***ing up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

What a pile of s****.

Johnny is right, why should we be causing more trouble. He won't change the name back, we haven't lost St James Park, it's kist edited slightly. The players clearly have been bothered by off field problems and they've stated as much in interviews about wanting clarity of manager and situation. By having a protest you achieve nothing more than disharmony. There's a time and a place to voice concerns and it's not now.

I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult for you to protest from behind your monitor anyway.

And I'm going Saturday, in fact, my seats will be closer so am da betta fan :crazy2:

Blefescu; The time and place would be at the end of the season when we know where we stand be it promotion or not. We are doing well in the league with a small squad. So why rock the boat with protests?

Uh huh, sure you have.

Oh, and I think those of us with a mind and sense of identity have got plenty of reasons to 'rock the boat'.

Oh Dear, clutching at straws yet again. Can't think of a real argument so attempts to belittle me, and fails, again.

Why don't you stick to wearing your horrendous barber jacket, do you have matching Jack Wills jogging bottoms?

As Toontastic so rightly identified, your inability to construct a good argument, is only highlighted by daft comments that have no relation to what we are discussing.

Tbf Kezman, you were doing a good job of occupying the higher ground by ridiculing him for bringing up your spelling and grammar.  Then you started slagging off his dress sense!  :lol:

I'm all for protesting which I have been advocating for a long time but I'm not too sure what staying behind would achieve or even protests before the match? At the end of the day the only thing that will force Ashley/make him take notice is if people stopped going to the match. He doesn't care what the fans think which has been proved many times!

What a pile of s****.

Uh huh, sure you have.

Tbf Kezman, you were doing a good job of occupying the higher ground by ridiculing him for bringing up your spelling and grammar.  Then you started slagging off his dress sense!  :lol:

Same old stuff in this thread.

One set of people making generic sentimental statements, about when will "enough be enough". "How much will you take." That True faith Article was the same embarassing waffling. A lot of fighting spirit with no logical backing in any form as to why this spirited fighting they were pushing so hard was actually a good idea in any form. Beyond satisfying their own need for moaning about something they probably cannot effect ofcourse. Calling people that dont want to do anything "lazy" is just laughable to me.

Then one set of people, actually thinking through how much we can affect this situation in any meaningful manner & if the few ways that PERHAPS we could would be beneficial to us in the long run. Protesting/boycotting a cup game is clearly an improved idea, as its unlikely to have a negative effect on our season.

Outside of that. Can someone who thinks its unimportant if we mess up this season please explain in what way we would be in a better position if we didnt go up this year, with a new owner, new players & a new manager. In comparison to this crap owner, with better players & a dodgy manager.

I feel that it is arrogant/stupid to say the very f***ing least, to think that with a new owner & manager we will be able to shoot back up out of this league as if nothing happened. Because then OFCOURSE everything would go perfectly. Because the big bad wolf is gone, then we'd get the best owner willing to lavish money. The manager would be a god in the transfer Market & it will all be easy as piss, because we're Newcastle United. A big prem team. Players couldnt possibly underperform & we definately definately wouldnt put them under pressure if they did. Course not, its All Ashley. Once hes gone, we'll be in the champs league again easy peasy.

Grow up man, this is stupid moronic fairytale nonsense.

Same old stuff in this thread.

One set of people making generic sentimental statements, about when will "enough be enough". "How much will you take." That True faith Article was the same embarassing waffling. A lot of fighting spirit with no logical backing in any form as to why this spirited fighting they were pushing so hard was actually a good idea in any form. Beyond satisfying their own need for moaning about something they probably cannot effect ofcourse. Calling people that dont want to do anything "lazy" is just laughable to me.

Then one set of people, actually thinking through how much we can affect this situation in any meaningful manner & if the few ways that PERHAPS we could would be beneficial to us in the long run. Protesting/boycotting a cup game is clearly an improved idea, as its unlikely to have a negative effect on our season.

Outside of that. Can someone who thinks its unimportant if we mess up this season please explain in what way we would be in a better position if we didnt go up this year, with a new owner, new players & a new manager. In comparison to this crap owner, with better players & a dodgy manager.

I feel that it is arrogant/stupid to say the very f***ing least, to think that with a new owner & manager we will be able to shoot back up out of this league as if nothing happened. Because then OFCOURSE everything would go perfectly. Because the big bad wolf is gone, then we'd get the best owner willing to lavish money. The manager would be a god in the transfer Market & it will all be easy as piss, because we're Newcastle United. A big prem team. Players couldnt possibly underperform & we definately definately wouldnt put them under pressure if they did. Course not, its All Ashley. Once hes gone, we'll be in the champs league again easy peasy.

Grow up man, this is stupid moronic fairytale nonsense.

It's the bigger picture, not just this season.  We would be better in the long run with an owner who is competent.

I'll be honest. I'll be having a good swally in the pub, in the match for 2.50pm, a bit of shout and bawl, bit of a moan and then back to the pub for post match analysis.

If people are gonna protest, keep it out of the ground and get behind the lads for the 90 minutes.

Guest JamesyJazz

Would a red card display by the crowd just before kickoff convey the sentiments of the fans towards Ashley in a silent but eyecatching way?

Just a thought.

If the blokes had supposed threats of violence against him and his family, I'm sure he wont mind some people brandishing small pieces of red card in his general direction.

Come on man, get a grip.