Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest icemanblue

So what happens when we're midtable and the rest of our decent players bugger off because they hate performing in such a hostile atmosphere?

Oh the poor wee lambs eh? Are they men or are the mice? They all know that the bad feeling is not towards them, it shouldn't affect them.

So you reckon crossing the 'picket line' when they arrive on a Saturday lunchtime or performing to an empty stadium or having to play through round choruses o boos and anger and anti-Ashley chants will make them win every game?

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, f***ing up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

What a pile of s****.

Is what I tend to think reading most of your posts.

Johnny is right, why should we be causing more trouble. He won't change the name back, we haven't lost St James Park, it's kist edited slightly. The players clearly have been bothered by off field problems and they've stated as much in interviews about wanting clarity of manager and situation. By having a protest you achieve nothing more than disharmony. There's a time and a place to voice concerns and it's not now.

So, when and where is this time and place?

I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult for you to protest from behind your monitor anyway.

Guest toonlass

So what happens when we're midtable and the rest of our decent players bugger off because they hate performing in such a hostile atmosphere?

Oh the poor wee lambs eh? Are they men or are the mice? They all know that the bad feeling is not towards them, it shouldn't affect them.

So you reckon crossing the 'picket line' when they arrive on a Saturday lunchtime or performing to an empty stadium or having to play through round choruses o boos and anger and anti-Ashley chants will make them win every game?

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, f***ing up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

What a pile of s****.

Johnny is right, why should we be causing more trouble. He won't change the name back, we haven't lost St James Park, it's kist edited slightly. The players clearly have been bothered by off field problems and they've stated as much in interviews about wanting clarity of manager and situation. By having a protest you achieve nothing more than disharmony. There's a time and a place to voice concerns and it's not now.

Do you want to explain when the time and place is then?

tempted to go on Sat like.  Take a nice pew in the Leazes with a good view of the directors box.  Don't think I'd end up doing much more than grumbling about Nicky Butt should he play, but I do believe this is the game where a pissed-up fan or two attempts to get into the posh seats, or decides to throw something and I want to see it.

However if porkpie doesn't go on Saturday, he's just a fucking coward as well as a lying cunt.

Can we ban people who don't actually go to the matches from having an opinion or a vote in this poll? The result would then be much more representative of the feeling of match going fans.

I didn't vote as unfortunately won't be able to make it up. Wish I could be there though, I reckon it'll be quite an atmosphere around town on Saturday.

Do you think the attendance will be up because of this?

Well I know 2 people who are going that don't usually and only one regular who isn't going. So based on the assumption that the world revolves around me - yes.

Do you think the attendance will be up because of this?

Well I know 2 people who are going that don't usually and only one regular who isn't going. So based on the assumption that the world revolves around me - yes.

I agree. People will go to make their voices heard.

Guest Roger Kint

So to get rid of Ashley we are going to give him more money under the idea that he will care about what is sung at him and force him to sell?

I'm in two minds about this. While Ashley deserves all the shit thrown at him and we need to do something, the players haven't done anything to warrant an ugly atmosphere and I doubt it will help performance on the pitch. If we were mid-table it would be a much easier choice to kick up a stink.

So to get rid of Ashley we are going to give him more money under the idea that he will care about what is sung at him and force him to sell?

if you mean give him money as in buying tickets, then unfortunately yes, because you go to support the team.  You'll never stop people doing that, as has been said many a time before.

If you mean giving him money buy buying pies, drinks etc, then from a personal point I won't be giving him money, no.  The pints in the ground taste horrible anyway.

You'll never stop people going, but it would be quite an impressive visual protest if you could somehow persuade 90% of the fans not to take to their seats until 5 mins after kick off. Would probably be an absolute nightmare mind and see a lot of people missing a lot of the game.

Guest Roger Kint

if you mean give him money as in buying tickets, then unfortunately yes, because you go to support the team.  You'll never stop people doing that, as has been said many a time before.

If you mean giving him money buy buying pies, drinks etc, then from a personal point I won't be giving him money, no.  The pints in the ground taste horrible anyway.

I meant in terms of people going just to protest. You will never stop the majority of matchday fans going as shown by our attendances.

Of course i didnt mean in terms of pies/pints......although it makes me sick how many still pay for it inside the ground

i've said it before but the stay away boycott/protest should happen if we get a 3rd round FA cup tie,  even if its against Man U or the mackems! 

That is the game to boycott,  season ticket holders haven't paid up front(well some have) for that game so that will cause the biggest impact.

Guest Roger Kint

i've said it before but the stay away boycott/protest should happen if we get a 3rd round FA cup tie,  even if its against Man U or the mackems! 

That is the game to boycott,  season ticket holders haven't paid up front(well some have) for that game so that will cause the biggest impact.

Totally agree with that.

Saturday should be protest before/after while getting behind the team for 90 minutes, thats not refraining from shouting during the game for many in the ground.

If people are serious about making Ashley take notice then a way of actually reducing what is bought inside the ground would go a lot of the way rather than an online pissing contest between fans over who has the best way of supporting. People need to learn not to buy a pint at half time otherwise its a case of sticks and stiones i am afraid.

Guest toonlass

Agreed

even i agree with that.

Spot on. :thup:

Does anyone think it would ever reach a point where a lot of fans give up and someone starts a new club in the same way that Man Utd fans did?

The only 3 ways I see this nightmare ending are:

1) Enough moderately rich locals cobble the money together to finally buy ashley out

2) Mike Ashley dies/is scared off by violent hooligans of some description

3) We all give up and go and start a fresh

Standing outside the Milburn reception going "booooo" probably won't do the trick unfortunately.

Guest Heneage

What a pile of s****.

I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult for you to protest from behind your monitor anyway.

I've been at most of the home games this season you cretin. :lol:

And I'm going Saturday, in fact, my seats will be closer so am da betta fan :crazy2:

I'm learning I can't reason with your idiot logic.

Blefescu; The time and place would be at the end of the season when we know where we stand be it promotion or not. We are doing well in the league with a small squad. So why rock the boat with protests?

Guest icemanblue

What a pile of s****.

And I'm going Saturday, in fact, my seats will be closer so am da betta fan :crazy2:

Blefescu; The time and place would be at the end of the season when we know where we stand be it promotion or not. We are doing well in the league with a small squad. So why rock the boat with protests?

Uh huh, sure you have.

My idiot logic? Try again when you can spell, construct a sentence, understand grammar, or finally figure out what the EU is.

Oh, and I think those of us with a mind and sense of identity have got plenty of reasons to 'rock the boat'.

Guest toonlass

What a pile of s****.

The end of the season?  :mackems:

I only come back to Newcastle every 2-3 months when I can afford it and I'm up this weekend.  I'm going to the match with a couple of my mates, one in particular will definitely not be keen on the protesting lark at all.  I'm looking forward to catching up with my mates and that so I reckon I might meet everyone between 12 and 1, then pop along to St James at about 2.15 and see what the craic is. I'm all for stand-up protests, "Sports Direct is fucking shit" chants and the like, and will probably loiter around outside for a bit afterwards.  I don't plan on bringing any weapons or anything.