N-O_____ buying a share in NUST's proposals?

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I PMed Dave about it earlier as I didn't really want it to appear as a bit of a 'cock-off' with regards to how much each of us would put in, but as it seems you're all discussing various shares at various amount I'll lump myself in anywhere up to £500. Don't mind if that's just smushed in with everyone elses or whether it's easier to give less. I don't particularly care too much on the 'having a say' side of things (within reason) i just want my fucking club back.

I PMed Dave about it earlier as I didn't really want it to appear as a bit of a 'cock-off' with regards to how much each of us would put in, but as it seems you're all discussing various shares at various amount I'll lump myself in anywhere up to £500. Don't mind if that's just smushed in with everyone elses or whether it's easier to give less. I don't particularly care too much on the 'having a say' side of things (within reason) i just want my f***ing club back.

:clap:

I PMed Dave about it earlier as I didn't really want it to appear as a bit of a 'cock-off' with regards to how much each of us would put in, but as it seems you're all discussing various shares at various amount I'll lump myself in anywhere up to £500. Don't mind if that's just smushed in with everyone elses or whether it's easier to give less. I don't particularly care too much on the 'having a say' side of things (within reason) i just want my fucking club back.

top post.

lets just get the forum owning as many shares as possible.

I PMed Dave about it earlier as I didn't really want it to appear as a bit of a 'cock-off' with regards to how much each of us would put in, but as it seems you're all discussing various shares at various amount I'll lump myself in anywhere up to £500. Don't mind if that's just smushed in with everyone elses or whether it's easier to give less. I don't particularly care too much on the 'having a say' side of things (within reason) i just want my f***ing club back.

And that is proof if any was needed that some people will put in more because they can, even though it gets them the same say as someone whos put in less.

Toontastic are talking about didvidends to charity, which is good. but i say charity begins at home. Dividends could go to the running costs of this forum,.

Dividends could go back into the club for me

And it's not really dividends is it, it's the 2% interest that your earning from your investment.

Toontastic are talking about didvidends to charity, which is good. but i say charity begins at home. Dividends could go to the running costs of this forum,.

Dividends could go back into the club for me

And it's not really dividends is it, it's the 2% interest that your earning from your investment.

Thats right and I dont think anyone should be imagining riches coming from that 2%, each investment will basically be worth £30 each year. By the time you share that among 30,40, 50 members its peanuts. Im not even 100% sure that it will be actually paid out each year rather than increasing the persons investment by that amount so when they decide to withdraw it in ten years they get £1800 back and not £1500 (thats an example assuming a 2% per year after the initial 2 that are guaranteed). That would be the ideal scenario for the club, the returns stay there gaining interest in its bank account rather than giving people a little beer money once a year and incurring the admin costs on top. I'll get that bit clarified though to be sure.

how about aiming for 3 x £1500 shares

15   x  £100

30   x  £50

75   x  £20

you could then buy into 1 of the 3 depending on what you could afford, and have a sub-forum for each.

like it, we need the admin to agree, as they will be organising the purchase, demarcation of voting etc.

how about aiming for 3 x £1500 shares

15   x  £100

30   x  £50

75   x  £20

you could then buy into 1 of the 3 depending on what you could afford, and have a sub-forum for each.

like it, we need the admin to agree, as they will be organising the purchase, demarcation of voting etc.

you'd also only have access to that specific sub-forum that is attached to your purchase... of course.

provided theres enough interest it should work.

and once you've sold those, then another share could be bought, to be split amoungst the forum.

27 people have voted 'no'.

C'mon speak up - why not? I would be interested to hear your views.

If I do it I'll go alone.

No offence lads but it sounds complicated enough, without having 20 or 150 different stakeholders and opinions covering just one share.

You'll need a commitee and president for each share judging by the diverse opinions on here.

Could have different shares for different factions. The we-want-Keegan-back syndicate, the we-don't-want-Keegan-back syndicate etc

No offence lads but it sounds complicated enough, without having 20 or 150 different stakeholders and opinions covering just one share.

You'll need a commitee and president for each share judging by the diverse opinions on here.

Could have different shares for different factions. The we-want-Keegan-back syndicate, the we-don't-want-Keegan-back syndicate etc

ridiculous, we've already stated earlier in the thread, the Poll facility of the forum is a ready made device to reach a consensus on issues.

ridiculous, we've already stated earlier in the thread, the Poll facility of the forum is a ready made device to reach a consensus on issues.

It certainly would not reach a consensus. A poll would just mean that a majority vote would prevail.

mate the world is full of people who say no to everything without a reason, rather than DO something positive, they will denigrate the actions of proactive  people,