N-O_____ buying a share in NUST's proposals?

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

right, so how exactly do we intend to do this? i mean surely if you buy a share, it has to go in someones name. whos name does it go in? surely we cant buy a share in the name of "newcastle-online.org". How many people would be willing to commit if for example this share was in the name of Chris Barnes? For what its worth, Id be willing to put at least a tenner in if people can come up with a viable suggestion but I am a bit sceptical.

right, so how exactly do we intend to do this? i mean surely if you buy a share, it has to go in someones name. whos name does it go in? surely we cant buy a share in the name of "newcastle-online.org". How many people would be willing to commit if for example this share was in the name of Chris Barnes? For what its worth, Id be willing to put at least a tenner in if people can come up with a viable suggestion but I am a bit sceptical.

You don't warrant any kind of ans if you're only risking a tenner. Raid the piggybank fella.

You don't warrant any kind of ans if you're only risking a tenner. Raid the piggybank fella.

Eh!  The question still applies - would you have to register it under a name, or under the name N-O?  He was using himself as an example.

Well Im only a student. In principle I would very much like to own part of the club I support, just havent thought about how much I would like to put in yet. Would definately commit to a tenner if thats the minimum, but if this is a serious bid it would need a bit of structure.

Eh!  The question still applies - would you have to register it under a name, or under the name N-O?  He was using himself as an example.

I think Kaiser Soze has been designated as the name.

Are you planning to raid the piggybank, Parky?

We don't know the answer to this yet, NUST havn't asked for any money.

If someone is willing to do it I would recommend setting up a trust with a couple of trustees with all people contributing to the shares down as beneficiaries. It might cost a small amount of the money to set up said trust but it would be a good long term vehicle to use and only needs to be done once we know a takeover is looking likely to go ahead.

Guest Roger Kint

I think Kaiser Soze has been designated as the name.

Cheers O0

Guest barnabox

If someone is willing to do it I would recommend setting up a trust with a couple of trustees with all people contributing to the shares down as beneficiaries. It might cost a small amount of the money to set up said trust but it would be a good long term vehicle to use and only needs to be done once we know a takeover is looking likely to go ahead.

I'm in, but we'll need to think very seriously about the legal issues involved.  I think it may have to be ruled that no individual can have more than 'one' vote in total; even if that 'one' is made up of 3 x 1/20th vote + 2 x 1/50th vote etc etc.  This would mean that if you invested separately you wouldn't be able to be part of a group investment.  Otherwise what's to stop Freddy Shepherd (or anyone else) from creating 100s of legal entities, each of which buys one share?  I also think that a trust (or other legal entity) will need to be set up for each share that is purchased.

I need more information before I make my mind up about all this. If I do go for it, it would be with more than a tenner but probably less than £1500, so I guess I'd be looking to chip in with family and old friends to make up a share, but I need convincing that the plan is realistic. A tenner per supporter is not going to get there.

Wouldn't mind giving a tenner to this orphanage in Ghana that Caulkin mentioned, though. Anyone know any contact/donation details of that?

I need more information before I make my mind up about all this. If I do go for it, it would be with more than a tenner but probably less than £1500, so I guess I'd be looking to chip in with family and old friends to make up a share, but I need convincing that the plan is realistic. A tenner per supporter is not going to get there.

Wouldn't mind giving a tenner to this orphanage in Ghana that Caulkin mentioned, though. Anyone know any contact/donation details of that?

Would like to know myself.

:thup:

Are you planning to raid the piggybank, Parky?

I am ready and waiting for the call. This is a war that must be won and it will send out a signal to all other besieged clubs....The people are on the march.

Would like to know myself.

:thup:

try to contact NUST direct as they sent off the old strips to the orphanage which in return had the orphanage making the donation back.