Should Celtic & Rangers be allowed to join the Premiership?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If they went down South we should go up North and win something. The travel we'd have would be far shorter and all those great places like Bolton, Wigan, Stoke, Hull and Portsmouth can be left to play with the 'elite'.

Practically though if that did happen then the real big clubs in England would just say that they wanted to play in Spain. Scotland has no football affinity to England, which has been argued long and hard for years by the Scots who don't want a UK national side. You either integrate completely and that means Hearts, Hibs etc all joining a league structure or stay in your own country.

Guest Roger Kint

I voted no, but the ignorance and hostility in this thread show that England has its own bigots and so cannot really complain about others.

How dare we want to feel safe going to a match eh? ;D

Guest toonlass

I voted no, but the ignorance and hostility in this thread show that England has its own bigots and so cannot really complain about others.

Ignorance? It's an ENGLISH league. Should we let Real Madrid into the Premiership too?

What happens if Cardiff come up this season? Then it's an English and WELSH league.  :razz:

Anyway, I was talking about the childish name calling of Scottish people and the assumption that all Rangers and Celtic fans are bigots. Some are, but some are not.

No way

The Premier League is the worst thing that has ever happened to English football. A Premier League 2 would compound the situation, cut off and cripple the rest of the football league clubs. It would be become even more sterile, predictable and uncompetitive.

Sadly its all about money so it will probably happen eventually     

It will become like American sports. Premier League North and Scotland (basically us the mackems, Rangers, Celtic), Premier League South (i.e. London), Premier League West (Cheating Scousers, their smaller brothers, Man City, Bolton), East (Leeds, Forest).

By that point Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal will be in a Euro Super League.

Give me divisions 1 -4 anyday

Ignorance? It's an ENGLISH league. Should we let Real Madrid into the Premiership too?

What happens if Cardiff come up this season? Then it's an English and WELSH league.  :razz:

Anyway, I was talking about the childish name calling of Scottish people and the assumption that all Rangers and Celtic fans are bigots. Some are, but some are not.

i'd say theres a higher percentage of bigots at either of those clubs than ANY english club.

I voted no.

But I think they should seriously entertain the idea of a nordic league recently aired, where the strongest teams from Netherland, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Finland play in their own league.

Then they will be able to improve the general standard of football in the highest tier due to a larger pool of competition.

Guest toonlass

i'd say theres a higher percentage of bigots at either of those clubs than ANY english club.

Have you held an exit poll like?

I voted no.

But I think they should seriously entertain the idea of a nordic league recently aired, where the strongest teams from Netherland, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Finland play in their own league.

Then they will be able to improve the general standard of football in the highest tier due to a larger pool of competition.

to the detriment of the rest of the domestic leagues in those countries.

Guest toonlass

Anyway, the Premier League is no better than the SPL these days. They talk of the big four but in reality there are only two teams capable of winning the Premier League these days.

Guest toonlass

How dare we want to feel safe going to a match eh? ;D

You've never been to a derby game then?  :pow:

Anyway, the Premier League is no better than the SPL these days. They talk of the big four but in reality there are only two teams capable of winning the Premier League these days.

The games are a lot better though. Watching Scottish football is like watching women play, including the "big two".

???

Liverpool finished something like 3 points behind Man Utd at the end of last season. Chelsea are currently top with Arsenal second.

Could you point out which 2 of the 4 you're referring to?

I voted no.

to the detriment of the rest of the domestic leagues in those countries.

That is the trade off one has to pay. And it is something I am willing to pay, of course I am only speaking on behalf of me.

I am not a fan of all these small-country-mentality. Due to the inherent small size, small countries have to be extraordinary to be successful. Otherwise the best way forward, the best way to improve general standard is to enlarge the football pool by joining a few countries.

Guest toonlass

???

Liverpool finished something like 3 points behind Man Utd at the end of last season. Chelsea are currently top with Arsenal second.

Which two teams have won the Premiership for the last I don't know how long. Even if you include the big 4 then, the Premier League is twice the size of the SPL so instead of having two big teams you have 4. There is no real difference.

???

Which two teams have won the Premiership for the last I don't know how long. Even if you include the big 4 then, the Premier League is twice the size of the SPL so instead of having two big teams you have 4. There is no real difference.

I agree, I just didn't agree with this 'only 2 realistic teams' thing. I'm one of the few that is pro Celtic/Rangers. TBH I'm just pro-change as far as the Premier League goes. It is stagnant, and us Brits are far far far far far too averse to change.

People can blab on all they want about the quality of football in the Premier League vs other leagues, but ultimately our current league system allows for some really really ugly and poor teams to survive in the top flight.

???

I agree, I just didn't agree with this 'only 2 realistic teams' thing. I'm one of the few that is pro Celtic/Rangers. TBH I'm just pro-change as far as the Premier League goes. It is stagnant, and us Brits are far far far far far too averse to change.

People can blab on all they want about the quality of football in the Premier League vs other leagues, but ultimately our current league system allows for some really really ugly and poor teams to survive in the top flight.

I agree with that statement.

???

I agree with that statement.

As much total wank as there is in the Premiership, each one of those 20 teams are there on merit. By whatever means, be it a financial boost (in many cases) or true footballing grit and sustainability - they're there on merit. There's some right ugly games and some crap teams/players, but they're there by the genuine laws of true football.

Cliques and bias envelope everything that's wrong with the English game today... promoting outside clubs like Celtic and Rangers (who have absolutely no right to be here) will only accellerate what's rapidly becoming a rotten descent.

???

:lol:

When was the last time Rangers or Celtic didn't win the league? Fuck it, when was the last time they weren't the top two? When Fergie was around in the 80s?

burnip in terms of averse to change, which domestic leagues in world football have drastically changed and improved in the last 10-20 years? Supporting tradition isn't necessarily the same as being averse to change.

I can't think of any system that wouldn't allow crap teams (to watch) to survive in the top flight. Yorkie's spot on, you can't just change the rules because it isn't as easy on the eye.

???

:lol:

When was the last time Rangers or Celtic didn't win the league? f*** it, when was the last time they weren't the top two? When Fergie was around in the 80s?

05-06, Hearts came second. They probably would have won it if their owner hadn't gone batshit insane. Otherwise, I agree with your points.