Should Celtic & Rangers be allowed to join the Premiership?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The TV deals are also split in favour of the Old Firm. Not sure what the new one is like, but in the past the Old Firm used to get something like 60% of TV money. The other 10 clubs got a share of the rest.

At the start of last season the Old Firm decided they would start charging the other clubs for the sale of away tickets. So for example, when Hearts sent Rangers their allocation for Tynecastle, Rangers would charge Hearts a fee for every ticket sold. This meant that Rangers were getting money for tickets sold at away games. Not sure how it ended, but some clubs like Falkirk were just bumping up the prices of away tickets when Rangers and Celtic visited to cover the new charge. There was outrage from the supporters clubs of the Old Firm who blamed the other clubs, and not their own clubs.

Both of the Old Firm in the past have bought some of the best players at other clubs like Riorden and Gow, and just let them rot in the reserves. I dont know if they ever intended playing. They probably just bought them to take away the competition.

My point being, theyve tried their best to destroy the competition. Lets not mention the self interest in the formation of the SPL. Rangers and Celtic have dug their own grave. Let them fuckin rot in it!

No, never.  If they want to join then all the scottish leagues need to be merged with the english league system and they can all start at the bottom.  Why should they get a place at the expense of others?

The OF are a breed apart tbh.  I'm not denying that they have some decent fans.  They do.  But they just seem to bring this element of neanderthals with them wherever they travel.  It's the need to drink in the street instead of in a pub that I don't like and also the need to treat every city they visit as a mass open-air urinal.

I just don't like people with no standards.  The "tarring everybody with the same brush" argument always gets trotted out the minute somebody challenges this disgusting behaviour but that doesn't wash with me.  I live next to the two grounds in Dundee and it only happens when the Infirm are in town.  It must be a coincidence on a fucking cosmic scale tbh.

You're welcome to them but it looks like we're stuck with them.

To be honest my experience with Celtic away fans is one of the best I have ever had with away support coming to Barcelona. Great guys that mixed with us and had lots of fun together during and after the match without causing any trouble. I concede that it might be different with English teams.

I can't think of a single reason why they should be allowed in.

I happen to like the Scots but they generally hate the english. The Old Firm are the main reason the SPL is ruined and they have to stay in the bed they made.

If a european super league ever comes in they could join that & what's more I think they should be in front of us & by quite a distance.

To be honest my experience with Celtic away fans is one of the best I have ever had with away support coming to Barcelona. Great guys that mixed with us and had lots of fun together during and after the match without causing any trouble. I concede that it might be different with English teams.

Everybody's experiences will obviously differ.  I find Celtic supporters too "friendly" at times.  It's usually loaded with some patronising s****.  "You've got a good wee team there big man - I like your number six, wouldnae mind seeing him in the hoops byraway, you lads need the money".  There's nothing worse than being patronised by people who i'm exponentially better than.  I have no time for Rangers or their fans but at least they just hate you - I can handle that.

If they were parachuted into the Premier League they would both struggle to stay up imo. They're both obviously massive clubs with the fan-base to compete after a few years but they're both pretty poor at this moment in time.

If they were parachuted into the Premier League they would both struggle to stay up imo. They're both obviously massive clubs with the fan-base to compete after a few years but they're both pretty poor at this moment in time.

True. But imho they'd piss the CCC...would be as easy for them as it's been for us (so far).

True. But imho they'd piss the CCC...would be as easy for them as it's been for us (so far).

I'd go along with that.  :thup:

Can't think of a single player in the SPL who would start for a top 4 team down here though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I really couldn't care about you or your frustrations and I wont bother you beyond this post.

Best peel that wank stained sock off the desk and put google through it's paces eh?

I'd go along with that. :thup:

Can't think of a single player in the SPL who would start for a top 4 team down here though.

Top four? Top 12, more like. McGeady might be a nice option off of someone's bench I suppose. Their strikeforce is Fortune, Samaras, and McDonald. They are nothing.

Boruc on top of his game would get a game for the likes of Arsenal and Manu when vds retires. Celtic and Rangers are both in bad way just now though. Strachan has left a mess of a team behind at Celtic and Rangers are struggling in all areas.

When was the last time Rangers or Celtic didn't win the league? f*** it, when was the last time they weren't the top two? When Fergie was around in the 80s?

As Ashley17 said Hearts finished above Rangers a few years ago then royally f***ed it up when the owner decided to pick the team. Before that Aberdeen were the last in the early 80s to win the league.

Hearts also finished 2nd for the 85-86 season (again in87-88)and were only denied 1st place,on the last day of the season,by a wholly enept performance by a St.Mirren team comprised of 10 self confessed  Celtic fans.Hearts,decimated by a rampant flu bug were forced by the S.F.A to field a team lacking 7 mainstay first team players who went down 2-0 to Dundee away,losing the league on goal difference.

Also,how many remember KK pulling on the Maroon jersey?

Anyway,if Celtic/Rangers want to join in they should have to start at the very bottom and play their way to the top.

http://www.londonhearts.com/images/ianc/images/Kevin%20Keegan.jpg

O0

Ha! My girlfriend is a Glasgow lass and I lived with a chap from Govan for 3 years. As a result of these 2 people i've met a fair few Glasweigans - sp? who gives a f***. They're basically insecure, hotheadeded scumbags that like to shout about their roots (and how us english used to rape their women) to a very embarrassing degree.

Get a Glasgow man pissed and wind him up about their envy of England, one of my favourite hobbies during the uni days.

:facepalm:

Don't hang about with people who live in Govan. Hmm... wonder if his friends were Rangers fans then?

True, Glasgow is filled with nutters. Doesn't mean we are all bigoted, racist or whatever you cunts are saying.

:facepalm:

Don't hang about with people who live in Govan. Hmm... wonder if his friends were Rangers fans then?

True, Glasgow is filled with nutters. Doesn't mean we are all bigoted, racist or whatever you cunts are saying.

Funny when you consider the staggering irony of certain people in this thread being bigoted, racist cunts in their abuse towards Glaswegians etc...