Should Celtic & Rangers be allowed to join the Premiership?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When was the last time Rangers or Celtic didn't win the league? f*** it, when was the last time they weren't the top two? When Fergie was around in the 80s?

As Ashley17 said Hearts finished above Rangers a few years ago then royally fucked it up when the owner decided to pick the team. Before that Aberdeen were the last in the early 80s to win the league.

The problem though, which will happen again this January, is that they'll just buy up any talent from the other clubs to cement their position and never play them. Coming down to England will give them more money but so what? Didn't do us any good and they'll just become another provincial also-ran unable to attract the best players because they want to play for Man Utd or in London. Why they think because of who they are they'd suddenly be able to do what us and Leeds and Liverpool couldn't do is beyond me.

I voted no, but the ignorance and hostility in this thread show that England has its own bigots and so cannot really complain about others.

Ignorance? It's an ENGLISH league. Should we let Real Madrid into the Premiership too?

What happens if Cardiff come up this season? Then it's an English and WELSH league.  :razz:

Anyway, I was talking about the childish name calling of Scottish people and the assumption that all Rangers and Celtic fans are bigots. Some are, but some are not.

i'd say theres a higher percentage of bigots at either of those clubs than ANY english club.

Millwall?

I voted no, but the ignorance and hostility in this thread show that England has its own bigots and so cannot really complain about others.

Ignorance? It's an ENGLISH league. Should we let Real Madrid into the Premiership too?

What happens if Cardiff come up this season? Then it's an English and WELSH league.  :razz:

Anyway, I was talking about the childish name calling of Scottish people and the assumption that all Rangers and Celtic fans are bigots. Some are, but some are not.

i'd say theres a higher percentage of bigots at either of those clubs than ANY english club.

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

For fucks sake, you don't even live in Scotland. How can you say that?

Guest JamesyJazz

When was the last time Rangers or Celtic didn't win the league? f*** it, when was the last time they weren't the top two? When Fergie was around in the 80s?

As Ashley17 said Hearts finished above Rangers a few years ago then royally f***ed it up when the owner decided to pick the team. Before that Aberdeen were the last in the early 80s to win the league.

Hearts also finished 2nd for the 85-86 season (again in87-88)and were only denied 1st place,on the last day of the season,by a wholly enept performance by a St.Mirren team comprised of 10 self confessed  Celtic fans.Hearts,decimated by a rampant flu bug were forced by the S.F.A to field a team lacking 7 mainstay first team players who went down 2-0 to Dundee away,losing the league on goal difference.

Also,how many remember KK pulling on the Maroon jersey?

Anyway,if Celtic/Rangers want to join in they should have to start at the very bottom and play their way to the top.

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

For f***s sake, you don't even live in Scotland. How can you say that?

i've spent a bit time in scotland and work with a good few.

Guest toonlass

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

A good few what? You sound like one of those people who denies they are homophobic by saying "I have gay friends".

Anyway, the Premier League is no better than the SPL these days. They talk of the big four but in reality there are only two teams capable of winning the Premier League these days.

???

Liverpool finished something like 3 points behind Man Utd at the end of last season. Chelsea are currently top with Arsenal second.

Could you point out which 2 of the 4 you're referring to?

Which two teams have won the Premiership for the last I don't know how long. Even if you include the big 4 then, the Premier League is twice the size of the SPL so instead of having two big teams you have 4. There is no real difference.

Except for the massive gulf in quality?

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

A good few what? You sound like one of those people who denies they are homophobic by saying "I have gay friends".

every saturday and sunday afternoon when i'm at work, if i have a break during match times i share it with folk from glasgow and edinburgh. the ones from glasgow are very bigoted religously and towards the english...........................and they are sooo easily wound up.

Guest toonlass

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

every saturday and sunday afternoon when i'm at work, if i have a break during match times i share it with folk from glasgow and edinburgh. the ones from glasgow are very bigoted religously and towards the english...........................and they are sooo easily wound up.

Tell you what mate. I will get you a bigger brush, it will make it easier to tar everyone with it.

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

Tell you what mate. I will get you a bigger brush, it will make it easier to tar everyone with it.

did i say everyone there was a bigot. no. i said that in my experience there are more attached to those clubs than any other that i know of even as a percentage.....clear enough ?

Guest toonlass

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

did i say everyone there was a bigot. no. i said that in my experience there are more attached to those clubs than any other that i know of even as a percentage.....clear enough ?

The all I can say is you need to change who you are hanging around with. There are people who follow Newcastle who are total cunts (sorry Cath) but it doesn't make every Newcastle fan a cunt (sorry again Cath).

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

The all I can say is you need to change who you are hanging around with. There are people who follow Newcastle who are total c***s (sorry Cath) but it doesn't make every Newcastle fan a c*** (sorry again Cath).

i don't hang around with them we just share the same tele room at work and it's different people every week.

and no denying nufc has it's fair share of pricks calling themselves fans.

Ha! My girlfriend is a Glasgow lass and I lived with a chap from Govan for 3 years. As a result of these 2 people i've met a fair few Glasweigans - sp? who gives a fuck. They're basically insecure, hotheadeded scumbags that like to shout about their roots (and how us english used to rape their women) to a very embarrassing degree.

Get a Glasgow man pissed and wind him up about their envy of England, one of my favourite hobbies during the uni days.

Guest toonlass

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

The all I can say is you need to change who you are hanging around with. There are people who follow Newcastle who are total c***s (sorry Cath) but it doesn't make every Newcastle fan a c*** (sorry again Cath).

i don't hang around with them we just share the same tele room at work and it's different people every week.

Shall I cancel that order on the big brush for you then?

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

i'm a bloke. wouldn't have a clue how to use it dear.

Guest toonlass

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

bend over and I will insert it into the holder for you.

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

bend over and I will insert it into the holder for you.

brush first as opposed to shank eh ?

Anyway, the Premier League is no better than the SPL these days. They talk of the big four but in reality there are only two teams capable of winning the Premier League these days.

???

Liverpool finished something like 3 points behind Man Utd at the end of last season. Chelsea are currently top with Arsenal second.

Which two teams have won the Premiership for the last I don't know how long. Even if you include the big 4 then, the Premier League is twice the size of the SPL so instead of having two big teams you have 4. There is no real difference.

Except for the massive gulf in quality?

Flippin' huge ocean wouldn't emphasise it enough.

Millwall?

not even mi'wa'

The all I can say is you need to change who you are hanging around with. There are people who follow Newcastle who are total cunts (sorry Cath) but it doesn't make every Newcastle fan a cunt (sorry again Cath).

So because every single club in the world has tossers attached to it you're not allowed to point out that it's far more prevelant at specific clubs?

???

:lol:

burnip in terms of averse to change, which domestic leagues in world football have drastically changed and improved in the last 10-20 years? Supporting tradition isn't necessarily the same as being averse to change.

I can't think of any system that wouldn't allow crap teams (to watch) to survive in the top flight. Yorkie's spot on, you can't just change the rules because it isn't as easy on the eye.

my dad was saying (dunno if he's right or not) about 30 years ago or so the sfa changed the gate receipts policy from the revenue being split equally between both teams to the revenue just going to the home team, and with rangers and celtic having much bigger grounds and getting more fans in that was where the divide between them and the rest of the league started.