Premiership Sackings...

Dokko

You might know a bit more about this as well: why the hell hasn't he ever been capped for Spain? Not saying he should start because Spain are blessed with an array of gifted midfielders but seriously, not even a cap? There's a lot of talk about him playing for Everton and not having the same recognition as say, an Atletico.

He would have made the Confederations Cup squad if he had been fit though. His name usually comes up as "guy to call if Cesc/Xavi/Alonso/Iniesta are injuried". But yes, playing for Everton puts you under the radar. Liverpool get a pass because of the Benítez factor (they get a lot of press in Spain because of that and they are the most followed English team in here), but it's hard to get called up for Spain if you don't play in Spain and the press isn't talking how good you are week in week out. Also our managers traditionally keep the same players and rarely hand out caps if they don't see the player as a possible regular, which Arteta will never be unless somebody kills Cesc Fàbregas in his sleep.

To be fair Jagielka and Lescott have been phenomenal for Everton in recent seasons, especially last year. When you lose two centre backs that have played so well is always going to knock you back and thats why I think they dont look as difficult to break down as they have in the past. It also dosent help when you play 4-5-1 and your relying on a solid shape and back line to lose two quality players.

The goals seemed to have dried up from a few players too, Fellaini, Jo and Cahill dont seem to be popping up with goals as much and the injurys to the likes of Yakubu and Arteta taking their tole.

I still reckon Everton will finish in the top 8 though, Moyes is a good manager and he'll turn it around so I hope he dosent walk, Their first XI free of injuries is definately one that should be in the top 6. 

Maybe I should start a "Sunderland haven't had any bad luck lately" thread.

Sunderland striker Darren Bent has alledged his mother was racially abused by fan of his own club during the defeat to Wigan.

Bent, who started Sunderland's 1-0 defeat at the DW Stadium, revealed the incident on his Twitter website.

The England international was left fuming by the incident describing it as an "absolute disgrace".

"So we get beaten by Wigan and to make matters worse my mum gets racially abused by a Sunderland fan," Bent wrote on the Twitter micro-blogging website after the match at Wigan's DW Stadium.

"I won't stand for that."

Neither club have yet commented on the alleged incident.

:lol:

Cheers you thick dumb mackem, go upset the main man who's got you firing this season.  :clap:

Police have arrested a man on suspicion of racially abusing the mother of England striker Darren Bent.

The Sunderland player's mother was allegedly picked on by a Black Cats fan in a pub following the side's 1-0 defeat at Wigan on Saturday.

Bent wrote about the incident on his Twitter page, saying: "So we get beat by Wigan and to make matters worse my mum gets racially abused by a SUNDERLAND fan. I won't stand for that."

Greater Manchester Police and their counterparts in the Northumbria force launched a joint investigation.

A 26-year-old from Chester-le-Street, County Durham, was arrested at 6.50pm yesterday, Northumbria Police said.

A spokesman said the man was arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated harassment at an alleged incident in Wigan on Saturday, on behalf of Greater Manchester Police.

He was released on police bail until January 12.

• 1 month later...
Guest neesy111

seriously who the hell is going to take that job now? what sort of madman would take it with the knowledge your likely to be sacked if you so much as spoke to the players in a less than worshipful manner.

quite a few won't be bothered as long as they get compo + the amount of clubs that appoint sacked manager's now is quite high

seriously who the hell is going to take that job now? what sort of madman would take it with the knowledge your likely to be sacked if you so much as spoke to the players in a less than worshipful manner.

They know what they're doing ffs, a load of compo for two months work at most. They don't have to move, they don't have to try because no one will blame them if they get sacked.