Newcastle United 2 - 0 Watford - 05/12/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Tbh, bar Lovenkrands and Pancrate you have paid ridiculous money for the rest of your players. Be fair. Colo, Raylor, Nolan, Enrique...etc, by CCC standards.

Hardly ridiculous for Premier League standards though. 

You're a Championship club. (Club, not team, but team also)

Stating the obvious, but we signed all but Lovenkrands and Pancrate (who were free) when we were in the Premier League, so when we bought them we didn't pay ridiculous money at all.

Relative to quality?  :fishing:

I'll bite with a simple 'yes' 'yes'

Once for each goal scored by our players that scored yesterday, that eh....cost us nothing.

Other than your pride, in stooping so low to have to play us in the first place.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, bar Lovenkrands and Pancrate you have paid ridiculous money for the rest of your players. Be fair. Colo, Raylor, Nolan, Enrique...etc, by CCC standards.

Hardly ridiculous for Premier League standards though. 

You're a Championship club. (Club, not team, but team also)

Stating the obvious, but we signed all but Lovenkrands and Pancrate (who were free) when we were in the Premier League, so when we bought them we didn't pay ridiculous money at all.

Relative to quality?  :fishing:

I'll bite with a simple 'yes' 'yes'

Once for each goal scored by our players that scored yesterday, that eh....cost us nothing.

Other than your pride, in stooping so low to have to play us in the first place.

You're right, its embarrassing. Winning helps ease the pain though I find.  :aww:

Why did you turn so bitter when we came down? Its not like we were going to be competing for the same thing anyway.

I don't know if I am bitter. I'm unsure if you're sure which of my posts are serious and which aren't.

Why did you turn so bitter when we came down? Its not like we were going to be competing for the same thing anyway.

I don't know if I am bitter. I'm unsure if you're sure which of my posts are serious and which aren't.

I'm not sure you know sometimes.

You have changed a bit since we came down, you do seem a bit more "angry" a lot of the time.

I'm not sure you know sometimes.

I agree.

You have changed a bit since we came down, you do seem a bit more "angry" a lot of the time.

A number of factors contribute to that, most of them are down to Pilko.

A number of factors contribute to that, most of them are down to Pilko.

That is a very fair point, I don't blame you in the slightest.

I remember when everyone used to like GG. :lol:

he will come round next season when we are in the prem, and his delusions that watford are our rivals have subsided.

I don't think we're your rivals.  :lol: I'm just pleased we're not fighting relegation (yet). One thing I do take issue with, is the constant assertion that 'we're far too good for this league', when seemingly every week you play shit and luck goes in your favour, or you grind out results. You don't appear comfortable (though the table reads otherwise) in your victories week in, week out, if you were, perhaps it could be said to be 'too easy', but rather self-evidentally, you're not 'too good'. If anything, this team is not PL standard, you'd get raped with this team in the PL, yet nonetheless you treat yourselves as a PL team. I think this is wrong, tbh, that you also seem to treat other teams (generally) with less respect than they deserve and somehow such an attitude is vindicated by winning 1-0 or 2-0 with a dodgy official and a relieving late Nolan goal.  :harry:

Why should we care if we score in the last minute?  I can't remember anyone feeling sorry for us when we conceded god knows how many last minute goals last season.  This league is crap and it sounds like more bitterness.  :lol:

he will come round next season when we are in the prem, and his delusions that watford are our rivals have subsided.

I don't think we're your rivals.  :lol: I'm just pleased we're not fighting relegation (yet). One thing I do take issue with, is the constant assertion that 'we're far too good for this league', when seemingly every week you play s*** and luck goes in your favour, or you grind out results. You don't appear comfortable (though the table reads otherwise) in your victories week in, week out, if you were, perhaps it could be said to be 'too easy', but rather self-evidentally, you're not 'too good'. If anything, this team is not PL standard, you'd get raped with this team in the PL, yet nonetheless you treat yourselves as a PL team. I think this is wrong, tbh, that you also seem to treat other teams (generally) with less respect than they deserve and somehow such an attitude is vindicated by winning 1-0 or 2-0 with a dodgy official and a relieving late Nolan goal.  :harry:

Can't remember many dodgy officials this year helping us win our games. I can think of many baffling decisions for and against us this year, but I don't think we've had many crucial decisions going our way that led to a goal

I don't think we're your rivals.  :lol: I'm just pleased we're not fighting relegation (yet). One thing I do take issue with, is the constant assertion that 'we're far too good for this league', when seemingly every week you play s*** and luck goes in your favour, or you grind out results. You don't appear comfortable (though the table reads otherwise) in your victories week in, week out, if you were, perhaps it could be said to be 'too easy', but rather self-evidentally, you're not 'too good'. If anything, this team is not PL standard, you'd get raped with this team in the PL, yet nonetheless you treat yourselves as a PL team. I think this is wrong, tbh, that you also seem to treat other teams (generally) with less respect than they deserve and somehow such an attitude is vindicated by winning 1-0 or 2-0 with a dodgy official and a relieving late Nolan goal.  :harry:

Can't remember many dodgy officials this year helping us win our games. I can think of many baffling decisions for and against us this year, but I don't think we've had many crucial decisions going our way that led to a goal

its a conspiracy amongst refs, and managers of other teams to get us out of this division, as we are embarrassing all the other fans with the size of our crowds.

S. Taylor should've been off for an elbow yesterday.

Guest palnese

video or it didn't... you know the drill.

I don't think we're your rivals.  :lol: I'm just pleased we're not fighting relegation (yet). One thing I do take issue with, is the constant assertion that 'we're far too good for this league', when seemingly every week you play shit and luck goes in your favour, or you grind out results. You don't appear comfortable (though the table reads otherwise) in your victories week in, week out, if you were, perhaps it could be said to be 'too easy', but rather self-evidentally, you're not 'too good'. If anything, this team is not PL standard, you'd get raped with this team in the PL, yet nonetheless you treat yourselves as a PL team. I think this is wrong, tbh, that you also seem to treat other teams (generally) with less respect than they deserve and somehow such an attitude is vindicated by winning 1-0 or 2-0 with a dodgy official and a relieving late Nolan goal.  :harry:

The vast majority think we have played shit for a lot of the time and somehow managed to win. The same people think this current squad will come straight back down.

People are just surprised we can play this shit and still win all these games :lol:

if every elbow got sent off,... 5 a side tbh.