Newcastle United 2 - 0 Watford - 05/12/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Can't remember many dodgy officials this year helping us win our games. I can think of many baffling decisions for and against us this year, but I don't think we've had many crucial decisions going our way that led to a goal

S. Taylor should've been off for an elbow yesterday.

Erm, one of your players elbowed Kevin Nolan yesterday

Can't remember many dodgy officials this year helping us win our games. I can think of many baffling decisions for and against us this year, but I don't think we've had many crucial decisions going our way that led to a goal

Linesman didn't flag for that one though, did he?

Thats alright then.

Thats alright then.

:lol:

Thats alright then.

Officials make dodgy decisions all the time, it seems far more calculated/dodgy though, if the referee ignores a linesman and does something else entirely. That's what I was trying to convey.

Thats alright then.

Officials make dodgy decisions all the time, it seems far more calculated/dodgy though, if the referee ignores a linesman and does something else entirely. That's what I was trying to convey.

You lot couldn't score for shit anyway so we still would have won with 9 men.

Sorry GG but disagree with just about everything you have to say there.

I could probably only name a handful of games where I can say we've gone out, blew the other team away, and throughly deserved to win. For a large number of games we have had spells where we're on the back foot but that's natural isn't it? Look at our midfield, the primary reason we were relegated, we are not a team built to play attractive football, other sides are bound to enjoy spells of posession against us. However what we do have is a a solid defence and team that can seemingly grab a goal from anywhere. Those qualities are qualities that win you games.

I don't think you'd speak to many Newcastle fans who thinks this side is good enough to survive in the Premier League, the midfield would get ripped to shreds and we'd struggle to score goals, just as it did last year.  However it's undeniable on paper we are much better than a majority of sides in this divsion. When we play badly we'll get beat but when we're on form sides struggle to cope with us.

On Saturday, yes Watford enjoyed some decent spells but you didn't score, you were beaten fair and square. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Sorry GG but disagree with just about everything you have to say there.

I could probably only name a handful of games where I can say we've gone out, blew the other team away, and throughly deserved to win. For a large number of games we have had spells where we're on the back foot but that's natural isn't it? Look at our midfield, the primary reason we were relegated, we are not a team built to play attractive football, other sides are bound to enjoy spells of posession against us. However what we do have is a a solid defence and team that can seemingly grab a goal from anywhere. Those qualities are qualities that win you games.

I don't think you'd speak to many Newcastle fans who thinks this side is good enough to survive in the Premier League, the midfield would get ripped to shreds and we'd struggle to score goals, just as it did last year.  However it's undeniable on paper we are much better than a majority of sides in this divsion. When we play badly we'll get beat but when we're on form sides struggle to cope with us.

On Saturday, yes Watford enjoyed some decent spells but you didn't score, you were beaten fair and square. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Spot on proph.

Teams get a few chances a game against us but can never take them.

Prophet's summed us up absolutely perfectly there. This side's all about the defense. Our defense means that if we score 1, the game's as good as won. It's not a suprise that we scored and still lost at Scunthorpe; we had a makeshift defense.

Guest jimmyc84

enjoyed the game but this woman behind me told me off for standing up for about 4 seconds. i was sat down pretty much 99% of the game, but one moment 50 odd mins in when Harewood was making a decent run toward Watford's 18 yard box, i stood up out of nothing more than instinct and excitement.

She literally pushed me on the back and told me not to stand up if the guy in front of me wasn't. f'ing ridiculous. I wouldn't expect to be stood up the whole game, but for 4 seconds? It dissapoints me how the atmosphere can sometimes be better in a pub than at the ground...

I'm not allowed to stand up when we score either. Miserable bastards behind me tuck themselves into their seats at about 2:35, and stay snug and comfy till the end of the game, without moving a muscle. Frustrating.

Prophet's summed us up absolutely perfectly there. This side's all about the defense. Our defense means that if we score 1, the game's as good as won. It's not a suprise that we scored and still lost at Scunthorpe; we had a makeshift defense.

No, it's all about the quality of attack of teams in the Championship, rather than the quality of our defence. We gave Watford enough clear chances to be 3-1 up by half time, they didn't take them.  Every game I've watched, every 20 minutes it's been "It's a good job this lot are shite upfront, a better team would have punished us for that."

Guest jimmyc84

I'm not allowed to stand up when we score either. Miserable bastards behind me tuck themselves into their seats at about 2:35, and stay snug and comfy till the end of the game, without moving a muscle. Frustrating.

In a way it's tricky because they've paid their money to watch it so should be able to. But people standing up, sitting down, getting up for a sing etc should be part and parcel of going to the match in my opinion.

It's like when you go to gigs, there's always one person that wants to be at the front then gets angry when they get pushed around.

Why did you turn so bitter when we came down? Its not like we were going to be competing for the same thing anyway.

I don't know if I am bitter. I'm unsure if you're sure which of my posts are serious and which aren't.

You have changed a bit since we came down, you do seem a bit more "angry" a lot of the time.

Agreed.

Why it was was very important to beat the fukers imo.

No, it's all about the quality of attack of teams in the Championship, rather than the quality of our defence. We gave Watford enough clear chances to be 3-1 up by half time, they didn't take them.  Every game I've watched, every 20 minutes it's been "It's a good job this lot are shite upfront, a better team would have punished us for that."

Well it's the same thing really, innit. :razz:  I'm not saying our defense are world-beaters, not by a long stretch, but they're more than good enough to cope with near every single opposition in this league. And that's why we're top.

In a way it's tricky because they've paid their money to watch it so should be able to. But people standing up, sitting down, getting up for a sing etc should be part and parcel of going to the match in my opinion.

It's like when you go to gigs, there's always one person that wants to be at the front then gets angry when they get pushed around.

They do have to remember they are at a football match and not a theatre tho.

What?! Where the fuck is this? Just so I never sit there. :lol:

wtf. i would sort them fuckers out if i sat there.