Newcastle United 2 - 0 Watford - 05/12/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Also, Helguson is utter dross.

Wait till GG sees this. :lol:

Good, sorry but he missed 2 chances I'd expect someone with the billing GG gave to finish like it was a training drill. No wonder QPR wanted rid.

Every striker has a bad day. Tbh, he's been lethal at the Vic recently. Scored more than he's missed, by far.

But all he had to do was hit the target, they were 'harder to miss chances'.

I could just post the comment I posted above, again. Would that help?

Every good striker plays perfectly every game. Del Piero was shit.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Bitter Watford fans  ;D

It's canny funny because every set of away fans that come say they ''never stopped singing'' but you can rarely ever hear the fuckers!

We won because we were the better team, deal with it you spastics!

Guest Heneage

Good, sorry but he missed 2 chances I'd expect someone with the billing GG gave to finish like it was a training drill. No wonder QPR wanted rid.

Every striker has a bad day. Tbh, he's been lethal at the Vic recently. Scored more than he's missed, by far.

Every good striker plays perfectly every game. Del Piero was s***.

:lol:

I love it when you talk about Watford.

You think I based it solely on the fact he missed two easy chances? His overall play was mediocre, and he rarely troubled our back line, mind you most of your attackers make Aruna Dindane look clinical.

Bitter Watford fans  ;D

It's canny funny because every set of away fans that come say they ''never stopped singing'' but you can rarely ever hear the fuckers!

We won because we were the better team, deal with it you spastics!

Hear hear. Look GG I respect any fan from other clubs who takes time to come on these boards but you have to acknowledge two things:

1) Watford played well but in the end got battered senseless by a 10 man team with a deadly pancake.

2) The Chumpionshit is garbage. Why else would we be top of the league?

Every good striker plays perfectly every game. Del Piero was s***.

:lol:

I love it when you talk about Watford.

You think I based it solely on the fact he missed two easy chances? His overall play was mediocre, and he rarely troubled our back line, mind you most of your attackers make Aruna Dindane look clinical.

Our team is mediocre. When haven't we been? Mediocre, with effort and the occassional reward alongside a brilliant attitude is all we look for. Hence why Heidar is a legend. (Especially as he single-handedly kept the club in the Championship under Lewington and his transfer fee saved the club from admin and allowed Aidy Boothroyd to somewhat create a new squad, when he did eventually leave first time round)

Does that Watford forum registration come with a pint of bitter?

Honestly, on GH there are some of the bitterest cunts in existence. The whole place has stagnated in the last year or so, since two persons have started posting their tiresome rubbish rather prolifically.

Does that Watford forum registration come with a pint of bitter?

Honestly, on GH there are some of the bitterest c***s in existence. The whole place has stagnated in the last year or so, since two persons have started posting their tiresome rubbish rather prolifically.

sounds familiar.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/12/06/french-fancy-challenged-to-keep-up-sweet-form-79310-25330949/

Meanwhile, Watford boss Malky Mackay pleaded poverty as the reason for his side’s failure to make the most of their pressure and possession.

“I had belief even before Nolan was sent off, because we were creating chances, and I felt the pressure we then put on them and the chances we had were deserving of getting something from the game.

“We need to be clinical. At times, that’s the difference. Their guy gets a chance in the last few minutes – however many million he’s cost them – and puts it into the top corner.”

;D

Actually Malky, we got Pancrate for free (which is also what we got our other goal scorer, Lovenkrands for).

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/12/06/french-fancy-challenged-to-keep-up-sweet-form-79310-25330949/

Meanwhile, Watford boss Malky Mackay pleaded poverty as the reason for his side’s failure to make the most of their pressure and possession.

“I had belief even before Nolan was sent off, because we were creating chances, and I felt the pressure we then put on them and the chances we had were deserving of getting something from the game.

“We need to be clinical. At times, that’s the difference. Their guy gets a chance in the last few minutes – however many million he’s cost them – and puts it into the top corner.

;D

Actually Malky, we got Pancrate for free (which is also what we got our other goal scorer Lovenkrands for).

and it wasn't in the top corner.

Thought the first half was shit and neither side deserved to be in front, but I was obviously happy that we were. Marlon Harewood did great for the goal and I reckon he's fast becoming our new scapegoat - the amount of grumbles from our support whenever he does the slightest thing wrong is unbelievable. Shortly after the goal he lost the ball but won it straight back and took on a few players before having a shot and everyone still complained...bizarre.

Second half - the sending off, dare I say it, it was exactly what we needed. Our team and our crowd came into life and the win that everyone expected us to get, seemed a long way off. With backs to the wall though the a new 11th man came into play and our team responded equally as well.

All in all, good substitutions at the right times, a good show of resilience and a great team effort. I was very proud of the result.

Guest Heneage

What an idiot.

Too busy having a beer and a pie. If we had Malky back in our defence, you would have scored more.

FYP.

On a serious note why isn't DeMerit playing? Wasn't he your cinderella star.

Don't know if anyone mentioned/noticed the terrible communication between the linesman and ref in the first half, that resulted in Steven Taylor escaping a red card.

I sit in the milburn paddock, towards the Gallowgate, and Steven Taylor went in for a header, looked at the man, and clearly stuck his elbow right into him - blatant red.  The linesman flagged for it, and stood is ground for a few seconds but the referee never looked.  Eventually he gave up and about 30 seconds later, the ref gave a free kick our way in the same area.  Don't know what happened to their walkie talkie things.

Don't know if anyone mentioned/noticed the terrible communication between the linesman and ref in the first half, that resulted in Steven Taylor escaping a red card.

I sit in the milburn paddock, towards the Gallowgate, and Steven Taylor went in for a header, looked at the man, and clearly stuck his elbow right into him - blatant red.  The linesman flagged for it, and stood is ground for a few seconds but the referee never looked.  Eventually he gave up and about 30 seconds later, the ref gave a free kick our way in the same area.  Don't know what happened to their walkie talkie things.

It's been mentioned. If the ref didn't see it and didn't mention it in his match report won't it be looked at now and Taylor may be punished retrospectively?

Shite game, shite refereeing, shite travelling support but a good result. Typical Championship game.

They had a lot of the ball but they couldn't make it count. Had it not been for the red card I think we could've buried them as we started the second half well. Once Nolan was off they got their tales up and had a go but barring two saves from Harper they didn't seem to get much on target.

Pancrate looks like a very good buy. I'm yet to see a bad side to his game - he's quick, he's strong, his touch is very good, his final ball causes teams problems and he can find the back of the net. I'm just waiting to find out he's made of glass and we'll only see him once every few months.

What an idiot.

Too busy having a beer and a pie. If we had Malky back in our defence, you would have scored more.

FYP.

Erm, I've been saying he's dogshit for well over a year? (his eye got infected and he hasn't played at all this season, i think)

Guest Heneage

What an idiot.

FYP.

Erm, I've been saying he's dogshit for well over a year? (his eye got infected and he hasn't played at all this season, i think)

I didn't say you had been rating him, stop being so paranoid.

But he was a defender with a cinderella story, and based on what your fans seem to think of Cathcart he can't be a worse option?

What an idiot.

FYP.

I didn't say you had been rating him, stop being so paranoid.

But he was a defender with a cinderella story, and based on what your fans seem to think of Cathcart he can't be a worse option?

Ah yes, I agree tbh, but his eye's been fucked all season. Hopefully he'll be back within a month or so.

“We need to be clinical. At times, that’s the difference. Their guy gets a chance in the last few minutes – however many million he’s cost them – and puts it into the top corner.”

;D

Actually Malky, we got Pancrate for free (which is also what we got our other goal scorer, Lovenkrands for).

Fucking hell, that's fantastic. :lol: You've got to love the opposition managers bigging us up pre-game, saying what a great club with a great fanbase we are. In truth they all fancy a shot at us at St James'; they're all seriously up for us and think they can take us. Reality hits home and they're bitter as fuck.

Satisfying.

(I know we're still shit, etc etc)