Newcastle United vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread

Stifler

Is it really too much to expect that because there is a match on tomorrow and snow is falling/has been forecast, the surrounding areas will be fully gritted to ensure the game goes ahead? It's not exactly rocket science.

Is it really too much to expect that because there is a match on tomorrow and snow is falling/has been forecast, the surrounding areas will be fully gritted to ensure the game goes ahead? It's not exactly rocket science.

its not rocket science but it does mean some sense from city council so probs not.

Aye apparantely the heavy snow's meant to hit my neck of the woods this evening. However with temperatures being as low as they are it's gonna be icy. Doesn't help with it being an earlier kick off i don't suppose, either - less time to thaw? :undecided:

*crosses fingers*

The last problem we had was against Charlton and the snow came very close to kick off and they couldn't get the roads and paths gritted in time.  They said that the amount of slow moving traffic meant they couldn't physically get around the roads in time.  I can't see that being a problem this time so the game is almost certain to go ahead.

Guest toonlass

Just drove back from Fenham and it was horrible. Am getting thebus/ metro in tomorrow. No way am I driving again if it's going to be like that.

Guest toonlass

Absolute blizzard now. An inch of snow in 20 mins.

I can see SJP from my window and it's not currently snowing.  O0

:clap: Howay Jill. Keep keeping that snow away

Absolute blizzard now. An inch of snow in 20 mins.

I can see SJP from my window and it's not currently snowing.  O0

:clap: Howay Jill. Keep keeping that snow away

I should put a bet on the match being called off. Given my recent gambling attempts, that would guarantee it would be played.  :lol:

Guest toonlass

They've got 18 hours until the game. If they pull their fingers out and fully grit the area, I don't see what the problem will be.

Did you say grit or sh..........

They've got 18 hours until the game. If they pull their fingers out and fully grit the area, I don't see what the problem will be.

Did you say grit or sh..........

Grit.