Newcastle United vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread

Stifler

will be a pretty impressive site on BBC for the country to watch, when our stadium is sold out in a Championship match, at christmas, live on tv.

Hope we thump them too.

Yeap, cant make my mind up to get tickets or pay on the door.  Might pop into town tomorrow and get them.

Guest WashyGeordie

will be a pretty impressive site on BBC for the country to watch, when our stadium is sold out in a Championship match, at christmas, live on tv.

Hope we thump them too.

Yeap, cant make my mind up to get tickets or pay on the door.  Might pop into town tomorrow and get them.

There's no cash turnstiles.

Hope we thump them too.

There's no cash turnstiles.

Zoiks, i'll get tickets tomorrow.

Hughton:

"Andy is missing, which is a blow, but we've got a lot of options up front right now," he explained.

"We've seen in recent games that we've had quite a few combinations in attack and they've all been scoring goals.

"It's a nice decision to have to make because they're all desperate to start.

"I'll wait and see how the lads do in training, though, over the next couple of days and we'll see from there."

Makes a good point tbh, it's a very good thing that all our attacking options seems to have scored or helped producing goals. Should keep them all motivated, knowing that there's always competition for the spots.

I'd start Ameobi and Lövenkrands fwiw.

I'd go Lovenkrands and Ameobi. Harewood and Ranger seem to do well coming off the bench.

Forgetting the fact that Harewood scored 2 goals in the last game he started, against an oppositition in a similar position to Boro.

I'd go Lovenkrands and Ameobi. Harewood and Ranger seem to do well coming off the bench.

Forgetting the fact that Harewood scored 2 goals in the last game he started, against an oppositition in a similar position to Boro.

Also scored coming off the bench against Barnsley, he's in good form, but I think we should get at them early. So I think 4-4-2 with Lov and Ameobi is the best way to do it.

Hughton:

"Andy is missing, which is a blow, but we've got a lot of options up front right now," he explained.

"We've seen in recent games that we've had quite a few combinations in attack and they've all been scoring goals.

"It's a nice decision to have to make because they're all desperate to start.

"I'll wait and see how the lads do in training, though, over the next couple of days and we'll see from there."

Makes a good point tbh, it's a very good thing that all our attacking options seems to have scored or helped producing goals. Should keep them all motivated, knowing that there's always competition for the spots.

I'd start Ameobi and Lövenkrands fwiw.

Before the season started I thought this was a department we'd struggle in with not having a proven scorer on the books.

It's worked  out pretty well so far and they've all chipped in.

He got an assist in his last start which was watford, got brought off early because of Nolans sending off. Hes definately been doing better recently.

Id still start Ameobi & Loven before him, but hed get time as a sub.

If Harewood doesn't start this I'll be amazed. He can't have many games left here, he joined on September 24th which means he'll leave here either just before or just after the Sheff Wed game, if he played Shola and he got injured then he can't bring in Harewood in a few games, Hughton may as well use the resources whilst he's got them, especially with 3 games coming up in 8 days.

Harper

Simpson Colo S.Taylor Enrique

R.Taylor Smith Nolan Jonas

Lovenkrands Ameobi

For me. Not sure about Guthrie on the right. To be honest he's been pretty gash there when I've seen him. He's better playing through the middle but Smith and Nolan are in good form so I'd start him on the bench.

Was hoping to come to Newcastle for the game but can't make it. Will have to watch on the telly with a few beers, can't wait!