Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest manomush

He was in a brilliant England setup for 10 years, playing against the likes of Macedonia an out and out goalscorer should get 40 goals in 89 games. He's let England down when it mattered though. And now he's a very poor player with a good reputation, which is what I was originally getting at.

[/quote3 v's germany

That was 9 years ago ffs.Lethal finisher in his day with electric pace..but now he's s****,too many injuries have f***ed him...it was always going to be the case once his turn of pace went,he'd be s****,as unlike Shearer, his general play was always substandard.

yes now i agree,but the facts are he is one of the best england have ever produced

Guest manomush

sorry, but now is not an item goofy was saying owen was alway's crap

What time do you knock off?

Fancy a pint?fancy a fight aye ,pint no

[/quo

Has one brain cell picked a fight with the other? You seem confused!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFDNK-4Z7TI

Just the one brain cell then? Fair enough.

not scared of me yet

Guest manomush

Is "manomush" really badly drunk or just angry because some people on here are talking in a... not so good way about Owen?  :undecided:   :lol:

just having a laugh

He was in a brilliant England setup for 10 years, playing against the likes of Macedonia an out and out goalscorer should get 40 goals in 89 games. He's let England down when it mattered though. And now he's a very poor player with a good reputation, which is what I was originally getting at.

[/quote3 v's germany

That was 9 years ago ffs.Lethal finisher in his day with electric pace..but now he's s****,too many injuries have f***ed him...it was always going to be the case once his turn of pace went,he'd be s****,as unlike Shearer, his general play was always substandard.

yes now i agree,but the facts are he is one of the best england have ever produced

doesnt mean he should go to this world cup though does it?

Would be a travesty if the little wanker is in the squad. Thankfully Capello has got his head screwed on and won't pander to the media and pick him on reputation.

Only way he'll get to South Africa is as a pundit for the Beeb.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247349/Michael-Owen-shown-Manchester-United-door-summer-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-looks-wage-cuts.html

Owen is set to be booted out of Man U after only one season according to the Mail. No surprise to see that his main concern is still his horses. As predicted by many he's failed miserably at Man U and thank fuck the little shit didn't take us up on that contract.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247349/Michael-Owen-shown-Manchester-United-door-summer-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-looks-wage-cuts.html

Owen is set to be booted out of Man U after only one season according to the Mail. No surprise to see that his main concern is still his horses. As predicted by many he's failed miserably at Man U and thank f*** the little s*** didn't take us up on that contract.

It's not that I wanted/want Owen to do well after he left us in the summer but I think if he had played more at ManU he would have been a regular goal scorer. It was the same as he was with us - he always needed a run of a 3 or 4 games till starting to score. Of course he hardly got those runs through injury though.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this. His radio interview really shows how much he's still a footballer. The interview is over 7 mins long and he talked 30 secondes or so about football, the rest about his horses.  :lol:

Manchester United striker Michael Owen has all but given up hope of making England's World Cup squad this summer.

Owen, 30, who has scored 40 goals in 89 games for England, last played for the national side in March 2008.

"It's been a long time since I was in the England squad," Owen told BBC Radio 5 live. "You never give up but it's probably a long shot in racing terms."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8527408.stm

There's a video of Shearer getting asked if Owen will be going to the World Cup: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8527408.stm

08:04 GMT, Monday, 22 February 2010

Michael Owen not expecting England World Cup call-up

Manchester United striker Michael Owen has all but given up hope of making England's World Cup squad this summer.

Owen, 30, who has scored 40 goals in 89 games for England, last played for the national side in March 2008.

"It's been a long time since I was in the England squad," Owen told BBC Radio 5 live. "You never give up but it's probably a long shot in racing terms."

England boss Fabio Capello has said his players must be first-team regulars but Owen has not held down a United place.

Owen has started only five league games for his club this season following his July move from Newcastle, scoring two goals in the top flight and seven in all competitions.

The former Liverpool forward's most impressive performance this season came in United's 3-1 win over Wolfsburg in the Champions League, when Owen scored a hat-trick, but he was back on the bench for United's next game - the home defeat by Aston Villa.

Capello flew to South Africa on Sunday for Fifa's World Cup pre-tournament workshop in Sun City after watching in-form Fulham striker Bobby Zamora in the London side's 2-1 win over Birmingham City.

England play Egypt at Wembley on 3 March, with Capello set to announce his squad for that friendly this weekend.

There's a video of Shearer getting asked if Owen will be going to the World Cup: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8527408.stm

08:04 GMT, Monday, 22 February 2010

Michael Owen not expecting England World Cup call-up

England boss Fabio Capello has said his players must be first-team regulars but Owen has not held down a United place.

Owen has started only five league games for his club this season following his July move from Newcastle, scoring two goals in the top flight and seven in all competitions.

The former Liverpool forward's most impressive performance this season came in United's 3-1 win over Wolfsburg in the Champions League, when Owen scored a hat-trick, but he was back on the bench for United's next game - the home defeat by Aston Villa.

Capello flew to South Africa on Sunday for Fifa's World Cup pre-tournament workshop in Sun City after watching in-form Fulham striker Bobby Zamora in the London side's 2-1 win over Birmingham City.

England play Egypt at Wembley on 3 March, with Capello set to announce his squad for that friendly this weekend.

Aye, that's actually just the same link I've posted one post above you  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Yes, I was drawing attention to the Shearer video. You can tell they keep asking him about Owen because he is a friend of Owen's.

apparently they fell out when shearer dropped him at the end of last season

Yes, I was drawing attention to the Shearer video. You can tell they keep asking him about Owen because he is a friend of Owen's.

If that's true it just makes Owen look even more of a cock. He seems much more animated talking about horses than he does football. I think he'll be retired soon. I can't imagine him being willing to play for 'lesser' teams.

Yeah, I believe you.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I believe you.

I believe you!

If that's true it just makes Owen look even more of a cock. He seems much more animated talking about horses than he does football. I think he'll be retired soon. I can't imagine him being willing to play for 'lesser' teams.

Could see him playing for Chester of some club like. Isn't there one club he is part owner of? But I can also see him retiring. Imaging if Man Utd would be winning either of the Premier League or Champions League, than I really could see him retiring "on the peak of his successes" or sth. like that.