Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

So in his BTSport prediction he's tipping Norwich for 18th place and relegation.  Yet in today's Daily Mail he says:

"Norwich City: Last season's 11th place finish for Norwich must be respected, but finishing any higher this year is highly unlikely. The relegation scrap remains a possibility, but the club's new record signing, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, from Sporting Lisbon should be able to propel the Canaries out of the danger zone and towards the top half of the table."

It's almost as if he doesn't write his own articles!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so angry that this guy gets paid to talk about football.  Look at this!

themichaelowen: Fair play to Spurs, I know they may sell Bale but where do they consistently get their money from to spend like they do?

Answered his own question there hasn't he?  Once the Bale transfer goes through, there will have been only one season in the last five that Spurs haven't made a net profit in transfers.

Guest reefatoon

Just been on talking about our game, he was praising Ben Arfa and talking about us and he said "we". Owen is a Geordie eh.

His voice is so irritating it's impossible to take in anything he says. He could be the best pundit ever but it's as pointless as the last ten years of his career.

Plus he's a fucking douche.

He's a much better studio pundit than a live commentator.

I don't know if that's down to editing, cutting out the self important waffle, or the lack of fake excitement and long periods of listening to him, but if I were in charge, keep him off the live mic and in the studio.

He was ok, much better than shearer starting out IMHO.

Also his voice is nowhere near as bad as Carraghers, that really is too much for human eardrums.

I liked the fact he agreed the Debuchy challenge was never a penalty but his arse did start dropping out towards the end, against Robbie Fucking Savage.

He is a boring prick still and I thought his comments on Stoke were a bit tasteless.

Also his voice is nowhere near as bad as Carraghers, that really is too much for human eardrums.

Carragher was noticeably better last monday compared to the week before. It was obvious he's been told to drop about ten octaves. He was much less stop / start too, wouldn't say fluid exactly but the improvement in just 1 week was significant. I'm certain he'll become a top pundit, hope so too cause he's a likeable guy as well as knowing his stuff.