Would you extend Harewood's loan until the end of the season?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beckford is an unknown quality at the highest level who scores most his goals through pace, an asset in the top league

I think for 1.5 mill he is a good investment. If it dosnt work out over the next 2 years he will keep his value based on his previous performances.

That just isn't true.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What annoyed me at Hillsborough was when Carroll came on, Harewood continuously made no attempt whatsoever to anticipate a flick on. He just wasn't interested; at times he didn't even look.

Very true.

Guest Heneage

It has fuck all to do with goalscorers. You could play anyone up there, it's creating chances for those strikers to score from. The problem is the midfield not the strikers.

I voted no, if we could go out and buy someone like Beckford I'd prefer that. Harewood is proven at this level but not as if he's been superb for us. The biggest disadvantage about signing Beckford is that we'd have to stump up cash, but I think he would be hungry and determined to prove that he can step up a level.

It has fuck all to do with goalscorers. You could play anyone up there, it's creating chances for those strikers to score from. The problem is the midfield not the strikers.

Fuck off, we created plenty of chances in the first half but had no-one capable of putting them away.

The midfield is a problem but there were a number of quality crosses put into the box but no-one capable to put them away!

Guest Heneage

It has f*** all to do with goalscorers. You could play anyone up there, it's creating chances for those strikers to score from. The problem is the midfield not the strikers.

f*** off, we created plenty of chances in the first half but had no-one capable of putting them away.

The midfield is a problem but there were a number of quality crosses put into the box but no-one capable to put them away!

I saw 3 chances. Rangers and the two Taylors. We were better in the first half when the game was more open and there was space to pass into, that's when we looked like scoring. But with a tighter game in the second half our chances came from a team's mistakes not our own quality. If we go up, that midfield will be over-run by teams, like it was tonight, we need players that can put chances to the strikers, be it crosses like Guthrie's against Boro and Sheff Wed, or Carroll's through ball for Nolan's goal at Ipswich.

Anyone (and there are a few on here) who think that Shola, Loven, Ranger and Carroll are adequate needs a talking to. Only one of those is good enough for side in the top 2.

Didn't you say last night that if Harewood came back we'd have four of the best strikers in the league?

We could've done with a Harewood vintage tonight like, maybe the Notts Forest or Doncaster perormances.

Guest Heneage

We created plenty of chances first half which should have been converted, end of.

What chances? Taylors one on one, and Lovenkrands are the only ones springing to mind.

We could have done with a striker who can finish, we had something like 11 corners and they were all pretty bloody good including one that bounced a couple of times in the 6 yard box without being attacking by anyone!

We created plenty of chances first half which should have been converted, end of.

What chances? Taylors one on one, and Lovenkrands are the only ones springing to mind.

11 corners and a few other quality balls in that were wasted. Just because no-one was intelligent enough to get on the end it doesn't mean a chance wasn't created, what is it you plan to do for a living again? :lol:

Did you watch the first half? :lol:

We could have done with a striker who can finish, we had something like 11 corners and they were all pretty bloody good including one that bounced a couple of times in the 6 yard box without being attacking by anyone!

Why didn't Shola put a chance away then?  He's our best striker isn't he?  Maybe it's because we have a **** central midfield.

Why didn't Shola put a chance away then?  He's our best striker isn't he?  Maybe it's because we have a **** central midfield.

Because he came on near the end when we had run out of steam/ideas.

It's not rocket science :lol:

Because we took Taylor off and they put more pressure on Gutierrez in the second half.

I don't think he would've made much difference today other than we'd have had a whole lot less movement and probably looked as bad in the first half as we did in the second.

No idea's, no door opener and fuck all movement.

I don't think he would've made much difference today other than we'd have had a whole lot less movement and probably looked as bad in the first half as we did in the second.

No idea's, no door opener and fuck all movement.

We created fuck loads in the first half.

No idea's, no door opener and f*** all movement.

Exactly.  Some people like to rewrite history though...

Everytime we draw or lose some idiots are going to bring up Harewood.  We went on our worst run because Harewood was shoehorned into the team.