Would you extend Harewood's loan until the end of the season?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not that I have a massive amount of faith in Hughton's judgement, but Lovenkrands must be shitting the bed big time in training to be behind Ranger in the pecking order. Given of course that Lovenkrands is experienced and a Hughton signing.

I wouldn't extend it, we've got 4 forwards who need games and we need midfielders more than anything, that's where we should be looking to spend whatever we have for players.

This is spot on. Weve got ameobi, lovenkrands, pancrate, carrol and ranger. we need midfield stength. (So I expect another three strikers come end of january)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd leave it. We have five strikers and would be comfortable even if Ameobi gets another injury (Or anyone for that matter). Ameobi, Caroll, Ranger, Lovenkrands, Pancrate, even Nolan if we get some kind of injury crisis, which I think is doubtful. Harewood will just push Lovenkrands and Ranger further down the pecking order, and Lovenkrands would be a much more effective striker than Harewood if he got games.

Ameobi - Injury prone

Carroll - "Accident prone"

Ranger - Not much of a goal threat, yet.

Lovenkrands - Fair enough

Pancrate - Despite a promising start doesn't look like he can be relied upon up front, yet.

I would be more comfortable if we extended the loan.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ameobi - Injury prone

Pancrate - Despite a promising start doesn't look like he can be relied upon up front, yet.

I can't really see Carroll, Ranger, Loven or Pancrate picking up a major injury until the end of the season- And Nolan can also be shifted up front.

Ameobi - Injury prone

I can't really see Carroll, Ranger, Loven or Pancrate picking up a major injury until the end of the season- And Nolan can also be shifted up front.

That's extremely short sighted. Anything can happen and if Nolan gets shifted upfront then that means that we'll see super Nicky Butt backflipping his way into the starting 11 week after week. We're only halfway through this season remember.

Two of those I would be loathed to rely on for goals and even with Carroll the jury is still out (if he doesn't get sent down before then).

my judgement on carroll, great at unsettling defences with his size and great at winning the ball but doesnt offer a load of goals, we need a striker in jan be that marlon or someone else, simply put our only concistantly scoring players belonging to us are nolan (a midfielder) and shola (injury prone when things are going well for him) and that is concerning

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ameobi - Injury prone

That's extremely short sighted. Anything can happen and if Nolan gets shifted upfront then that means that we'll see super Nicky Butt backflipping his way into the starting 11 week after week. We're only halfway through this season remember.

In all fairness, we'll still see much more of Nicky Butt this season, and Nolan will probably be put behind the front man for a lot of away performances (Regardless of if we sign Harewood or not), meaning it will likely be Butt and Smith in central midfield. Even when Barton's back in the new year, he'll be seen as competition for Ryan Taylor and Pancrate and Guthrie on the right or left.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ameobi and Carroll and to some degree Ranger offer similar qualities of power

I would prefer Beckford and probably even Boyd

Guest sicko2ndbest

Beckford is an unknown quality at the highest level who scores most his goals through pace, an asset in the top league

I think for 1.5 mill he is a good investment. If it dosnt work out over the next 2 years he will keep his value based on his previous performances.

Beckford is an unknown quality at the highest level who scores most his goals through pace, an asset in the top league

I think for 1.5 mill he is a good investment. If it dosnt work out over the next 2 years he will keep his value based on his previous performances.

Good point about his value, often gets overlooked. Should he not perform in the next year or so we could ship him off for the same price, or even loan him and make a profit at the end of it.

He is.

Ranger has came off the bench more but since Lovenkrands has been here and been fit enough to play he's started more games than Ranger, granted the odd one on the left wing for some bizarre reason but he's not clearly behind Ranger in the pecking order.

I would say harewood has got better with the games he has played but constantly irritates with lack of effort going for 50/50s and the pestering of defenders. Would rather give ranger a shot and with Villa wanting doobs for him another reason to let go...