Would you extend Harewood's loan until the end of the season?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahh another "Harewood is better than Ranger because he can tap the ball in net" argument.

How many of Harewood's goals have actually required any effort? Most have been 6 yards out infront of goal. We could all score from there man.

... is that a pisstake? :lol: Ranger's missed countless sitters, man. You think he would have buried them two headers against Swansea, or pulled off that lob at Barnsley? Come off it man.

Are you saying Ranger doesn't have the ability to score the goals Harewood is scoring?  Ranger may have missed a couple of chances but look at Harewood against Notts Forest (couldn't even stick his leg out a yard to knock in a cross in the first half) and he missed a sitter against Boro.  Ranger starts less games than Harewood and so, as I've mentioned before, most of the time when Ranger comes on we've given up attacking.  We persevered with Harewood after some **** games, why can't we do the same with Ranger?

If Harewood's loan doesn't get extended, you can bet he'll go on loan to another Championship club. Maybe one of our promotion rivals.

It is a shame we loaned Xisco out for the full season as he like others could of benefited from a year in CCC.

I have a feeling the club are hoping Xisco does well enough in Spain that some club there will buy him off us. I can't see that happening though.

have a feeling the club are hoping Xisco does well enough in Spain that some club there will buy him off us. I can't see that happening though.

Also when I typed I forgot didnt he say "feigned injury in order to secure a transfer away".

As for Marlon is there any chance MON may want him back now he is fit & scoring?

Ahh another "Harewood is better than Ranger because he can tap the ball in net" argument.

How many of Harewood's goals have actually required any effort? Most have been 6 yards out infront of goal. We could all score from there man.

... is that a pisstake? :lol: Ranger's missed countless sitters, man. You think he would have buried them two headers against Swansea, or pulled off that lob at Barnsley? Come off it man.

Are you saying Ranger doesn't have the ability to score the goals Harewood is scoring?  Ranger may have missed a couple of chances but look at Harewood against Notts Forest (couldn't even stick his leg out a yard to knock in a cross in the first half) and he missed a sitter against Boro.  Ranger starts less games than Harewood and so, as I've mentioned before, most of the time when Ranger comes on we've given up attacking.  We persevered with Harewood after some **** games, why can't we do the same with Ranger?

Because Ranger isn't a proven goalscorer?

I can see why people wouldn't want anything to hinder Ranger's progress - cos we've seen it before with N'Zogbia and Duff, and subsequently lost the best young talent the club had had in the last decade. But Ranger's still only just 18 and we absolutely have to get promoted. Harewood's unspectacular but he's got 5 in 6 now and these are the things that really matter.

Where's this idea that because I don't want Harewood to play so I automatically want Ranger to start? There's plenty of decent partnerships, all of which I'd have before Harewood.

Ameobi - Lovenkrands

Ameobi - Nolan

Carroll - Lovenkrands

Carroll - Ameobi

To name but a few.

And I'm not talking about Ranger's ability to make sitters. What I'm saying is all Harewood has done is tap a few balls into the net - at least Ranger has offered some effort and play to the team in his short time here.

Yeah.

Why the f*** doesn't he do it then?

Maybe giving him 53 minutes of football since he scored isn't helping, telling him to go out and hold up the ball to stop the opposition will not be helping him either.

“We were 2-0 up and to get a goal would have been nice, but it was case of going on, running around and trying to seal the game off, which is what Chris told me to do.

“It was about killing the game off and giving it my all.”

Why the f*** doesn't he do it then?

Doesn't get many chances/snatching at chances he does get.  It's obvious he can score the goals Harewood does.  It's crazy to say that Ranger couldn't score from threee yards and anyone who says otherwise is just being contrary.  On the other hand not every player can get himself into these positions but Ranger obviously can do this as well as everyone keeps saying he keeps missing sitters...

And of course what Mick says adds to it.  I've said it before, put him in Harewood's position and vice versa and Harewood wouldn't have scored as many goals as he has done.

Picking Harewood feels like a negative decision. It's important that we still try to improve and don't get into a mind-set where we're scared to take a risk in case we spoil our chances of promotion.

I just see him as a clumsy player with a poor first touch. We should look to do better.