Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

When SWP pissed up that volley, Simpson was busy wanking on the edge of the box.

That's sort of what I'm getting at. Whilst Ryan Taylor is a gash footballer, he's generally in the right positions, even whilst playing on his wrong side. Simpson doesn't look comfortable, both positionally and with the ball, which is very fucking worrying for someone who's played at right-back for his whole career - a 'natural' right-back if you will.

I also hate his stupid online bravado about how good he is and how he's playing well, etc. Retweeting the numpties who say he should be in the England team, fuck off man.

That second paragraph just makes it sound like you have a grudge against him tbh, and so it would make sense why you're slating him so much tonight when 99% of people thought he was solid.

I don't like him, aye. I've praised him in the past, however, if you could be arsed to dig that up.

Maybe I'm just not looking when he does well, or something. I thought he was pants.

Ryan Taylor is generally in the right positions? :lol:

Is your real name Ray Charles?

Ryan Taylor's problem is not his positioning, but his lack of any ability with the ball (barring set pieces ofc) and also his tendancy to make the wrong decision (dive in or stand ground). His positioning isn't what makes him such a poor footballer, although I'm not pretending it's brilliant either. Santon should have played in his place tonight, my argument is one of contrast, though. He's playing on his weaker side and has looked better than Simpson in most games this season, rose-tinted OVER DA WALL glasses firmly off. Having said that, "looking better than Simpson" so far this season requires you to play at a 5/10 level.

Fair enough mate, I completely disagree though. :thup:

I think he's going to be solid for us as it is but his complete lack of ability on the ball will make him probably the first player needing replacement if we are ever going to show more ambition than mid-table. 

He was, I'm pretty shocked absolutely nobody agrees with me on that. Taylor was piss poor but Simpson just infuriated the fuck out of me, he's capable of so much more.

I thought Simpson and S Taylor were our 2 best players and Best 3rd (of those who started).

Sammy brought a bit of enthusiasim and directness to our play.

Its a good job Wright Phillips was not on Simpsons wing otherwise everything people are saying about Taylor they would be saying about Simpson as he would of tore him to shreds!

Wright Phillips went over there for about 10mins and just kept running in behind him while Simpson was ball watching

Its a good job Wright Phillips was not on Simpsons wing otherwise everything people are saying about Taylor they would be saying about Simpson as he would of tore him to shreds!

Wright Phillips went over there for about 10mins and just kept running in behind him while Simpson was ball watching

He played a good amount on Simpsons side in the 2nd half, and other than the one time he got in behind him to get a shot on goal I can´t remember him having the better of Simpson. The one time he was played through, it was Saylor who played him onside.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Caught out of position countless times, but defensively, he wasn't bad.

That's like saying "he missed several one on ones, but his finishing was spot on."

Both full backs were dire last night, even Colo and Taylor had very mixed performances. The fact we got a clean sheet papered over the cracks, if QPR knew how to finish we could have shipped 3 or 4 which isn't good enough against one of our rivals.

Guest Randy Savage

He was relatively solid today but still needs to work massively on his marking/concentration.

Even as a red and white, I have to say your avatar is superb.

Either he's lying or they're making up quotes. N'Zogbia didn't play in that game.

That present means preparing for the challenge of Aston Vila this weekend, and a likely meeting with former Newcastle winger and transfer target Charles N'Zogbia.

"It'll be interesting." he said. "I played against him in Wigan away last season and he's one of those players where you can't really afford to switch off for a second."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9248825.Practice_makes_perfect_for_Newcastle___s_defence/

Simpson i am not sure about. Thought he was poor in the championship. I thought we should get someone better in once promoted. Then in all fairness he had a decent season in the premiership last year.

He's been fairly poor in general at the start of this season. Against Scunthorpe he was bordering on atrocious.

I'd ideally want someone better in and have simpson or possibly the promising Tavernier as back up. We may even get a good offer in for Simpson as some people seem to really rate him.

We'll see between now and January how good he is/isn't. Assuming Santon does as well as is expected, Simpson will be the weakest link in our back four.