Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

If only the Twitterati and the messageboard maniacs did their research before plunging the knife into players from their bedrooms.

:lol: That award really hurt Lee like

Doesn't bother me. Continuing to alienate his readership with comments like that tbh.

Guest ToonZA

The amount of times he just aimlessly boots the ball to the opposition or backs off players allowing them to either cut inside and shoot, or lay the ball off to teammates, really does overshadow his general contribution.  He's a decent player for the club, but certainly not a player we should be looking to keep in the first XI going forward.  I have no problems with him being a squad player, I think he's been a good servant in his time here and sometimes I think the abuse he gets is a bit OTT.

:thup:

On the distance covered statistic, does it mention which way he was running?  Presumably backing off covered most of that distance...  :whistle:

:lol: :lol:

If only the Twitterati and the messageboard maniacs did their research before plunging the knife into players from their bedrooms.

Doesn't bother me. Continuing to alienate his readership with comments like that tbh.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17900565.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17900565.jpg

:lol:

The stick he gets reflects on those dishing it out as much as it reflects on him. He's not as bad as some people say and he's a model pro.

The stick I give him comes from the fact that he hasn't improved and doesn't look like improving.

When that's followed up with apps being released, calling other professionals on twitter and his own calls to be in the England squad, it's difficult to stomach.

Danny is a shi fooballer. Really couldnt careless if he runs a lot, tackles a lot or is lucky as fuck to be standing by the post and getting the ball hitting him.

You couldn't care less if one of our defenders gives 100%, makes tackles, and blocks shots on the line?  :lol:

He's no world-beater, but it is amusing that its been decided that Santon is twice the player, despite him having shown bugger all defensively. Hopefully Santon does come good, but it doesn't mean we have to discard Simpson.

The stick he gets reflects on those dishing it out as much as it reflects on him. He's not as bad as some people say and he's a model pro.

You hear that Felipao91. Buuuuuuuurn. :lol:

It is remarkable the contrast between the constant praise he gets from journos and ex-pros, and the vitriol he often inspires on here.

Can't back either camp on this one. Seems a really nice bloke, committed and a model pro, and if he inspired a bit more confidence I'd be inclined to keep him on in some capacity. But I find it really difficult to accept that he's one of the best out there.

Are you for real? Is that really your opinion? You mean because hes a model pro  he doesnt deserve stick? Oh, my bad then lets recall Alan Smith from that loan at Mk Dons, should be starting for us.

Danny is a shit fooballer. Really couldnt careless if he runs a lot, tackles a lot or is lucky as f*** to be standing by the post and getting the ball hitting him.

You couldn't care less if one of our defenders gives 100%, makes tackles, and blocks shots on the line?  :lol:

He's no world-beater, but it is amusing that its been decided that Santon is twice the player, despite him having shown bugger all defensively. Hopefully Santon does come good, but it doesn't mean we have to discard Simpson.

I feel that way because he has no footballing ability. He has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet. I havent said Santon is twice the player or anything anywhere near that to be frank. Williamson and Perchus (before this form) also gave 100% didnt make them great defenders for that. Defending on the line is because he loves backing off, so whenever a cross comes in he has backed off to the goalline. Basically stands there for 90mins every weekend (even the ones when we dont have a game).

He is no Cafu.  :coolsmiley:

Really couldnt careless if he runs a lot, tackles a lot or is lucky as f*** to be standing by the post and getting the ball hitting him. 

Plainly ridiculous statement. He may be no Maldini but he's a decent player defensively especially. A full back standing by the post and blocking shots/headers is not luck.

Really couldnt careless if he runs a lot, tackles a lot or is lucky as f*** to be standing by the post and getting the ball hitting him. 

Plainly ridiculous statement. He may be no Maldini but he's a decent player defensively especially. As a full back standing by the post and blocking shots/headers is not luck.

Aye, you know its an exaggeration, but it might as well have been Ba who had half those clearances had he been standing by the post. His supposedly excellent goal line backing off cost us a point at Anfield.  Danny was excellent against Man Utd, but I rather he didnt backoff so much that he is behind the goalkeeper all the time :thup:

I'd rather Ba was an available attacking option instead of standing on our goal line. I am known to be a bit of a wild child though.

:lol: I rather Simpson was there defending than acting like a 2nd goalkeeper.

I'd rather Ba was an available attacking option instead of standing on our goal line. I am known to be a bit of a wild child though.

I don't know why but this comment has cheered me up no end, it has inspired me to fuck off here and actually do some work. Working during school holidays in a school is no fun after day 1.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Next time he defends on the post, I would rather he cleared the ball away with his head rather than his bicep.

As for Lee Ryder, people have been locked up for less shit than that.