Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Maybe because Simpson doesn't want to stay as a back up player, majority of us would want him to stay as back up and i'm sure Pardew and the staff does too. But like Best and Guthrie before him he doesn't want to be a back up.

Not really his choice is it?  He signed a contract for x number of years and we can do whatever we want with him until it's done.

Even if we get Debuchy I'd keep Simpson around as back up, his ego could use the smack.

I have been in the keep Simpson camp but if that £5m talk was true I would sell.

Maybe because Simpson doesn't want to stay as a back up player, majority of us would want him to stay as back up and i'm sure Pardew and the staff does too. But like Best and Guthrie before him he doesn't want to be a back up.

Not really his choice is it?  He signed a contract for x number of years and we can do whatever we want with him until it's done.

Even if we get Debuchy I'd keep Simpson around as back up, his ego could use the smack.

I have been in the keep Simpson camp but if that £5m talk was true I would sell.

:thup:

Generally when something sounds too good to be true it often is. £5m would be way more than he's actually worth, even adding the 'English' premium to his value.

Then again they need a decent RB for this season and if Simpson fits the bill for them and they're prepared to pay through the nose to get him then let them bid as much as they want. They can't afford to leave it until he's free next summer as their need is urgent. Fucking milk them.

Guest Tyson

Maybe because Simpson doesn't want to stay as a back up player, majority of us would want him to stay as back up

Well you can strike me from the majority group.

Progression-wise Simpson is a flatliner. Save the cover positions for those who have potential, and  eager to impress.

Right now I'd prefer Perch as the 1st back-up option, if you're looking at a straight-up defensive option.

Providing that we sign Debuchy (a balanced defensive-attacking fb, with a learning towards the attacking side) Tavanier would be a suitable understudy. Phase the lad  into the first team, if the team is playing well & confidence is high in the dressing room - it's the best time to blood them.

Simpson loitering around the first team picture (as a go-to-guy, along with Perch re:back-up) stifles the progression of a promising kid like Tavanier.

Maybe because Simpson doesn't want to stay as a back up player, majority of us would want him to stay as back up

Progression-wise Simpson is a flatliner. Save the cover positions for those who have potential, and  eager to impress.

Right now I'd prefer Perch as the 1st back-up option, if you're looking at a straight-up defensive option.

Providing that we sign Debuchy (a balanced defensive-attacking fb, with a learning towards the attacking side) Tavanier would be a suitable understudy. Phase the lad  into the first team, if the team is playing well - it's the best time to blood them.

Simpson loitering around the first team picture (as a go-to-guy, along with Perch re:back-up) stifles the progression of a promising kid like Tavanier.

Didn't think about Tavernier, makes sense tbh. Not like i'm desperate for him to say, like you say with Perch and Tavernier behind. Other fullback options too who can play both sides, it's not like we are lacking options if Simpson were to leave.

But if he were to accept a back up role, i would have no problem with it.

Generally when something sounds too good to be true it often is. £5m would be way more than he's actually worth, even adding the 'English' premium to his value.

Then again they need a decent RB for this season and if Simpson fits the bill for them and they're prepared to pay through the nose to get him then let them bid as much as they want. They can't afford to leave it until he's free next summer as their need is urgent. f***ing milk them.

I don't know why people keep peddling this idea that 5 million is somehow way too much for him. I'd say it's pretty much the going rate for your mid twenties, average Premiership player.

Providing that we sign Debuchy (a balanced defensive-attacking fb, with a learning towards the attacking side) Tavanier would be a suitable understudy. Phase the lad  into the first team, if the team is playing well - it's the best time to blood them.

As said, if we were getting £5m I would be happy for him to go, if we were getting a piddly sum I would rather keep him for a year on the bench and allow Tavernier a season getting more experience under his belt.

Considering his contract is out in a year it's good money. I'm more concerned at the loss of Guthrie to be honest, hopefully Bigi or Amalfitano can step up.

Anyway, if Simpson is wanting a starter's salary then he'll want a starting place in the team. The club won't pay him a first team wage just to sit on the bench and be cover. So he'll have to get his first team football (and wage) elsewhere.

I'd happily keep him as backup if the player was up for that, I don't think he's a bad player, just average.

Guest BooBoo

The criticism of Simpson has bordered on the silly. He's a bog standard PL player. Mr 6/10. He's never going to set the world alight but he's been a decent servant and played a big part in picking the club up off it's arse.

If he goes, so be it. He'll not get a hero's welcome back but I'll wish him well.

The criticism of Simpson has bordered on the silly. He's a bog standard PL player. Mr 6/10. He's never going to set the world alight but he's been a decent servant and played a big part in picking the club up off it's arse.

If he goes, so be it. He'll not get a hero's welcome back but I'll wish him well.

Guest Archie

He is not bad, just incredible mediocre with the heart of a pea. We can do better so we will.

Door,hit,out.

Guest bimpy474

I cant do it, i cant say he is good, i cant even say he is average. He is fanny, utter fanny, he is slow, cant tackle and his passing is as poor as you get in the premiership.

His brain doesn't work, ie taking a throw in at Arsenal high up the pitch knowing you are injured and cant get back.

Yes he played in a team that finished 5th, Nicky Butt played in a team that won cups galore as did Alan Smith.....better players were around them. The same for Danny, i cant get even praise him for the clearances of the line, thats his fecking job to defend.

Ahhh i've just got the hump tonight, taking on Danny boy, he still utter fanny though.

Guest BooBoo

He is not bad, just incredible mediocre with the heart of a pea. We can do better so we will.

Door,hit,out.

I think you can question he ability but not his heart/ effort. Really don't know where you get that from.

Guest BooBoo

I cant do it, i cant say he is good, i cant even say he is average. He is fanny, utter fanny, he is slow, cant tackle and his passing is as poor as you get in the premiership.

His brain doesn't work, ie taking a throw in at Arsenal high up the pitch knowing you are injured and cant get back.

Yes he played in a team that finished 5th, Nicky Butt played in a team that won cups galore as did Alan Smith.....better players were around them. The same for Danny, i cant get even praise him for the clearances of the line, thats his fecking job to defend.

Ahhh i've just got the hump tonight, taking on Danny boy, he still utter fanny though.

Nicky Butt was a cracking player at Man Utd. Ridiculous to even suggest otherwise.

Guest bimpy474

Nicky Butt was a cracking player at Man Utd. Ridiculous to even suggest otherwise.

Shit for us would suggest he was better playing with better players, not that he was one of the better players.

Guest bimpy474

arguably one of England's best players at WC 2002 as well.

So said Pele but he was distracted by his permanent stiffy, and he also said a African team would have won the World Cup by now....no blood in his brain as it all flowed to his penis, explains those two statements.

Guest BooBoo

Butt wouldn't have been a part of Man Utd's side for so long if he wasn't a top player. He was clearly past his best for us but still showed in 07/08 that he had something to offer.

Butt wouldn't have been a part of Man Utd's side for so long if he wasn't a top player. He was clearly past his best for us but still showed in 07/08 that he had something to offer.

Not arguing against Butt's quality in his prime, but Man Utd had O'Shea and Brown in their defense for many many years. does'nt automatically mean they are top players though.

Guest BooBoo

Again, it would be churlish not to admit that Brown and O'Shea are good players. Unfortunately for them, they've always been far too prone to injuries.

Guest bimpy474

Not arguing against Butt's quality in his prime, but Man Utd had O'Shea and Brown in their defense for many many years. does'nt automatically mean they are top players though.

You just nicked my next post, especially Brown.....well played sir.