Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

After seeing first-hand Thomas torturing him for 90 mins on Monday, I can't honestly say I'm too excited by this. As others have said, if he's going to crumble against Jerome Thomas then we'll have to prepare ourselves for far better players to target him next year.  :undecided:

Very low-risk. Very low ambition. Very 'safe' transfer. :neutral:

fwiw he looked poor whenever I saw him for Man Utd & Blackburn. I rememeber him getting dragged off at half time against us at Old Trafford after Pienaar went past him at will for 45mins.

You'll need better if/when you get promoted.

After seeing first-hand Thomas torturing him for 90 mins on Monday, I can't honestly say I'm too excited by this. As others have said, if he's going to crumble against Jerome Thomas then we'll have to prepare ourselves for far better players to target him next year.  :undecided:

fwiw he looked poor whenever I saw him for Man Utd & Blackburn. I rememeber him getting dragged off at half time against us at Old Trafford after Pienaar went past him at will for 45mins.

You've got by with Hibbert?

Not saying it's gospel or owt but as I've said before my one Blackburn supporting mate said he was one of their best players last season. He knows his football and i fully expect him to be able to at least pull his weight in the premiership.

Weirdly my mate who's a Rovers fan thought he was worse than shite for them and that Khiz would do much better for us / was better for them. He's still learning the game though, not had that much first team football yet. Warnock was a late-ish (ie about 24) bloomer too, there's plenty of time.

Did Simpson not get sent home by Blackburn in January?

Thought Khiz was half-decent at RB, tbh.

Yeah, he was decent against Ipswich. Didn't look very composed when Taylor and Colo were missing though, and he's a CB by trade I think.

Probably just shit, then.

Not saying it's gospel or owt but as I've said before my one Blackburn supporting mate said he was one of their best players last season. He knows his football and i fully expect him to be able to at least pull his weight in the premiership.

Weirdly my mate who's a Rovers fan thought he was worse than s**** for them and that Khiz would do much better for us / was better for them. He's still learning the game though, not had that much first team football yet. Warnock was a late-ish (ie about 24) bloomer too, there's plenty of time.

Did Simpson not get sent home by Blackburn in January?

We had this same conversation when Simpson originally signed.

I for some daft reason thought he was on loan at the end of last season though. :dontknow:

You've got by with Hibbert?

:lol: Fair point.

I think Hibbo, for all his failings, is a more solid defender than Simpson though.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Hibbert is sh*t.

I am well pleased with this signing i've been very impressed with Simpsons performances and attitude/effort. Clearly has passion for the club with his previous statements too.

With him and Enrique as full-backs and Stevie Taylor as at least 1 solid CB, we look to have a good defence if we ever get someone good to partner Taylor.

Great signing, on with the charge! WOARR

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/exclusive-danny-delight-after-sealing-toon-future-20100121_2240137_1939659

Exclusive: Danny Delight After Sealing Toon Future

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United ace Danny Simpson has spoken of his delight after penning a three-and-a-half-year deal at St.James' Park.

Simpson, a self-confessed junior journeyman with six clubs to his name by the age of 22, made permanent his move to Gallowgate this week following a successful loan stint.

And, speaking to nufcTV from the club's training ground, the likeable defender said he was ready to make Tyneside his home having been on the move for the past four years.

"I'm absolutely delighted," he said, "I've wanted this move ever since I walked in the door back in August - I've loved every minute.

"It's hard when you're going from club to club. This is the first place where it's really felt like home and to secure my future here is all I've ever wanted.

"I can't wait now for the rest of the season and helping to put this club back where it belongs.

"We've had a good start but the job is only half done and I'm happy I'm here to help finish it.

"It would have been awful having to watch the lads on TV for the rest of the season having been part of it, so I'm delighted that's not the case."

Kind words.

Aye, nice to hear.

I've said on a couple of occassions - Hughton was a right-back; if he's got anything about him, he'll be an ideal tutor - you would think. I know Simpson struggled massively on Monday night... but - and this all ties in with the lack of balance we've got - when you consider when teams attack down our left side, there's Enrique, Jonas and Coloccini who counter. Simpson had nowt but himself the other night, largely because Guthrie isn't a winger and doesn't have that great an engine.

Simpson's comfortable in this league, definitely needs to improve, but i'd still probably have him as first choice next year. But like all of our defenders, if we don't sign some better protection infront of them, we'll get absolutely pissed on. And Simpson will probably stand out as the worst effected.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Will get torn to shreads by the likes of Young and Arshavin.

We don't need to worry about them if we get promoted. Considering the amount of money we'll get from Ashley, we'll be in a relegation fight through out the season, the bottom seven or eight teams players are the ones we'll need to worry about

Guest toonlass

Don't know if its really him but Caulkin and others follow him on twitter:

dannysimpson22

so happy i am now settled, 3 n a half years as a geordie :) its time 2 start house hunting

Aye it is him.

Don't know if its really him but Caulkin and others follow him on twitter:

dannysimpson22

so happy i am now settled, 3 n a half years as a geordie :) its time 2 start house hunting

I don't know why he'd need to, he lives in a swanky city centre penthouse at the minute.

Rents a swanky city centre penthouse at the moment maybe?

Guest toonlass

he's said things lately to suggest he's a really canny guy who is genuinely happy to be here. that always warms my heart  :aww:

That'll be knocked out of him quick enough.