Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Can't wait til he's gone, one of the main players holding us back along with Williamson. Offers nothing going forward and very average defensively. Hope a club treats us and takes him off our hands in January so we don't have to wait until the summer.

Can't wait til he's gone, one of the main players holding us back along with Williamson. Offers nothing going forward and very average defensively. Hope a club treats us and takes him off our hands in January so we don't have to wait until the summer.

Would you trust the club to replace him if we sold him in January? I wouldn't.

Anita is improving there I think. One of his few outright impressive traits in the Premiership so far is his reading of the game IMO. Similar anticipatory skill as Perch without the Scott Parker-esque desperation to lunge at any available opportunity.

I like Tav there tbh, but he's obviously very green. Could do with sending him on loan this season. He's not yet good enough to play in any competition for us. Maybe once Raylor is back (which I am very much looking forward to!)

Guest Rey Mysterio

I'm about to go to sleep so can't be bothered for a debate but there is literally not one thing that Simpson does better than Perch.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Simpson has been shit since the day we signed him. Perch used to be poor and has improved greatly, superior in every department other than bedding slappers off the telly.

Simpson has been s*** since the day we signed him. Perch used to be poor and has improved greatly, superior in every department other than bedding slappers off the telly.

I see you have forgotten the Everton game where Perch was raped so hard he had to move positions :lol:

Perch is better technically but that's where he stops, Simpson is much better defensively i use to feel the same way but the amount of times i have seen Perch at RB this season and perform badly has made me change my stance.

It's not like he offers anything going forward either.

Simpson is a decent, defensive fullback. However he offers nothing going forward as he just gets the ball, panics, and turns round to pass it back to the nearest DC.

This wouldn't be a problem if the rest of the team was great going forward. But they're not. So Simpson's failings are exaggerated and he becomes a microcosm for the team as a whole, and accordingly he gets a disportionate amount of blame.

I'd love to see us replace him with someone better, but I don't want to see us sell him just for the sake of it as that benefits nobody. In an ideal world, I'd buy a left back and move Santon over to his proper position on the right, where all right footed wide players should play to enable them to deliver a cross properly.

I'm not confident we'll replace him if he goes.  We seem to have a one out, one in policy, or just a random policy which sees us target bargains, as oppose to positions we actually need.

I can see us getting rid and trying for someone like Debuchy for weeks.  Then complaining at the last minute, saying how we couldn't "get him over the line" or "that the goalposts moved and we couldn't do the deal."  Leaving us with no right back. 

I don't rate Simpson, but sadly, he is our best choice at the minute.