Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

Most people wish he'd stay 23, that way they could excuse all of his errors.

I have to say, it's amusing how you excuse Coloccini's errors yet jump on Taylor's. I wouldn't say there was much between them, and as I said earlier I hope they can form a decent partnership should we keep both.

Taylor had 5 years in the premiership man. Coloccini had 1 behind one of the worst midfields the division will ever see.

He also had to partner Cacapa every now & again.

I have to say, it's amusing how you excuse Coloccini's errors yet jump on Taylor's. I wouldn't say there was much between them, and as I said earlier I hope they can form a decent partnership should we keep both.

Taylor had 5 years in the premiership man. Coloccini had 1 behind one of the worst midfields the division will ever see.

Just proved my point, thanks.

Hardly an excuse is it? It's a valid reason why one shouldn't be making the same mistakes.

Twice?

Hardly an excuse is it? It's a valid reason why one shouldn't be making the same mistakes.

Well the other is supposedly a £10m-rated international, pretty much the finished article yet made plenty mistakes of his own. Yet you excuse one and not the other.

As I said, I don't have a particular preference, it just makes me laugh the lengths you'll go to criticise Taylor whilst at the same time defending Coloccini - even if both were as good or bad as each other.

Well the other is supposedly a £10m-rated international, pretty much the finished article yet made plenty mistakes of his own. Yet you excuse one and not the other.

As I said, I don't have a particular preference, it just makes me laugh the lengths you'll go to criticise Taylor whilst at the same time defending Coloccini - even if both were as good or bad as each other.

I haven't criticsed Taylor for over 6 months.

I haven't criticsed Taylor for over 6 months.

Why not?

Twice?

Even the greats like Colo are going to get dragged down playing next to someone as shit as Cacapa i.e the Fulham game.

What was the other game?

Twice?

Even the greats like Colo are going to get dragged down playing next to someone as s*** as Cacapa i.e the Fulham game.

What was the other game?

Sorry, thought you meant Taylor, who didn't start with Cacapa very often.

Cacapa and Coloccini started twice or maybe 3 times together, including the Everton 2-2.

Twice?

Even the greats like Colo are going to get dragged down playing next to someone as s*** as Cacapa i.e the Fulham game.

What was the other game?

Sorry

No problem Craig as you are rapidly replying in 3 threads to about 6 different people O0

Colo took a year or so to settle with Depor, the fans said this to us on their forum at the time. People that watched La Liga and were familiar with him said this at the time. He had a pretty rubbish first season, but I can't really think of any other players that didn't have a rubbish one with us... hence the relegation. Also having 3 or so managers in a season can't be the most helpful transition.

He's coming alright now about a year on... the technical side and speed is way below par in this league but it's more physical and Colo is slowly adapting well. Always rated him although I did struggle to defend him a fair few times last season.

it would be interesting to see how colccini performs in the prem and see if last season was a settling in thing.

If he'd been completely out of his depth all season, I wouldn't harbour much hope, but from my view he looked every inch the international centreback that we thought we were getting at the beginning, but as the games piled up and the results/chaos surrounding the club worsened, he began to look like someone who had played every minute of every game.

Once the crowd had him down as a 'flop' then there was really no way back for him last season.

I'd have loved to have seen him next to Faye, I think against the bigger strikers he struggles, but with the smaller technical ones he's very good. Problem was last season he always got turned far too easily and didn't have the pace to get back.

When we defend deep he is at his best imo.

I worry that if he had a few bad games in the prem, then the crowd would get on his back very quickly and he would lose his confidence again.

However, it would be ashame to replace a player who has built up alot of confidence and understanding in the last four months for someone who may not be any better.

Would be a very annoying to see us sell our most improved player.Looking back now on last season now Is there any real  surprise that he didnt settle in with the state the club was in.When you look at other foreign players now at other clubs alot of the time they mightened have a great first season but improve after that,e.g Patrice Evra.

I would bet my bottom dollar that fat ash will cash in on him this january and probably jonas aswell. They are both high earners and could get him some wedge.

I am still dubious about the times colo gets turned when he's close to his man, doesn't strike me as international class at all despite th fact he has been a million times better this season than last (are teams a million times worse in th wcdhgccdw?).

Let him go, and get Kilgallon in, we can't afford his wages, and even though he's got better this season, I still don't know weather or not he would be good enough for the Premiership.

We aren't in the premiership yet.

Let him go, and get Kilgallon in, we can't afford his wages, and even though he's got better this season, I still don't know weather or not he would be good enough for the Premiership.

We aren't in the premiership yet.

No were not, but that has to be the aim, and if we arn't in the Premiership, then why keep a players on a Champions League team wage packet?