Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

I think most retro shirts look quite decent, but there's something about that 96 one, just looks dead naff and cheap. Shame we weren't still with Adidas so we could get a proper remake of it.

Had a look around the club shop yesterday, yeah the 96 one looked a bit meh. Having said that I'll probably buy one.

The 94/95 one was great though.

That 94 one is class, I'm getting one of those,  though I wish you could get the McEwans sponsor instead even though it tore off easier than a sluts panties. Still got my 95-97 one n'all. Bit stained. Gutted I lost my green and blue striped one with Kitson on.

http://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/images/zoom/new94ts_z.jpg

Beautiful!

I grabbed one of the 95-97 ones off ebay about 3 years ago for less than a tenner, in good nick too.

Might get the 94 or 84 one off the site soon.

I lost my 95-97 one. :( Not that it'd be much use these days, I was, like, 6 so I don't think it'd fit me now. (f*** off Ali)

:spit:

Tbf you probabaly could have squeezed into it still :laugh:

:lol: Fuck off. Who knows, may have been able to fit it over my head still, probably wouldn't have managed it past the rock hard pecs and rippling abs, though.

Shame they dont have the kit manufacturers on, look strange without them... still wouldnt mind the 94 home blue star kit in XXXL - but its currently out of stock, hope they get some!

How daft would you have to be to stump up £28 for that Granddad-collar shirt? About a minute's search on the internet and you'll find the real thing going for £5-10.

been buying loads of shirts I had as a kid in adult sizes recently on ebay.  You can get most for £5-10, but no chance with the grandad collar one.  You're looking at £25 minimum.

Haven't looked elsewhere but yeah, the grandad collar is rare on EBay from what I've seen. Peeked earlier during this conversation and there's a small on there Buy it Now £26. Also XL Ginola/Shearer name and numbered ones going for fifty fucking notes. :lol: Not including £6 postage.

Greatest ever GK top:

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/customphp/gifthumb.php?img=http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/media/catalog/product/N/e/Newcastle-96-GK-Orange.gif&w=265&h=265

Had that when I was a bairn. Didn't realise at the time how fucking great it is. Would be class if we could see a return of it, it's so bloody good.

Tremedous is that one, but the best keeper one was the purple one with the golden horseshoe on it imo. Always wanted that. Think it must've got about one appearance. Seem to remember Perez wearing it somewhere.

Tremedous is that one, but the best keeper one was the purple one with the golden horseshoe on it imo. Always wanted that. Think it must've got about one appearance. Seem to remember Perez wearing it somewhere.

Got a picture of that one? Can't remember it at all tbh.