Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not a fan of Shola, but at 20 he was a year away from scoring goals in the champions leage. Carroll scores less than 1 in 4 in the championship.

But then again you can't compare the players Shola had next to him to the ones Carroll have.

I'm not defending Carroll, im just saying, Robert and Solano is not the same as Nolan and Butt

Yeah one's wingers and one's centre mids.

Not a fan of Shola, but at 20 he was a year away from scoring goals in the champions leage. Carroll scores less than 1 in 4 in the championship.

He did score goals in the champions league but Carroll has never been given an opportunity in one of the most attacking teams in europe and in one of the best teams in the premiership has he?

At least the lad has gone about it in the right way. He's unhappy so he's slapped in a transfer request at the earliest possible opportunity. He's not digging his heels in or feigning injury to get out of playing. He's not going through the motions he's doing the professional thing and it's nice to see. :)

Puts the likes of Given to shame.

He did score goals in the champions league but Carroll has never been given an opportunity in one of the most attacking teams in europe and in one of the best teams in the premiership has he?

So you don't think a 21 year old Shola is capable of more than 4 goals in this league?

But then again you can't compare the players Shola had next to him to the ones Carroll have.

I'm not defending Carroll, im just saying, Robert and Solano is not the same as Nolan and Butt

Eh, f*** off alright? ;) Yes but Solano and Robert Speed Jenas isnt the same as Jonas Guthrie Nolan Smith.

Better?

How many assists has Carroll got this year?.. how many times has he been played up front alone? 

Shola has been a 1 goal in 4 games striker for most of his career.  As people have said he was also playing alongside better players.. that could actually create chances.

So you don't think a 21 year old Shola is capable of more than 4 goals in this league?

In the end we can just wait and see what happens to Carroll right? Feel unnecessary to speculate now of what might be and what might have been.

A 26 year old Ameobi got 0 in 6 matches in the Championship.  :p

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/South_Park_DVD/south_park_imaginationland_show_image__1_.jpg

Eh, f*** off alright? ;) Yes but Solano and Robert Speed Jenas isnt the same as Jonas Guthrie Nolan Smith.

Better?

Yeah sorry mate. I agree with the point you're making.

Just being picky  :fishing:

In this team, no.

So you don't think a 21 year old Carroll would have scored more with the likes of Nobby and Robert whipping in crosses?

As someone said before Ameobi has had his chance and has proved himself shite. Carroll has not.

Carroll hasn't even proved himself to be a championship player yet. At least Shola is good enough where we are.

IMO Carroll has been excellent for us this season, he's caused problems for every defence he has come against and been one of the main reason why we are top of the league.

I respect the fact that goals are important, especially for a striker, however Carroll offers something different.

We are all entitled to our opinion though.

Carroll hasn't even proved himself to be a championship player yet. At least Shola is good enough where we are.

I do agree with that (somewhat so) but I do think we need to plan for the future now.  I don't think Ameobi is going to benefit the side in the premiership what so ever.  Carroll and Ranger may not either but we need to try and develop this season to see if their potential will go anywhere with some more regular football.  We know we aren't going to spend big next summer for a good striker (fair assumption I believe) and so we need to use the resources we have.  Currently we have two decently talented young strikers who maybe could be prem strikers.  I'm not saying drop Ameobi and say bye bye but giving the other a fair crack of the whip is important and to say that the idea of playing Carroll ahead of Ameobi is somewhat ridiculous is not true and really quite condescending.

I hope this IS ITK :lol:

NUFC_Fan

Under 15's Youth Player

Posted 06 January 2010 08:21 PM Hide Post

Hi lads... as a Newcastle fan I am over the moon we are getting Beckford, its a double boost for us though as the word up here in the North East is that the deal is done, £1mill + Nicky Butt.

http://silverfox.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2126055102/m/354102335

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Nice to know that they all think Leeds is a bigger club then us, and the guy who posted that about Nicky Butt going the other way is wrong, no word of it up here untill we saw his post on that website. Good to know that he has a bit of wishful thinking though.