Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest gggg

26 year old who struggled to hold down a place in a League 1 side.....  :dontknow:

He must be some player if he scored the most goals in the country over the last three years while struggling to hold down a place.  :cheesy:

We don't need many additions at all. What we need is our squad not to get injured all at once again.

Our first 14 games were poor, but as 2 defeats in 24 games after that tells you, we're a rather good team when we have our good players playing.

You think your strikeforce is up to much though?

I'd like another quality striker, yes, but what I'm saying is we can survive without buying one. If I'm being greedy I want a few more quality players but we barely have the money for one let alone a few, so we have to be content with what we've got, and in my opinion we have every reason to be so.

Our strikeforce isn't mint but it's not exactly bad. Regardless we've shown we don't really rely on goals from the front because we have players who chip in from midfield regularly.

We don't need many additions at all. What we need is our squad not to get injured all at once again.

Our first 14 games were poor, but as 2 defeats in 24 games after that tells you, we're a rather good team when we have our good players playing.

Two decent strikers better than what we already have. A speedy central midfielder. A right back as a matter of urgency.

Those are the bare minimum we need.

Two decent strikers better than what we already have. A speedy central midfielder. A right back as a matter of urgency.

We'll give you Tony Hibbert.

Don't pull that trick on us.  :lol:

Already got a shit scouse right back though.

I agree, especially as you don't really have the money either, but Beckford? You can't be happy wasting wages and a squad number on him.

We'll get more of a return out of Beckford than we have from Vaughan over the last few years.

Even if he doesn't quite cut it in the Prem, he'll be available for selection far more often and earn his wages rather than having his own personal treatment table.

26 year old who struggled to hold down a place in a League 1 side.....  :dontknow:

He must be some player if he scored the most goals in the country over the last three years while struggling to hold down a place.  :cheesy:

How many games did he play in the arse end of the season?

All of em.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=43629

I don't research his stats but living in Leeds I know for a fact he was dropped after not scoring for a while and when Leeds went through that  shit patch. I'm not going that up with links bu IM sure he was benched for a month or so.

Regardless, he's a massive c**t and thats being kind to the wannabe so I'll slander him all day long

Guest gggg

He made three sub appearances. Not bad for three years.

Have you got a reason for him being a 'massive cunt' or just following the crowd?

He'll do well for Everton and will not be a waste of wages as someone on here has said. The two things you cannot deny about Beckford are that he has a lot of pace and is a good finisher. I like his chances with the quality of players, midfielders especially, in that Everton squad. His workrate can be a bit suspect at times, but Moyes will be good for him from that standpoint. I doubt he can be any lazier than Yakubu is.

He made three sub appearances. Not bad for three years.

Have you got a reason for him being a 'massive c***' or just following the crowd?

The main reason I actually detest the man, is that elbow on that keeper (Can't remember the game, may have been MIillwalls keeper) from a corner.

It was a blatant swing of his elbow, not a small raise of it, but a thrust into his face, and he knew it. Worse than that however was the interview he gave in the tunnel after, claiming he didn't see it or was unaware, smirking like a f**king dirty little charver thinking he was big and clever. absolute c**t of the highest proportions.

He always swaggered around as if he was something special in Leeds too, with his shit wannabe gangster tattoos and his awful voice and lack of knowledge. And he goes to Love Dough and Gatecrasher and other horrendous places in Leeds.

When you add it all up, he's a massive C**T!!!!!!!!

He'll do well for Everton and will not be a waste of wages as someone on here has said. The two things you cannot deny about Beckford are that he has a lot of pace and is a good finisher. I like his chances with the quality of players, midfielders especially, in that Everton squad. His workrate can be a bit suspect at times, but Moyes will be good for him from that standpoint. I doubt he can be any lazier than Yakubu is.

He most certainly is. He doesn't have "a lot of pace" either. He's quick like Lovenkrands is quick. Nippy off the mark but by no means a strong runner.

He most certainly is. He doesn't have "a lot of pace" either. He's quick like Lovenkrands is quick. Nippy off the mark but by no means a strong runner.

Correct.

I don't think he's a brilliant finisher either. He's scored a lot because what he's come up against has been gash, he doesn't have to work much for his return. He'll really struggle in the box in the Prem where 90% of his game has been played

The main reason I actually detest the man, is that elbow on that keeper (Can't remember the game, may have been MIillwalls keeper) from a corner.

It was a blatant swing of his elbow, not a small raise of it, but a thrust into his face, and he knew it. Worse than that however was the interview he gave in the tunnel after, claiming he didn't see it or was unaware, smirking like a f**king dirty little charver thinking he was big and clever. absolute c**t of the highest proportions.

I get why you dislike Shearer, but what about Beckford!!

I'd be suprised if he starts more than 10 games. Back up behind Saha and the Yak and Everton rarely play with more than 1 striker as is the strength and depth of their midfield. Not a player I'd want upfront on his own from what limited I've seen of him.

At 21 he was on loan at Uxbridge. I'd say he's currently overachieving massively.

My guess with Beckford is that he hasn't really pushed himself. He's preferred to be a big fish in a small pond. Everton will be a different challenge altogether and he may now be mature enough to rise to it.

Leeds aren't a small pond though, he's was a big player in the best team in League One (basically) and got fantastic service. At Everton he won't get nearly as many chances to score, he'll flop.