Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

The sticking point is probably Beckford wanting to play against Man United on Sunday.

i'd doubt it. why would he risk the possibility of playing against prem teams week in and out for a one off cup game ?

It's a huge game for Leeds, Bates will want him to feature so Leeds have a better chance of getting through than they would without him. Doubt it would go down well with the fans if they sold their big striker before a huge game, would be like us selling Ameobi before a game against the mackems.

The chances of him getting injured are just the same as in any other game, and he'd be cup-tied for our match against Plymouth so why not sort out the deal after the game tomorrow?

but you said he'd want to play then you've gave reasons why leeds would want him to play.

I am interested to see him play against top opposition, but I would prefer to see him in a black and white shirt as soon as possible.

The sticking point is probably Beckford wanting to play against Man United on Sunday.

i'd doubt it. why would he risk the possibility of playing against prem teams week in and out for a one off cup game ?

It's a huge game for Leeds, Bates will want him to feature so Leeds have a better chance of getting through than they would without him. Doubt it would go down well with the fans if they sold their big striker before a huge game, would be like us selling Ameobi before a game against the mackems.

The chances of him getting injured are just the same as in any other game, and he'd be cup-tied for our match against Plymouth so why not sort out the deal after the game tomorrow?

but you said he'd want to play then you've gave reasons why leeds would want him to play.

I am interested to see him play against top opposition, but I would prefer to see him in a black and white shirt as soon as possible.

if there is any truth in it i'd want his next game to be for us.

Allan Clarke's thoughts on Beckford's ability and he reckons he should stay at Leeds because ..."Let's face it, Leeds are far bigger than Newcastle"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2791080/Allan-Clarke-Jermaine-Beckford-wont-cut-it.html

and bizzarely allan clarke was one of those players i always loathed and seemingly the rest of SJP as special abuse was saved for him (i remember brian kidd, vic halom and duncan Mackenzie getting similar)

I don't particularly want a petulant 26 year old who has never played above the third division.

I have to say I'd be much more comfortable with the prospect if he was two or three years younger.

beckford as we dont need more trouble makers

Beckford isn't ?

What trouble has he been in? I asked this earlier up the thread and nobody could really provide anything.

Don't know anything about off the pitch. But last season he elbowed a goalkeeper and it looked like no accident. He was asked about it in the post match interview.... he came across like a right twat and just denied it all.

Guest Phil K

beckford as we dont need more trouble makers

Beckford isn't ?

What trouble has he been in? I asked this earlier up the thread and nobody could really provide anything.

A couple of old, old sayings apply here I think - "There's no smoke without fire" and "Throw enough mud, and some will stick"

Pays your money, takes your choice.

Guest Phil K

Those sayings are attributed to Keith Lard in that episode of Phoenix Nights, but I haven't got a f***ing clue what you mean by them in here.

Er...you refering to "no smoke without fire" etc ?

That was from "Phoenix Nights" was it ?

You really believe that ? Seriously ?

And Dave - why so confused ?

You never read ANY negatives about the lad, and his disagreements with Leeds in the rags ?

You're the one making claims that he's a troublecauser. I'm simply asking for some examples, it's not for me to go finding them.

I didn't say there are no negatives, I'm wondering where people are getting the opinion from that he's particularly bad news.

Those sayings are attributed to Keith Lard in that episode of Phoenix Nights, but I haven't got a f***ing clue what you mean by them in here.

:lol: fuck me, I said those two quotes were "attributed" to keith Lard in Phoenix Nights, not "invented" or "originated". The main point of that post was "What the fuck are you talking about, you drooling braindead?"

And you still haven't answered that properly, or the question put to you by Dave.

Guest Phil K

You're the one making claims that he's a troublecauser. I'm simply asking for some examples, it's not for me to go finding them.

I didn't say there are no negatives, I'm wondering where people are getting the opinion from that he's particularly bad news.

I'm making no such claims.

I said two opposites may apply, the two sayings meaning OPPOSITES not the same thing, and you make your own choice, which you clearly have.

:lol: f*** me, I said those two quotes were "attributed" to keith Lard in Phoenix Nights, not "invented" or "originated". The main point of that post was "What the f*** are you talking about, you drooling braindead?"

And you still haven't answered that properly, or the question put to you by Dave.

You said they were "attributed  to" some bloke from  Phoenix Nights. *

And I'd been called through for my grub by my wife, hence no quick answer.

Talking out of your arrogant arse may be what you usually do, but you've really outdone yourself this time !

I made what i thought was quite a plain comment - that he is or he isn't - make your own mind up

You're such a mouthy pillock you dived straight in without having a clue what was said.

But then so did Dave, so you're not alone.  :rolleyes:

I REPEAT for those like yourself - he is, or he isn't. Make your own mind up

In your case, what passes for a mind.

* have a little check on what "attributed to" actually MEANS, P.P. - "belonging to" being one.

I don't particularly want a petulant 26 year old who has never played above the third division.

I have to say I'd be much more comfortable with the prospect if he was two or three years younger.

Don't see it as an issue myself. He sounds like he's just coming into his 'peak' if you like, which would make sense given it is generally 27/28 for strikers. If the fee comes to something along the lines of £2m then it's fucking good business given the context. A free-scoring English forward in his prime? Regardless of what division he's in, we'll be getting a good deal if it's anything like the fees banded about.

That's if we're in for him at all, obviously.

Today was simply another testament to the fact we need someone to fucking score some goals.

Guest Phil K

Today was simply another testament to the fact we need someone to f***ing score some goals.

Well, we are scoring, just not converting too many chances and not outscoring the opposition at the moment.

You can fuck right off sending me PM's, Phil.

It's bad enough that you post drivel which makes no sense without posting it in riddles and proverbs too. Also, for the third time, I'm well aware that you weren't referring to Peter Kay in your post, that was a popular culture reference and a joke.

For the final time: what has Beckford done to be branded a troublemaker? Concrete information please, not guesswork or ITK shite.