Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i think the reason why he hasnt moved to prem team is because i think they have doubts if he could do it against the best, know he has showed he can (i know its just one goal) i feel they will become more interested and make a move.

I hope im wrong as would love us to sign him but i dont think its anywhere near a done deal and feel we will have strong competition.

I'm pretty sure that Bates is playing him today in the hope that a good performance will see other teams enter the bidding.

Or simply the fact he's a Leeds United player and Leeds have a match, so he plays.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him, but going on this game alone I see no reason why he can't get goals in the Championship, and likely against the lower teams in the Premiership too. Seems fast, decent touch, reasonably strong. Nothing amazing, but a decent enough striker that would improve our team imo.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him, but going on this game alone I see no reason why he can't get goals in the Championship, and likely against the lower teams in the Premiership too. Seems fast, decent touch, reasonably strong. Nothing amazing, but a decent enough striker that would improve our team imo.

Agreed. Doesn't really get too involved in general play as he stays high up the pitch, but when he does get it to feet he seems comfortable and composed. Looks a very confident player in general.

First time ive watched him, his movement is very good. Always on the shoulder of a defender or pulling away into space.

The kind of player that would do well off through balls really, which isnt a strong point for us.

First time ive watched him, his movement is very good. Always on the shoulder of a defender or pulling away into space.

The kind of player that would do well off through balls really, which isnt a strong point for us.

Aye, that's the problem when you consider we're not going to change our midfield according to Hughton. Say what you like about Leeds but they can fucking pass the ball well.

Guest michaelfoster

You cant really judge a player just on today mind, this would of been like a cup final for Leeds so he would of been fired up.

He will probably come here and do rubbish and the forum will all say they didnt want him anyway

There's been a few times this year when the striker alongside either Caroll, Shola or Ranger hasn't picked up the scraps and played on defensive frailties and I think JB could do that well for us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Beckford scoring today and generally having a good game will not be good for us and our chances of getting him.

I personally hope he has a stinker

:(

Not a chance we'll get him now. Matchwinner at Old Trafford? The asking price just tripled.

Have to agree. If he was coming here I doubt they would have played him and cup-tied him before sending him off.