Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we get him will he get the 9? There's a lot of pressure straight away if he does get it

We should only give the coveted jeresy to a person who really wants it. If a person have broad shoulder and say I want that number 9 shirt we should give it.

:toke:

If we get him will he get the 9? There's a lot of pressure straight away if he does get it

We should only give the coveted jeresy to a person who really wants it. If a person have broad shoulder and say I want that number 9 shirt we should give it.

so what if shola says he wants it.......................................

He knows his capability...

he may not be perfect, but im really excited. we're spending MONEY on a player who isn't past it and we're top of the league  :celb:

We're paying £2-3M for a player who's 26 and still playing in League 1. When Leeds were in the Championship they loaned him out to League 1 sides.

He may turn out to be half decent, but it's hardly spending money on an exciting young prospect.

I'm not as excited as some over this potential transfer. I'm always weary when a striker has to make a step up in the division. For 3M and given our limited funds, I see this as a risky deal which has a 50/50 chance of success. Yes he scored against Man U,  but I'm not convinced that he can do that on a regular basis in the Championship let alone the Premiership.

Guest sittingontheball

I wonder how many strikers "not good enough for the Premier League" score against both Liverpool (he wasn't offside) and ManUre in the same season. With only one crack at each.

I've only seen parts of those two games and that twenty-goal compilation on Youtube, but he looks like more than "just a finisher". For all of the pretty stuff Leeds play, some of the goals in that compilation and the ManUre goal are simple long balls over the top. Something even our lads are capable of! Its his own pace and anticipation that are turning them into actual chances.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are prima donna issues, but I still say sign him up!

he may not be perfect, but im really excited. we're spending MONEY on a player who isn't past it and we're top of the league  :celb:

We're paying £2-3M for a player who's 26 and still playing in League 1. When Leeds were in the Championship they loaned him out to League 1 sides.

He may turn out to be half decent, but it's hardly spending money on an exciting young prospect.

He was pretty shit until he went out on loan to Scunthorpe. Since then he's never looked back.

I've not seem him play, only on the dreaded youtube, but first impressions of his goals on there are that he reminds me a bit of Cole. The main problem would be our severe lack of a Pedro or infact any creativity at all to set up chances for him.

Guest Phil K

I'd sell Ameobi and get Beckford and some remotely creative player - George Boyd, Chris Cohen or Kris Commons

Aye, we're struggling to score goals so lets sell our best striker, ingenius.

Yep, Ren - thought I was the only one to see the bleeding obvious on the subject of Shola. (Which is pretty depressing isn't it ?)

Well said, Bro - totally mystified by some of the posts on Ameobi.

Guest icemanblue

I'd sell Ameobi and get Beckford and some remotely creative player - George Boyd, Chris Cohen or Kris Commons

Yep, Ren - thought I was the only one to see the bleeding obvious on the subject of Shola. (Which is pretty depressing isn't it ?)

:gayfight:

Yea ok, selling him now would be a massive gamble. I actually like the guy but despite his current fine form, he's been injured for at least 3 months every season for the last 10 years. Call me pessimistic but I can't see that changing. If we get a good offer in the summer we should sell.. same with Nolan and Smith.

Guest Phil K

The day you make a post that is worth reading will be a first.

One liners need to be witty.

Try it sometime.

Was it you going on about Ameobi ?

Mmm. Not moronic enough for you, is it ?  :uglystupid2:

Coming from one of Pilko's Playground Pals, it's a bit rich anyway !  ;D

Guest Phil K

Leeds fan friend of mine just texted me to say we had just put a third bid in for him. No ITK, just passing on what i was texted. He reckons £2m.

When do they have to make their minds up ?

Didn't it stretch well into September for the August one ?

Guest icemanblue

Try it sometime.

5'2", and angry as fuck.

Guest Phil K

Try it sometime.

5'2", and angry as f***.

Never asked for your height nor your pathetic mental condition.

Never more than one line. What does that tell others about YOU ?

Go on, I can hear Pilko shouting.

Probably needs you to wipe his arse for him.

Guest icemanblue

Try it sometime.

5'2", and angry as f***.

Never asked for your height nor your pathetic mental condition.

Never more than one line. What does that tell others about YOU ?

Go on, I can hear Pilko shouting.

Probably needs you to wipe his arse for him.

:lol:

I couldn't give a shit, mate. I think Pilko is a massive arse licker, but I'd still pick his side if it means I get to wind you up... titch.

Who says Leeds would want Ranger? They may be able to see past the hype. I'm sure most people only like Ranger because of his "STR8 like a banana" internet bollocks. He's another one of the Newcastle crowd's unjustifiable (so far) fan favourites (following in the footsteps of Viana and Ketsbia).

Viana a fan's favourite??  No-one liked Viana.  Which is a shame because he was actually quite good.

There was definitely a time when Viana was a fan favourite. He wasn't liked by the end of his Newcastle career. Lua Lua was another fan favourite. The crowd have a history of liking players who take the headless chicken approach to the game. Probably because we like to see players run at the opposition (hence why everyone got excited about Pancrate when he first played).

We like any player that's good or at least puts some effort in.  But when most of your team has the do fuck all approach to the game the headless chicken can look great in comparison.

By the way, you're not saying you think Viana took the headless chicken approach are you? ???

Correct, I'm not saying Viana took the headless chicken approach.

Guest Phil K

I couldn't give a s***, mate. I think Pilko is a massive arse licker, but I'd still pick his side if it means I get to wind you up... titch.

You're like a stuck record, sunbeam

Same crap every posting

TBH - at least Pilko can manage more than one line postings, meaning there is a brain between his ears

Can't say that about you

Nice avatar, good user name, shame about the person using them.

Grow up, son.

Selling Shola now would be madness with our promotion hinging on it, but I would not be against offloading him in the summer, as he is nowhere near good enough to keep us up next season (providing we get promoted). Our strikeforce, as well as our midfield, will require significant investment if we want a shot at staying up next season (I don't think any of our strikers are of the required level, so we probably need at least two new strikers in, with the likes of Loven, Ranger, etc as backup at best).