Another one - Our most overrated player of the last decade......

Liam Liam Liam O

Owen may be overated now but at his peak he was truly international/world class. Sadly we never got to see it and now he is well and truly a shadow of the player he was in the early part of the decade.

We've had so many players who underwhelmed me in the last ten years it's hard to pick just one. I guess Luque having seen him play in spain he looked class but was just a total waste of space for us.

By the media Butt clearly wins this hands down

agreed, he had a couple of good seasons but people seem to think the same Butt that played in the champions league final is still turning out for us this season...

Its one choice more than you have mustered in this thread ;D

Butt and Owen had already been mentioned so my input on that wasn't needed.  To say that N'Zognia is the most overrated player of the last decade is pathetic when people only rate him higher than Duff.

Going to be slated for this, but Gary Speed for me. Was a good player, but quite often slowed us down by not feeding the wingers quick enough, and wasn't the ball winning midfielder we needed at that time. As for missing him when he left, I'd put that more down to replacing him with the wrong player, and Bolton's route one style of football suiting him as he didn't have to do as much work in their midfield.

Going to be slated for this, but Gary Speed for me. Was a good player, but quite often slowed us down by not feeding the wingers quick enough, and wasn't the ball winning midfielder we needed at that time. As for missing him when he left, I'd put that more down to replacing him with the wrong player, and Bolton's route one style of football suiting him as he didn't have to do as much work in their midfield.

You say that, but everyone we've had since has been shit.

I was thinking Speed too. Not that we should have sold him when we did/for the pittance we did/without adequately replacing him. Bowyer got on my tits massively aswell. Seem to recall a lot of people liking him.

It really isn't N'Zogbia, at all. He was one of the best footballers we've had in the last four or five years. As stinking an attitude as he had, he was criminally underplayed and simply mis-managed by Roeder... bringing Duff in was the point of no return cos he went off in a humongous sulk, that seemed virtually impossible to eradicate. But that's for another thread.

Its one choice more than you have mustered in this thread ;D

Butt and Owen had already been mentioned so my input on that wasn't needed.  To say that N'Zognia is the most overrated player of the last decade is pathetic when people only rate him higher than Duff.

That's him not being your friend any more. :no: