Reading vs Newcastle United Pre Match Thread - 13/04/10 - 8pm

Stifler

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Mike Williamson, Fabricio Coloccini, Danny Simpson, Wayne Routledge, Alan Smith ©, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi

Subs: Tim Krul, Joey Barton, Leon Best, Jose Enrique, Andy Carroll, Peter Lovenkrands, Fabrice Pancrate

Playing with 10 men for the win :laugh:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Mike Williamson, Fabricio Coloccini, Danny Simpson, Wayne Routledge, Alan Smith ©, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi

Subs: Tim Krul, Joey Barton, Leon Best, Jose Enrique, Andy Carroll, Peter Lovenkrands, Fabrice Pancrate

Playing with 10 men for the win :laugh:

They're missing Guthrie,  oops!

Gutted Jose isn't fit enough to start, but aside from that not complaining too much although I don't expect we'll be playing much football.

If Alan Smith scores and we win then it will have been a tremendous evening.

Official team:

Good stuff. It's not like Carroll/Lovenkrands have been 'dropped'. They've played a lot recently and it's only three days since our last match. We've got a fully fit squad now (bar Taylor i think), and we're promoted. There's license to rotate and we've won games playing 4-5-1 away from home.

Gutted Jose isn't fit enough to start, but aside from that not complaining too much although I don't expect we'll be playing much football.

If Smith scores I have full confidence in the world imploding on itself shortly afterwards.

That wouldn't be too tremendous.

If Smith scores I have full confidence in the world imploding on itself shortly afterwards.

That wouldn't be too tremendous.

What a great way to go out that would be. Bring it on.

Would have liked to see Barton instead of Smith and Carroll ahead of Shola, but otherwise I'm happy. To be honest, I'm not even really that arsed about this game :undecided: Want us to win the league at home, so we only really need one point from the next two games.

Do we know it's Guthrie and not Butt? :shifty:

Smith is listed as captain so it must be Guthrie, but that was the first thought that crossed my mind too I must admit :lol:

Personally think it's quite smart to go 4-5-1 against a team with 5 in midfield. As Nolan is undroppable in Hughton's eyes, the best solution is to play him off the front man. As Shola caused them problems earlier in the season it's hard to argue with his selection here.

Personally think it's quite smart to go 4-5-1 against a team with 5 in midfield. As Nolan is undroppable in Hughton's eyes, the best solution is to play him off the front man. As Shola caused them problems earlier in the season it's hard to argue with his selection here.

It's not hard if you like moaning.