Reading vs Newcastle United Pre Match Thread - 13/04/10 - 8pm

Stifler

Well, could be a blessing in disguise, their confidence is sky high after that result against Liverpool, a beating in the cup will drag them back down to earth, which is exactly where we want to play them, on their usual being s**** at home.

spot on tbh. Has some good things that the game is off.

This country is an absolute joke. How can they play NFL games in America in temperatures as low as -15C and with 2 foot of snow on the ground and approach roads yet we cant play a game in 0C and six inches of snow?

I blame the HSE for all the nonesense they have come out with in the last 15 years. They have turned is soft man.

This country is an absolute joke. How can they play NFL games in America in temperatures as low as -15C and with 2 foot of snow on the ground and approach roads yet we cant play a game in 0C and six inches of snow?

I blame the HSE for all the nonesense they have come out with in the last 15 years. They have turned is soft man.

The NFL have snow games yes with a few inches on the turf but to say 2 feet of snow is ridiculous thats 24 inches which in most people is knee deep you couldnt move FFS

How can a game be called off 2 full days beofre kickoff? I mean is 2 full days not enough to get snow plows, gritters etc all out?

Bloody disgrace.

I think the reasoning is because it is due to keep snowing.

Strange that Middlesbrough's game hasn't been called off yet.

Normally matches aren't called off because of the amount of snow on the pitch.

...and we're shit at dealing with snow because we don't get enough of it for council's to invest a significant amount in preventing/removing it. Hence the country more or less coming to a stand still.

How can a game be called off 2 full days beofre kickoff? I mean is 2 full days not enough to get snow plows, gritters etc all out?

Bloody disgrace.

It isn't a disgrace at all. It would have been a disgrace if they'd have called it off at 11am on Saturday.

Guest Phil K

Over the top health & safety its a fkn joke,

Actually we lost our hot fresh food cateen due to the Health and Safety w@nkers (the company who ran it pulled out and the woman who had run it for 20 years said she'd do it as usual - no certificate, so refused - and she was never allowed the time to get one) and have had a boiler and a sandwich and crisp machine that is 80% of the time empty to replace it, so I regard these H&S tossers as....no, no, I'll not go on about them....

The NFL have snow games yes with a few inches on the turf but to say 2 feet of snow is ridiculous thats 24 inches which in most people is knee deep you couldnt move FFS

I dont mean 2 foot of snow on the pitch when the game is taking place, obviously. The snow would be cleared from the pitch. I mean out in the streets. At worst, 2 foot of snow would force the game to be delayed by a few hours to clear routes but called off it most certainly would not be.

Guest Brummiemag

Agree 100%.

This game wouldn't have been called off 20 years ago unless the pitch was frozen. Its the easy option to call the game off, so called health and safety outside the ground. Was never an issue in the past.

Unfortunately its the risk averse society we now live in which is why all the schools close when theres an inch of snow. Its not only a joke but an embarrassment - people in other countries must be laughing at us

I dont mean 2 foot of snow on the pitch when the game is taking place, obviously. The snow would be cleared from the pitch. I mean out in the streets. At worst, 2 foot of snow would force the game to be delayed by a few hours to clear routes but called off it most certainly would not be.

Can't remember an NFL game ever being delayed by snow off the top of my head. Are there no plows in England?

Guest toonlass

Can't remember an NFL game ever being delayed by snow off the top of my head. Are there no plows in England?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/images-16.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/barney.jpg