Newcastle United 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle - 13/01/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Harewood and Ameobi never functioned well as a pair but you wanted them up front just because they were scoring, what's the difference?

Because they were BOTH scoring. :lol:

Play your best team not your best players.  If Lovenkrands is scoring hatricks with Carroll as his partner I couldn't care less if Carroll doesn't score, he does his job well which helps Lovenkrands.  Ameobi isn't as unselfish.

How does he help Lovenkrands? He's a hinderance to team.

As is Shola in a supporting role. 

I think he really benefitted from having Carroll to take the knocks & be the target man for him to play off earlier in the season.

Who suggested we play him in a supporting role?

Shola is worth having on the pitch because he's a massive goal threat in this league, with or without Carroll, who's bullying style has only contributed to one of his goals anyway.

If Harewood comes back or Beckford signs, it's Lovenkrands who makes way. Good championship striker, but tonight isn't typical of him.

Loven is prem quality and you know it. Hattricks arent typical of anyone, hes done well near every single game hes played upfront this season.

I like Lovenkrands, but i've seen very little from him to suggest that he'd do well for us over the course of 38 games in a premier league season.

How come my ticket cost 20 quid while everyone was getting in for 15 quid? Whats the craic with that?

Should have been 10 quid for adults and 3-5 for kids. The club will never learn.

Microsoft had a word.

Not funny, Dave.

Harewood and Ameobi never functioned well as a pair but you wanted them up front just because they were scoring, what's the difference?

Play your best team not your best players.  If Lovenkrands is scoring hatricks with Carroll as his partner I couldn't care less if Carroll doesn't score, he does his job well which helps Lovenkrands.  Ameobi isn't as unselfish.

As is Shola in a supporting role. 

I think he really benefitted from having Carroll to take the knocks & be the target man for him to play off earlier in the season.

Who suggested we play him in a supporting role?

Shola is worth having on the pitch because he's a massive goal threat in this league, with or without Carroll, who's bullying style has only contributed to one of his goals anyway.

No one, but if we sign a 'goalscorer' like Beckford, that's the role Shola will have to play.

How come my ticket cost 20 quid while everyone was getting in for 15 quid? Whats the craic with that?

Should have been 10 quid for adults and 3-5 for kids. The club will never learn.

£20 East Stand and Milburn Paddock.

£15 Leazes and Gallowgate Ends and corners.

If you think he's a hindrence to the team then you haven't seen many matches this season.  I'll be the first to admit that he should be gettting more goals and he can improve certain parts of his game but he's a young lad who does a cracking job at both ends of the pitch,  numerous times each game he gets great clearing headers when back defending at set pieces and while not scoring his presence causes problems and he gets valuable asssits, such as the two at Barnsley,  i'd hardly call him a hindrence when we were away at Sheff Utd when he was battling away with Morgan.

You now and again make some good points but you don't half come out with some crap! ;-)

Agreed, that he needs to get more goals, and with the rest of the post.  :thup:

They don't need to learn if people paid £20 for something which you thought was worth £10.

They obviously could have made more money by reducing the prices and perhaps more than doubling the crowd and  subsequently reaping the food and beer rewards that such a crowd would bring. So I suggest they do need to learn.

Every man and his dog knew that this was going to be one of the worst crowds in decades. Everyone apart from NUFC that is.

They don't need to learn if people paid £20 for something which you thought was worth £10.

They obviously could have made more money by reducing the prices and perhaps more than doubling the crowd and  subsequently reaping the food and beer rewards that such a crowd would bring. So I suggest they do need to learn.

Every man and his dog knew that this was going to be one of the worst crowds in decades. Everyone apart from NUFC that is.

You're right, but it's been the same for years.

If Harewood comes back or Beckford signs, it's Lovenkrands who makes way. Good championship striker, but tonight isn't typical of him.

Loven is prem quality and you know it. Hattricks arent typical of anyone, hes done well near every single game hes played upfront this season.

I like Lovenkrands, but i've seen very little from him to suggest that he'd do well for us over the course of 38 games in a premier league season.

Anyone who can look beyond the goals will agree with that. His first goal was a deflection, the second he was unmarked, and the third was a mis-hit. We bossed the game through posession of the ball. Shame some people don't wan to acknowledge one of the few games where we actually did that.

Anyone who can look beyond the goals will agree with that. His first goal was a deflection, the second he was unmarked, and the third was a mis-hit. We bossed the game through posession of the ball. Shame some people don't wan to acknowledge one of the few games where we actually did that.

second he was unmarked...........?

isn't thast good movement/positioning etc. ? if only the others mugs we have up front could find themselves unmarked.

bizzraly you've hit on a strange thing. at home this season some of the games we've dominated most have been the closest (bristol city/derby) whereas in our better wins we didn't really dominate (swansea/plymouth/reading)

Fair enough Lovenkrands getting man of the match but the real stars of the show were the left hand side. Enrique and Jonas made it look like a training match, absolutely took the piss from start to finish.

second he was unmarked...........?

isn't thast good movement/positioning etc. ? if only the others mugs we have up front could find themselves unmarked.

bizzraly you've hit on a strange thing. at home this season some of the games we've dominated most have been the closest (bristol city/derby) whereas in our better wins we didn't really dominate (swansea/plymouth/reading)

It is, but everyone else in our team is being judged by premier standards so in all fairness we have to do the same with Lovenkrands, Which of those goal do we think he would score in the premier?

Outside chance of our match being on tele? Would command the highest viewing probably out of the ones not already picked and I'm unsure ITV will put on the Reading Burnley game, or is there no chance?

Outside chance of our match being on tele? Would command the highest viewing probably out of the ones not already picked and I'm unsure ITV will put on the Reading Burnley game, or is there no chance?

No mention of it on ITV1 when they were talking about the next round fixtures.