The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

someone on twitter mentioned pardew the other day.

would be totally gutted, ive just got a text saying he'll be replaced by o'neill?

will be so disillusioned if we sack hughton. even more so for f***ing pardew.

Unless the text was from O'Neill or Ashley, that's not really helpful :lol:

would be totally gutted, ive just got a text saying he'll be replaced by o'neill?

i wouldnt want oneill anyway overrated media darling and a moany twat as well

hughton ftw

was just from a mate. sorry should have specified.

:)

Our London lawyers told us two weeks ago that Pardew was being lined up, to the extend that a draft contract was in place. I can only guess from that they they have prepared it. I refused to believe it but I am not sure all of a sudden...

I would be very surprised if our lawyers were going around spouting the odds.  If they were a top firm they wouldn't remain top for long if that's the way they approach business.

I'm not sure that even a clear rebuttal from the club would help matters, unfortunately. The media thrives on speculation and particularly the misreading of it.

"The dreaded vote of confidence"....

Can't win. Once the press get their teeth into something like this the outcome is usually the bullet for someone. The only thing that will stop this is results on the park.  :undecided:

Fed up with the media like.

The most annoying thing is when they're acting like it's utter bollocks but at the same time continuing to give it shitloads of airtime. Sky and particularly SSN are guilty of this, trying to make out they're somehow not included with 'the media'.

Fed up with the media like.

The most annoying thing is when they're acting like it's utter bollocks but at the same time continuing to give it shitloads of airtime. Sky and particularly SSN are guilty of this, trying to make out they're somehow not included with 'the media'.

They always bring the fans into it as well with the whole "high expectations" shite. As far as I know, everybody has been pleased with the job Hughton has done.

I've heard the same from a mate at Hibs who claims he was there when Hughton was on the phone to Calderwood earlier on this morning. Apparently Chris was crying his eyes out and everything. :sadnod:

Jesus! Any fucker can make up spurious shite that sounds vaguely credible, but at the end of the day, it's not worth paying any attention to...deal with it if and when it happens, ffs