The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would sack hughton now if the power was in my hands, crap at tactics and substitutions

so if the power was in your hands who would you hire to replace him?

Maybe Martin jol. For me if the manager picks the right team a result can be blamed on the players, for me hughton often selects the wrong team, ir Guthrie on the right and that will be found out this season

I would sack hughton now if the power was in my hands, crap at tactics and substitutions

Maybe Martin jol. For me if the manager picks the right team a result can be blamed on the players, for me hughton often selects the wrong team, ir Guthrie on the right and that will be found out this season

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have a full six weeks before we will need to be looking for a new manager.

Guest MrBrown

Did you stop watching us after Christmas?

Guest malandro

Anyone remember wanting rid of Hughton because he was part of the 'cockney mafia'? I know a lot of us were not overly impressed with him becoming manager at the time, me included, but always got the impression it was just down to the fact we didn't think he was good enough. Sunderland fans on RTG seem to think it was because of the 'cockney mafia' idea mentioned.

Personally no, was very supportive of his appointment, but I do remember being disgusted by the constant digs at him being no more than a 'puppet' of the 'cockney mafia'; I've got a feeling there was even a true faith front page cartoon saying exactly that.  

Which one?

A) Post Keegan caretaker.

B) Post JFK caretaker.

C) Post Shearer caretaker.

D) Post Leyton Orient players meeting permanent.

The same Martin Jol who turned down the UEFA League finalist Fulham to stay at Ajax (2nd in Eredivise)? 

No seriously, who would you hire to be the manager?

The same Martin Jol who turned down the UEFA League finalist Fulham to stay at Ajax (2nd in Eredivise)? 

Uefa finalist with no hope what so ever of doing better then they already had.

That said he only turned them down because contractually he had to.

He would be here in a shot IMO.

If Ajax wouldn't let him go how would we get him?

I'm not advocating for getting him. Just saying he wanted the Fulham job, I think he would jump at the chance of the job here if it was available too. Ajax letting him go is a separate issue, they are the reason he didn't to Fulham, wouldn't be any different if he wanted to come here in the immediate future.

Still not convinced he would come here to work under the conditions Ashley sets.

What are these shocking conditions?

I'm yet to be convinced that the conditions Ashley sets are massively different to most other chairman tbh.

Guest neesy111

Caulkin Posted this on His Twitter, very nice:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/142854692.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1281345665&Signature=4SjyqPCGreU9%2B7XViyzxcTsTVGY%3D

Caulkin Posted this on His Twitter, very nice:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/142854692.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1281345665&Signature=4SjyqPCGreU9%2B7XViyzxcTsTVGY%3D

are these the "conditions" being referred to? :lol:

sofas shit and tiny, carpets crap...surprise CH hasn't walked yet

I don't see why he needs to be slagged off at all tbh. Can't we just respect what he did last season and hope for the best this one? Or is it just not right if we aren't slating people?

Still not convinced he would come here to work under the conditions Ashley sets.

What are these shocking conditions?

I'm yet to be convinced that the conditions Ashley sets are massively different to most other chairman tbh.

They're no different to Blackpool.

I think clubs that want to stay up have different conditions though.  Like Wolves who are the second biggest spenders in this transfer window with over £16m invested in the summer.

Or Birmingham who've spent £12m.

Or Wigan - £10m

West Ham £8m

Or even Sunderland who've spent £5m

These are the clubs who'll be in the relegation scrap next year, and they've all dwarfed our investment so far.

I like Hughton.