The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love the way as soon as he mentioned 'club matters' with regards to picking his 25 man squad, he instantly tried twisting it to make it sound like Hughton was saying he didn't have full say on the squad. Yet still Hughton comes back with an instant response! Fail :D

Hughton was class in that interview like. As he has been in all of the interviews. I thought the way Kazenga answered his questions was great too - it showed that the whole squad know if they perform then they will get there chance sooner or later, but ultimately it's up to the manager when they'll get that chance. There's a real respect at the club for everyone involved, a real belief and a real desire to achieve for this wonderful club.  :coolsmiley:

Still a worry for me if  aplayer is being peddled and the image is being given that it is a matter out of the manager's remit.  Not sure it is of KK esque proportions but he gave the impression that he was out of the the loop and would be upset if ST left

Still a worry for me if  aplayer is being peddled and the image is being given that it is a matter out of the manager's remit.  Not sure it is of KK esque proportions but he gave the impression that he was out of the the loop and would be upset if ST left

It's easier for him if it looks like he has no part in the decision which I doubt is the case.

Guest Heneage

It's easier for him if it looks like he has no part in the decision which I doubt is the case.

He gave a solid answer it's got nothing to do with anyone bar Taylor his representatives and the club.

He is probablty not allowed to talk about it.  Remember the club statement saying Hughton could only answer questions on footballing matters. 

This one is a grey area but an awkard one for Hughton.  If he said anything, it would be interpreted as either implied criticism of the board or the player.

With ST though, as he only has 1 year left on the contract what else could the club do? CH should inform the board that he would like ST to be offered a new contract then let the board do the negotiations. I reckon very few managers sit in on these discussions

Just watched the Sky Sports clip and I must say that CH exudes class. He answered the questions in a measured and intelligent tone and gave away nothing.

I have to admit that it is refreshing given the sensational quotes that have been plastered all over the media in the past.

Well played.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just watched the Sky Sports clip and I must say that CH exudes class. He answered the questions in a measured and intelligent tone and gave away nothing.

I have to admit that it is refreshing given the sensational quotes that have been plastered all over the media in the past.

Well played.

Aye, he's class.

That Sky Sports guy was trying to stitch him up.

"So will Steven Taylor be in your 25 man squad?"

"That'll be discussed between the player and the club."

"... but aren't you the manager?"

"Yes I'm the manager, but I'm not going to tell you."

:smug:

Chris Hughton 1-0 Sky Sports Giant

Well played.

Aye, he's class.

Did he really said that last sentence? On the Sky Sports website the video ends before that if it was so.

Pretty sure he said that, or something along those lines.

Ok, cheers.  :thup:

No wonder they made the cut before it on their website.

Aye, he got owned like, just watched the game back on Sky Plus. Good when when everyone was cheering for Jeff Stelling in the Sky box when we were leaving the ground  :smitten:

Guest secteur2010

Well played.

Aye, he's class.

Did he really said that last sentence? On the Sky Sports website the video ends before that if it was so.

Yes he did say that. A cracking moment from CH.