The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would be a sad day for the club. Even sadder if JFK returned.

You know what? I hadn't even thought about that c*** coming back.

**shudder**

That is the worst thing, he been linked back with us in the press over the last two weeks.

I'm not sure that even a clear rebuttal from the club would help matters, unfortunately. The media thrives on speculation and particularly the misreading of it.

"The dreaded vote of confidence"....

Can't win. Once the press get their teeth into something like this the outcome is usually the bullet for someone. The only thing that will stop this is results on the park.   :undecided:

Win on Sunday and the pressure will be gone, lose and he's probably in trouble.

I'm not sure that even a clear rebuttal from the club would help matters, unfortunately. The media thrives on speculation and particularly the misreading of it.

Can't win. Once the press get their teeth into something like this the outcome is usually the bullet for someone. The only thing that will stop this is results on the park.   :undecided:

I don't understand why, we're in 9th and have been playing pretty well, and got a good away win against a relegation rival in our last match. Fuck the press, there should be no pressure at the moment.

I don't understand why, we're in 9th and have been playing pretty well, and got a good away win against a relegation rival in our last match. Fuck the press, there should be no pressure at the moment.

We won't be if we lose at the weekend, the results in the last three home games (bearing in mind the opposition) make winning at the weekend absolutely essential.

Can't win. Once the press get their teeth into something like this the outcome is usually the bullet for someone. The only thing that will stop this is results on the park.

:undecided:

I don't understand why, we're in 9th and have been playing pretty well, and got a good away win against a relegation rival in our last match. f*** the press, there should be no pressure at the moment.

This

Sacking him now would be ridiculous, ok so our home form has been poor but I think generally we have made a decent enough start to the season considering the resources he's been given (+ the injury to Ben A)

Mental the thought of him even leaving tbh. Just pure media Newcastle hat, we've not sacked a manager in a year, so he must be on the edge, regardless of the fact that he got us promoted first time and were in good stead in the Prem. Journo wankers at their best

Can't win. Once the press get their teeth into something like this the outcome is usually the bullet for someone. The only thing that will stop this is results on the park.

:undecided:

I don't understand why, we're in 9th and have been playing pretty well, and got a good away win against a relegation rival in our last match. f*** the press, there should be no pressure at the moment.

This

Sacking him now would be ridiculous, ok so our home form has been poor but I think generally we have made a decent enough start to the season considering the resources he's been given (+ the injury to Ben A)

People need to realise the difference between being under pressure & deserving the sack tbh.

A lot seem to be questioning what he is playing at, my take on it is he was willing to give a second string a chance again as they managed to do it against Chelsea, it didn't work as we went 2-0 down so he threw on some of the "big guns" to try and rescue it as he would have liked to actually win despite playing it down.

My two cents, will stay out of here till Sunday now :D

A lot seem to be questioning what he is playing at, my take on it is he was willing to give a second string a chance again as they managed to do it against Chelsea, it didn't work as we went 2-0 down so he threw on some of the "big guns" to try and rescue it as he would have liked to actually win despite playing it down.

Stupid idea really.

You'll be back in this thread before then, I reckon. :lol:

You'll be back in this thread before then, I reckon. :lol:

Reading it.

Yeah, well I think he wanted to at least get a goal back and finish strongly but it backfired, lets just hope the staff make sure we forget about this and prepare for Sunday the best we can.

Annoyed me that when he supposedly "saved" them for the weekend, he lets Carroll, Jonas and Barton get pretty much an entire half of football in a match he apparently didn't even want to win when it's already looking doomed.