The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Or you could judge the signing after hes played for us a few times

Not the way it's done sorry. Massive moan fest for about a month till he bags a couple of goals in a game (one off his shin) follwed by a months backtracking. Let the games commence.  :cheesy:

Can't believe the attitude towards Hughton on here. In my opinion he is winning in spite of the state of the team. People on here were clamouring for Mark Hughes and I had to laugh. If Mark Hughes came in tomorrow who do you think would be in the first team? You think he would leave Smith, Nolan or Butt out? Keep kidding yourself. Huge credit to Hughton for benching Butt, which I honestly don't think most other British managers especially, would have done. It's a tough balancing act, as unfortunately our worst players are our most experienced. If he can just promote us and get us into the summer I feel he has a good eye for decent players and would sort things out properly. For now he's grinding out the results however he can get them. Sack him? Crazy talk.

Er no. The team is winning in spite of Hughton is more accurate....

Can't believe the attitude towards Hughton on here. In my opinion he is winning in spite of the state of the team. People on here were clamouring for Mark Hughes and I had to laugh. If Mark Hughes came in tomorrow who do you think would be in the first team? You think he would leave Smith, Nolan or Butt out? Keep kidding yourself. Huge credit to Hughton for benching Butt, which I honestly don't think most other British managers especially, would have done. It's a tough balancing act, as unfortunately our worst players are our most experienced. If he can just promote us and get us into the summer I feel he has a good eye for decent players and would sort things out properly. For now he's grinding out the results however he can get them. Sack him? Crazy talk.

Correcto.

Correcto.

neither and both.

Mike Williamson: Hughton was raging with show

Nowhere was that frustration more keenly felt than in the dressing room, where Hughton made his feelings very clear after the game.

“The manager had a few choice words after the game. He wasn’t happy with us at all. The players were very disappointed but we just take the positives and move on to the next game,” he said.

“I know Chris comes over as very calm and collected but he has a switch on him. I can see his point because we didn’t play well enough.

“When a team goes down to ten men you want to be pushing forward and creating chances but in the end, considering how we were playing, a draw and a clean sheet – you take the positives and move on,” he said. “It can be tougher playing against ten men. They get behind the ball when they’re down to ten. But they actually went back to two up front and were pushing on in the second half – it was a bit unique.

Two men upfront with 10 men  :lol:

Anyway may have gotten the side completely wrong, but atleast he bollocks their performances behind closed doors. Might actually have some control afterall, just needs to drop a few players now to prove it.

Mike Williamson: Hughton was raging with show

Nowhere was that frustration more keenly felt than in the dressing room, where Hughton made his feelings very clear after the game.

“The manager had a few choice words after the game. He wasn’t happy with us at all. The players were very disappointed but we just take the positives and move on to the next game,” he said.

“I know Chris comes over as very calm and collected but he has a switch on him. I can see his point because we didn’t play well enough.

“When a team goes down to ten men you want to be pushing forward and creating chances but in the end, considering how we were playing, a draw and a clean sheet – you take the positives and move on,” he said. “It can be tougher playing against ten men. They get behind the ball when they’re down to ten. But they actually went back to two up front and were pushing on in the second half – it was a bit unique.

Two men upfront with 10 men  :lol:

Anyway may have gotten the side completely wrong, but atleast he bollocks their performances behind closed doors. Might actually have some control afterall, just needs to drop a few players now to prove it.

Hughton looked well wound up on the touch line as well during the game, but he should have made changes far earlier once their man was sent off. That would have had a lot more impact than raging in the dressing room.

Guest Stephen927

Giving the players a kick up the arse through the media isn't the right way to go about it. He won't expect the players to openly criticise him in the media, same works with the players. This kind of thing should stay in house, show a united front in the press but tell the players in the dressing room to sort it out.

And you really think the second bit will be happening? :lol:

:snod:

Guest neesy111

No good raging with the players. He needs to start playing the right ones in the right system.

exactly, if he was picking our best 11 and the players we'rent playing well then i would be blaming the players

If worse comes to worst and Ashley is to stick with Hughton next year, we need a couple of quality experienced coaches around him and Calderwood.

Like Roeder I cant see Hughton or Calderwood stepping down now they have the taste for it. The chance at (hopefully) managing in the premiership will be huge.

If they bring someone in that has tactical awareness and an ability to motivate players it wouldnt be the worst thing. Pretty close but not the worst.

If worse comes to worst and Ashley is to stick with Hughton next year, we need a couple of quality experienced coaches around him and Calderwood.

Like Roeder I cant see Hughton or Calderwood stepping down now they have the taste for it. The chance at (hopefully) managing in the premiership will be huge.

If they bring someone in that has tactical awareness and an ability to motivate players it wouldnt be the worst thing. Pretty close but not the worst.

Everytime I see you post I think your called toontownWOMAN. Literally every time.  :blush:

Everytime I see you post I think your called toontownWOMAN. Literally every time.  :blush:

Wishful thinking, but I'm afraid not, only on tuesdays.

Wishful thinking, but I'm afraid not, only on tuesdays.

ah well. 62mins.

Guest Chris P

Hughton's got to have job the next year as well. let him have his head, what the club needs is long term stability,so even if we go down again next year at least we won't owe 700 squillion quid. Let him build a team without massive stars .That's not what Newcastle's about anyway.

In a couple of years time we'll be laughing at the American owners of liverpool and MU ,unless of course they get there wish for equal distribution of wealth around the league ala NFL. i don't know, maybe its the way to go.

I would go as far to say that maybe they've even been guaranteed that out come